Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:29 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Thanks to dakky for recruiting me just before I died :) Kind of weird to win with a team I never tried to help, but I'll take it lol

Actually, I am the only one who won, you all were just my minions :D

BTW. due to the fact that enthralled will return to their normal role if the Thorian is killed, I was afraid of turning enthralled against me. Skittles got that part of a PM from DDS which was removed from further PM's. But sharing that info publicly would have probably messed up the game, so thanks Skitts for not doing it. DDS did say in cult chat that doing so will get him modkilled though, but an early death of the cult recruiter would have moved the game in another direction.

Cult chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/2sKJPVrtZfrGw

Skoff or whoever was in dead chat, can we get a link?
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Major HotShot53

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:21 pm

From the dead chat, Skoff knew everything, but obviously too late :D
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:54 pm

dakky21 wrote:N1 I converted Skittles, N2 benga, N3 hotshot (when scum targeted him and he came dead as enthralled), N4 LoVo and N5 (this night) Minister Masket.

I find it amusing that no one suspected me the whole game. Even DDS sent me a PM on 31.08. which said "For the record, I'm utterly shocked that no one has suspected you at all."

Yeah, really good game, first one that I'm actually proud of.

I suspected! It's just difficult to pull the trigger on someone who was right about 2 scum and I was more interested in Skoffin, Mitch and Skittles I think it was on Day 3. So did you actually suspect Thor or were you picking on the newbie?

So I was right on Caff, Skoffin, Skittles and Dakky. Wrong on Thor (I did briefly suspect him parts of day 1 and Day2 but was turned off because I also suspected Dakky and he had an odd reaction that I didn't expect from scum), Rage, Mitch and Lovo and kept going back and forth on Tails.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Also I'm afraid our relationship has to end Skittles! I'm just not into mind controlled minions of a plant monster. I wish you all the best.

Love Conrad.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 pm

strike wolf wrote:So did you actually suspect Thor or were you picking on the newbie?

Since it was in my nature (read: PM) to enthrall all except synthetics (read: scum), I was into scum hunt from beginning. I couldn't win if there was a scum alive, so yeah, I was after Thor for real. Honestly, he played the newbie card too much and I was glad that MM shot him. He could have done the same against me for putting pressure on the newbie, but he made a good choice. I was a newbie once, but the newbie card works only for few times, using it consistently will get you killed. Been there, died by that.
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:41 pm

strike wolf wrote:Also I'm afraid our relationship has to end Skittles! I'm just not into mind controlled minions of a plant monster. I wish you all the best.

Love Conrad.

That's adorable.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Skittles! on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:Also I'm afraid our relationship has to end Skittles! I'm just not into mind controlled minions of a plant monster. I wish you all the best.

Love Conrad.

And that's why you had to die :)

Gg everyone. Honestly, I don't know how I survived the last day because of my massive slip. I totally forgot that I said I investigated Ragian in the same post that I put my actions LOL. I made many mistakes this game, but I honestly felt safe throughout the whole thing - I had the luck of being Shepard, even tho Dakky wanted that claim for himself.

Thanks Doom for being so fixated on Mitch. I told you why he is more useful for Cult to be town than to join them, and it worked out exactly how I wanted it to. I even said he was a waste of a vote for town. None of you believed me. Mitch doesn't know how to play third party, which is something I found out from No Theme.

Me playing more aggressive allowed Dakky to fly UTR, which worked out for us. Our original plan from Night 1 onwards was to recruit the power roles (this was town's downfall), and then throw them under the bus - just like I tried to do with MM on the last day. Ez plan.

Ragian - I knew you were scum from day 3. Just wasn't the right time to get you lynched until it was LYLO for us. I just said you were town from that time onwards because I didn't want to get NK from you :)
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Oh also, gg everyone. Perfect game from Dakky IMO, good work.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:07 pm

I knew dakky wasn't town but I also got fucked over by lack of lore and the random check from benga. Well played kids.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I knew dakky wasn't town but I also got fucked over by lack of lore and the random check from benga. Well played kids.

You can always google the lore, but the random check screwed you, yeah.
Captain dakky21

Postby Skoffin on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 pm

don't know why people still underestimate Dakky, he has proven himself capable already. It's also kind of funny that on LyLo he talked all of you from doing a mass claim and no one gave him any sort of flak for it. lololol Well done mate.

I think the two things that kill town the most are:
1. inactivity
2. speed lynches

Too many people coasting or not saying much for days at a time, then everyone speeds through the last few days and wastes a lot of info.

The last day however it really the fault of two players; mitch and Doom

Mitch - You're actually a pretty nice person so I do feel bad beating on you so much, but you do need to stop being so quick with your votes and stop following other people so much. You actually did make some good improvements at the start of this game, but you went back to old habits when you replaced in and were accused of being scum. If I can make a suggestion to you; for your next game perhaps try only making one vote at most per day? Aim to only vote near the end of each game day and see how that affects your playstyle. At least it will limit how much someone can try to take advantage of you.

Doom - for as much shit you gave to mitch for his play ability, LOL at how you basically gave the win to cult.

I honestly do not get how skittles was NOT lynched. He gave such an amazing slip and he still lived to victory XD I literally thought "lol u fucked mate" the second I saw it. Even if any townies had doubts on anyone else, the second skittles fucked up so hard all town members should have voted him. I'm pretty amazed that Doom did not at the least unvote upon seeing it, instead leaving his vote for ragoo so someone else can hammer. And I should not have to say this but YOU DON'T FUCKING PUT A BUNCH OF VOTES UP IN A GAME FULL OF CULT FFS! you guys give such shit to those of us who hold our votes until last minute yet this is the type of shit this prevents. If town had not just thrown their votes down first before going through a full discussion then cult could not have banded together to take the win. You literally have no idea who has been turned, why the f*ck would you let anyone have a chance for a sudden hammer? rsfdgaertharsthrasthrtsahrsthsrthsrth

While I'm at it, I really hate how much reliance people put on the theme and char names. Ragoo was pegged for his name claim and it 'not matching the theme' yet that role was literally in the game; this means that had townie pika had been at that point instead of ragoo, you would have lynched a town member over cult for the same reason. I really wish people would stick to pointing out how peoples actions are scummy rather than strictly relying on theme. Particularly as you and the mod may have vastly different opinions as to what might match a char.

As for the mod; I do think you should have had a strict rule that mitch should not have spoken about his previous role at all. While it may not have ultimately affected the game it's still a bad precedence to set, and you never know how people will interpret information.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 pm

So how exactly does a cult leader fully control the enthralled?
It seems like there will be ample chance of major slip-ups, when a player has to suddenly, secretly and involuntarily change his role and alliances.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Skittles! on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Thorthoth wrote:So how exactly does a cult leader fully control the enthralled?
It seems like there will be ample chance of major slip-ups, when a player has to suddenly, secretly and involuntarily change his role and alliances.

In this game, if Dakky died then everyone who had turned cult who then be back to their previous alignment. I tried to start a wagon against Dakky on Day 2 for this reason - I haven't played as a cop in mafia for years, and then suddenly I couldn't do jack shit. Fortunately for Dakky, DDS threatened to modkill me if I purposely tried to get Dakky lynched. That's how you keep them enthralled.

Also, if you ever do become cult, just keep playing as a townie. While I was recruited quickly in the game and therefore didn't have to change my playstyle much, I still posted like I was town aligned and hoped to out some scum in the mean time. Some days, I threw my cult friends under the bus - notably Benga, the day after Hotshot was killed. Pointing out how someone is suddenly playing differently to the day before helps hide your own alignment, even if it means losing a team mate. For me, I didn't really care - I only cared that Dakky could stay alive, and for myself to stay alive (as a buffer to Dakky). Cult has the advantage of just replacing that person the night after.

Benga was super easy to throw under the bus, even if I didn't vote for him. You can see on the day of and the day before he got lynched, he was playing heaps differently. When he was town, he was active, going after scum, being helpful. When he was recruited, he became passive, noncommittal, wanted to just play an UTR game like Dakky. I even mentioned in the cult chat that he needed to be more townlike otherwise he was going to be lynched, which he was (I didn't help there).

So the key is just keep playing like you're a townie. As your win condition includes eliminating scum, it's not that difficult. If you're a townie anyway, losing a VT here or there is not detrimental to the overall game. Don't lose the power roles, or you lose the game.
Private Skittles!

Postby Ragian on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:02 am

Well done, dakky. Second game I witness you win. No clue you were the recruiter.

Like Skoffin said, I felt hard done by when one of the arguments for lynching me was flavour that I stole from a town player. I really wanted to say that in my defence :lol:

Apart from the alien games, I can't remember when I was town last time :sick:
Major Ragian

Postby Skoffin on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:09 am

I actually made a deal with every mod to ensure you are always scum.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ragian on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:42 am

You bastard!
Major Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:51 am

Thorthoth wrote:So how exactly does a cult leader fully control the enthralled?

There is a thing called "cult chat" just like you had a scum chat. So cult leader can discuss who to enthrall with fellow enthralled, but only during night. During the day, it's best to follow the leader, you don't want him dead. In this case the enthralled would revert to their normal roles, but most of the time cult would stay cult without the recruiting if the leader is killed. So in short, when you get into a cult, protect the leader.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Ragian wrote:Well done, dakky. Second game I witness you win. No clue you were the recruiter.

Like Skoffin said, I felt hard done by when one of the arguments for lynching me was flavour that I stole from a town player. I really wanted to say that in my defence :lol:

Apart from the alien games, I can't remember when I was town last time :sick:

I know the feeling... not long ago I was scum for like 4 or 5 games in a row... I was forgetting how to play as a towny lol
Major HotShot53

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:47 pm

dakky21 wrote:I find it amusing that no one suspected me the whole game. Even DDS sent me a PM on 31.08. which said "For the record, I'm utterly shocked that no one has suspected you at all."

Yeah, really good game, first one that I'm actually proud of.

For the record you were 3rd on my suspicion list, but that only happened on the LAST day. Sadly I can't prove it as I only mentioned madmitch and Skittles in my last PM to DDS.
Speaking of which, some of our messages are just too good to pass up showing here:

Minister Masket wrote:I am EXTREMELY tempted to Daykill Ragian for the lolz. :mrgreen:

This was primarily a joke due to Ragian complaining about being daykilled on Day 1 in a previous game, but only now do I realise it would've been a perfectly valid scum kill too! Still would've been hilarious though and I only just resisted doing it.

Minister Masket wrote:I'm bored. DAYKILL THORTHOTH :mrgreen:

(actually do have my suspicions about him atm so we'll see if I'm right)

Not only was this kill epic but it actually was kinda driven by boredom. :lol:
Him questioning everything though was a huge slip so thankfully my reasoning was justified!

Minister Masket wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:Guess I kinda ruined the story by taking out Saren huh? Sorry not sorry! What a guess at the time though! :mrgreen:

And my Krogan thirst for blood is not sated! I suspect Skoffin to be one of these filthy cult members (not a clue who in-story they are as I only played ME2), plus she must be punished for speaking publicly against me!

Kill Skoffin!
Not gonna lie, getting a massive boner from your actions lol.

Just disgusting from our glorious mod.
Anyway, Skoff, you were too easy to deduce. Same with Benga. You both flipped on me way too quickly for it not to be noticeable. ^^

Minister Masket wrote:For the love of God, NIGHTKILL MITCH
Since everyone else is incapable of lynching him. :x

It was going to be Skittles, but he's just admitted to being cult, which could be a fatal error if the night actions go favourably.

High chance I'm gonna be recruited if cult suspects I do have a kill left, just hoping my lack of action last time around did the trick.

Ah I was right about being about to be recruited!
Definitely these last couple of phases were where I fell down. Got completely too compelled with my madmitch theory to see any slip ups from Dakky (if even there were any). His style of play just totally throws spanners into all the works. :x

At least I twigged that Skittles was cult (eventually :P ):
Minister Masket wrote:And you may have unvoted now Skittles, but let's not beat around the bush here. You are cult, you've been cult for awhile, and eventually your continual defence of madmitch will get you caught out. Doom and I can both see it clearly.

Excellent game frankly. Scum were a shambles but I guess I was the main cause of that. Sorry not sorry. :mrgreen:
Sorry we couldn't see it through til the end Doom. After I got you off my back it felt like we had a good partnership going. Even while still suspecting if you were the last scum tbh. ^^

Cheers for the game DDS.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Skoffin on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:21 pm

You thought I was scum tho, so technically you were wrong :p

I regret nothing; you were acting like a potato, and I have a passionate hate and distrust of vigs :D Town Skoffin would still want you dead lol
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm

I'll probably host another in the future, maybe after a couple games I've played myself. I like hosting but damnit I like playing more lol.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skoffin on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 pm

I'm the best vote counter; I should do all vote counts. I'm the best. No one counts votes like me.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:50 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I'll probably host another in the future, maybe after a couple games I've played myself. I like hosting but damnit I like playing more lol.

im the opposite..i get more satisfaction hosting.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Ragian on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:24 am

Lol.. Did Trump just hack MM's account?
Major Ragian

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives