Conquer Club

[OFFICIAL] Lion King Mafia - Town Scarred as Mafia Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

MVP

Poll ended at Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:48 am

skittles
No votes
pikanchion
21%
Masket
43%
Hotshot
No votes
Ragian
7%
Kwanton
21%
Dakky
7%
Samlen
No votes
Benga
No votes
Djfireside
No votes
Flores
No votes
Skoffin
No votes
Chu
No votes
Madmitch
No votes
Mandy
No votes
DDS
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [OFFICIAL] Lion King Mafia Day 6 I'm yelling Simbaaaa

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

Minister Masket wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:Are we sure Simba was a town role? Because it feels like mandy did a lot more damage to the town than the scum actually have. :x

Skittles! wrote:Oh also vote DDS

Eurrggh...I mean...yeah you've been against DDS since the beginning practically, but he was one of the first to claim vanilla townie, and hasn't really done anything to make me think he isn't one.
How sure are you at this point based on the entire game that he isn't who he says he is?

There are two scum left, out of 5 of us... so all 3 town have to vote together to win. Skittles and I know each other are town because we are masons, and you have the only other name claim... so it seems highly likely that pika and DDS are the last scum. Also consider DDS' hammer on our doctor before they had a chance to claim, when they clearly said they'd claim if someone threatened to hammer. And read DDS argument against mitch yesterday... how it convinced everyone to vote mitch I don't know, it was obvious (to me at least) that he was just trying to make up whatever case he could to save the heat being put on him. I will go ahead and Vote DDS and leave the winning vote to you

Quite right, I do get the winning vote.

Vote DDS

So you were scum with pika? good game then :(
Major HotShot53

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Got rektd. And my theory sucked.
My egoooooooooo
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skoffin on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Where is that handsome devil Skoffin to tell people not to speed lynch.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm sorry Skofffffffffffff
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Skoffin on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Would you like me to tell you all the ways you disappointed me <3
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby dakky21 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't want to say anything till the game is over with a scene.
Captain dakky21

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:11 pm

Skoffin wrote: Would you like me to tell you all the ways you disappointed me <3

Does it start with the fact that we all voted on Day 1, like normal people do? :P
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Skittles! on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:05 am

gg MM and Pika - the latter scummaring their way to victory.

Town was a mess...
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:12 am

Yeah, large part of me. Lesson learned I guess. Don't cater or hammer people to prove a point. Sorry town.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby madmitch on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:18 pm

GG guys ,wished town would have believed me ,oh well scum played us well lol
Cadet madmitch

Postby Samlen on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Was an interesting game, and while we need players like mandy for activity, he took his stubbornness too far. Pretty sure dds and mandy did more dmg to the town than the scum themselves =p
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby nagerous on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Darkness falls upon the pride lands as the ostrich is attacked and accused of being scum and strung up by a tree...

All that was left was Timon and Pumba and Scar and Shenzi licked their lips as they surrounded them.

'Oh I do love warthog' giggled Shenzi.

'Silence' bellowed Scar. 'We have eliminated all threats and we are now victorious!'
show

A dark cloud filled the sky and thunder struck starting a fire on pride rock that would spread across the lands.

show

DDS - Ostrich (Townie) has been lynched!

Skittles - Timon (Mason) & Hotshot - Pumba (Mason) have been endgamed!

Masket - Scar (Mafia Godfather) & Pikanchion - Shenzi (Mafia Roleblocker) have won the game!

Yes... thanks to all for playing! As you are all clearly aware MAfiA have won!! so congratulations to MM, Pika, Ragian and Kwanton who had already achieved his win condition.

Firstly apologies for my inactivity of late, I am posting this from a hot tub in the Maldives but for anyone who has got married before know that it is an incredibly trying time to organise such an event so I have been very busy! I was then out of service flying off to my honeymoon and the internet here is absolutely terrible!

Kwanton played very well as the mafia jester, MM and Pika did great, I gave all the scum fake claims including Kwan. This was to make you think as opposed to just allowing everyone to claim all the roles in the lion king and ergo reveal who the scum was. This is why there were lots of VTs as well. Unfortunately town played really badly , you weren't' supposed to lynch Nala! So despite being in an imminently winning position from night one you managed to balls it!

Dakky was an auto kill night one - it was story driven to allow Simba to become King and was hinted in Dakky's PM. It was a mechanic I used in Godfather mafia too with Don Vito Corleone dying automatically early and it is one I chose to use here too. He was given a day one vigilante kill to make up for the early auto death and there was a hint in the first page which said died instead of killed. He got a mafia down straight away though so well done Dakky!

If you have further feedback on the game please let me know.
Last edited by nagerous on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain nagerous

Postby dakky21 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 pm

nagerous wrote:Dakky was an auto kill night one - it was story driven to allow Simba to become King and was hinted in Dakky's PM. It was a mechanic I used in Godfather mafia too with Don Vito Corleone dying automatically early and it is one I chose to use here too. He was given a day one vigilante kill to make up for the early auto death and there was a hint in the first page which said died instead of killed. He got a mafia down straight away though so well done Dakky!

As I already mentioned it to Mets, OFFICIAL games where MVP gets a prize of 3500 credits shouldn't have such conditions. Yes, I shot Ragian with a day kill, but auto-mod-kill made it impossible to become a MVP. I'm not saying I would be a MVP, but you never know. This game shouldn't have been made official as it's not equal to all participants.

BTW in case anyone has been wondering why Ragian, well I had to use the kill and I simply counted the votes & unvotes for each of the players, Ragian had the most at the time, though it was still joke phase. Another meta from previous games ;)
Captain dakky21

Re: [OFFICIAL] Lion King Mafia - Town Scarred as Mafia Wins!

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

I feel like I need to reread this game to figure out how a doctor with such a strong name claim was lynched.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby ga7 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Well, Kwan is MVP for me and he only played one day so... :lol:

I don't know if Mets reviewed the setup before making this game official but it's not like the game was built with that in mind. I highly doubt the MVP would have gone to someone on the losing side and had you stayed alive, I also highly doubt you would have single-handedly turn things around for town.

I had thought when this game started to do a read on the players at endgame but there is so much shade to throw that I could write an entire library, so it will stay closed instead :P
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Fircoal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Well I know who doesn't deserve MVP :P
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Skoffin deserves MVP cause she didn't vote FOR THREE WEEKS :lol: :lol:

Kidding.

I suggest Minister, or Pika, cause they played it well
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:03 pm

One of town's biggest (perhaps the biggest) mistakes was actually the VT claims; This is my first PM to MM as I joined the game night one:
Pikanchion wrote:Hi, I am Shenzi, roleblocker, and I guess it would be safe to assume you are Scar, Godfather or similar killing role?

Having read through the thread I don't see much of consequence (with the exception of mandalorian2298's soft claim of being the vig) until this point. The information revealed at said point is immense however.

Claims:

mandalorian2298 (soft claim) - Mufasa - Day-vig
Samlen - Giraffe - Vanilla Townie
madmitch (soft claim) - "basically the same as Samlen" - probable Vanilla Townie
benga (soft claim) - "role with a name" - probable Power Role
DirtyDishSoap (soft claim) - Ostrich (specifically avoids the Vanilla Townie claim, though this appears to be a cover for the true power roles) - probable Vanilla Townie

It's also worth noting that madmitch felt DirtyDishSoap's avoidance of the vanilla claim was considered vote-worthy to them. Further indicating that madmitch is indeed a Vanilla Townie.

Unclaimed, but on one side or another of Samlen's claim:

dakky21 - for lynch - possible Power Role
HotShot53 - against lynch - ambiguous
Skittles! - against lynch - ambiguous
Skoffin - against lynch, suspicious of FloresDelMal's FOS (See below) - possible Vanilla Townie
Fircoal - against lynch - ambiguous
FloresDelMal - for lynching madmitch, also FOS "all no name hervivores [sic]" - possible Power Role

The only person who does not appear on either list is Djfireside, who failed to chime in at all during the final stages of the previous day (unless I missed something). This being the case I find that fact to be a useful avenue of attack for tomorrow, and hence they are a poor target for tonight. As for who is a good target: mandalorian2298 is likely the vig, however something that strong is also likely a one-shot, or at least (and this may be why they used it so early) have a cooldown time; all those listed as possible or probable Vanilla Townies are obviously a poor choice, similarly (but to a lesser extent) those who I've listed as ambiguous; this leaves benga, dakky21, and FloresDelMal, all possible or probable Power Roles, so I say we should kill one and roleblock another.

Your thoughts?

So while not 100% accurate I had managed to effectively identify every single town power role (save for Skoffin), just from those few pages at the end of the first day. Choosing targets for the night kill was significantly easier after this.

Another big mistake was how quickly the last two lynches happened, it was far too easy for me to slip under the radar for the end, I didn't even make a post either of the last two in-game days and nobody seemed to notice.
Private Pikanchion

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:39 pm

I would say MM is MVP... I was pretty sure pika was scum the last two days, but the fast lynch on Mitch, and then being suspicious of how DDS voted let him slide through.

The whole mess-up with the doctor refusing to claim unless being threatened with a hammer, and then DDS hammering before giving a chance to claim really killed town.
Major HotShot53

Postby FloresDelMal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Skittles! wrote:Skoffin deserves MVP cause she didn't vote FOR THREE WEEKS :lol: :lol:

Kidding.

I suggest Minister, or Pika, cause they played it well

QFT but between both of them i dont know who is more deserving, i mean MM was half assed most of the time which in my opinion made him look scummy, but he got away with it and kudos for that, and then pika played townier than town and then scummarined for the gods, but to me his only error in judgement was claiming VT at the very last minute

i really suspected MM but after i got the result of my night action i thought he might be the doc and reluctanly white listed him, here are my results:
Minister Masket visited Mandy
skoffin visited the chu

anyway, e screwed up so badly that i am still face palming here heh, oh well shitake
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby dakky21 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:40 pm

We can still vote for MVP but scripted kill isn't something that should be done in an official game.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Brilliant! I won! I never even played! Makes me reconsider my future mafia moves....
Major Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

dakky21 wrote:We can still vote for MVP but scripted kill isn't something that should be done in an official game.

Why not?
Private Skittles!

Postby Skoffin on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Well if ga7 won't do an analysis, I will. :P
While it's apparent that some people are keen to pin town lose on Mandy, it's really not that simple and each person should look at what part they played in that.

Dakky: I agree with him that it isn't really suitable to have an official game where a player is destined to die, as it does put him in a position where he can't really vie for MVP as he doesn't have much time to really contribute. Despite the unfair advantage to him however, as single handedly the most useful townie of the game he is the only town sided player that would earn MVP. lol. I see your skills improving overall as a player dakky, solid effort.

Skittles: Started lurking, didn't get into his detective mode like he has in other games. Basically gave up the game. Committed the ultimate betrayal of voting for me; WHY DON'T YOU JUST STAB ME IN THE HEART BITCH?
Could have just ignored mandy and gave his opinions on other shit.

Hotshot: Your biggest flaw is that you lurk way too much. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your problem is that you delay too long before you get around to posting and by then you have the mindset that because it's been 'too long' that you need to make a big post in one go or you will look worse, and thus you delay longer until you have more to say. It would literally be better for you to post even a sentence each day to keep active along with making big posts when you can. I suggest you try just posting frequently even if it doesn't seem important.

DJ: Lurks way too much. Same boat as Hotshot.

Kwan: He has the double win, but I think it was too easy for him to have the jester role. To me he didn't appear to be playing all that different to how he usually does day 1 in other games, and as such he had a huge advantage having that role than if someone else did; and I think he would have had a harder time in the game if he was any other scumrole. I personally don't think he was MVP for that reason.

Mitch: your mocking of mandy for being wrong about me was misplaced, as you were equally as wrong and cannot put the blame on him. You were eager to follow his lead, and if you are willing to agree with someone on a lynch then it means you are just as responsible. You voted for me just as he did, it makes you just as wrong about the lynch as he. It's perfectly fine to get it wrong, but I don't think it's fine to blame someone else for the idea if you agreed with it. I think you need to develop your style of play more; you are too quick to throw votes and follow other people. You may want to try playing differently in the next games to see where it takes you.

Mandy: Active, which is excellent. But far too stubborn and not as willing to consider other viewpoints and trapped in tunnels too easily. But your biggest flaw is that you have a strict view as to how mafia is played and what people do as particular alignments, and you do not consider the individual player and what might be true for them. And you are too stuck on 'exacts', as in "I have to have seen this player do EXACTLY this!" to accept it rather than consider what could fit in with them. This occurred twice this game: First with the Sam lynch, you were adamant that only scum advocate no lynches and were unwilling to accept that for Sam/DDS their standard play style is to no lynch day one. Yes, typically it's scum that are in favour of no lynches, but that is not true for those two. Second was my lynch, as you concocted an entire cult theory based on not voting because no one ever holds a vote that long. But again you were unwilling to consider individual playstyles, , where holding my vote for as long as possible is standard play for me and shouldn't be that usual to have seen here.
While I personally am not fussed about the aggressive play, apparently it turned off a few people so ultimately it seems it made the game less active rather than triggering responses.
While I think your theory was batshit crazy and obviously flawed, not least in part because it didn't match the theme in my mind, I can't help but be frustrated with the other players who let it happen. Anyone who didn't agree with the theory could have easily ignored it and discussed other shit, but instead they sat back saying nothing or even just voted along with it to be done with it.

I do have to disagree with something you said regarding mitch though: My issue with mitch is not that he's 'unreadable" I've already shown I'm capable of catching him as scum, as I did so in Alien Mafia. My problem with mitch is that you cannot plan for mitch regardless of what side you are, whether you are town, scum or even the mod. The game is about tactics, but you cannot consider tactics with him around because he can quite literally do anything. An example: I made the decision to not give my doctor claim because I considered who was around to hammer me and I decided it was unlikely those players would hammer me suddenly. Ultimately I was wrong, but it was still a tactic I could consider and decide I had reasonable chances of my tactic working. Had it been mitch among those people to hammer I could not consider a tactic as he could literally go either way at any second. This was just a quick example of something recent, but the same goes for being scum and trying to make a clever ploy to win a game. If you have someone that could literally do anything any second at the flip of a coin, you cannot even try to counter it. It removes the point of trying to strategise as the game comes down to purely chance. The point of the game is to try to outplay your opponents, and if it's going to come down to just a roll of the dice then what is the point.

DDS: In some respects you did quite well, you were active and made some good cases. But it was highly disappointed to see you let mandy control how you played this game. You more than anyone could have ignored mandy if you disagreed with it and offered other cases to go on. But you chose, twice no less, to vote for a lynch you said you did not believe in just to let mandy be wrong. You helped destroy town by not willing to refuse to go with lynches you do not believe in.

Town: Overall town collectively played atrociously. We had town members lurking or giving up, we had one overly aggressive player stuck on their idea yeah - but that could have been overcome if other players literally just ignored that idea and discussed other shit, which no one was really doing-, players voting for lynches they did not believe in, and players speed lynching two days in a row instead of stopping to discuss things properly - which was vital since it was goddamn endgame FFS. And this is precisely why I have the habit of holding my damn vote for as long as possible.

Masket & Pika: The only two players eligible for MVP. Both were suspected at different times, and their win was aided by town playing like fools. both lurked, and masket was a bit wishy on a few things early on. Masket was more visible in the game, but I also think players should be given credit for what they do behind the scenes; and I think pika and his pegging who was what role was vital to the scum victory. Had flores/benga not died when they did this would have been a vastly different game. I actually thought mafia was going to lose when I saw chu die - as somone from the non-lynch pool should have died- but ultimately it didn't matter because town decided rushing through like muppets was the way to go by that point. My opinion is that MVP should be split between them.
Lieutenant Skoffin

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives