Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 am

Many choices lie ahead, none of them easy.

Rules...
show

Legend
show
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:39 am, edited 71 times in total.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up

Postby Pikanchion on Mon May 08, 2017 5:57 am

FemShep get!
Private Pikanchion

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up [1/17]

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 08, 2017 6:16 am

Assuming direct control.

In.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Mon May 08, 2017 6:21 am

If knowledge of Mass Effect is not mandatory, I'm in :)
Major Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 08, 2017 6:22 am

Ragian wrote:If knowledge of Mass Effect is not mandatory, I'm in :)

*hooks Rage up to an iv and has him play through the first game. Turns to DDS.* MAKE sure he moves around for at least 20 minutes every hour.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 am

Pikanchion wrote:FemShep get!

Spoilers of first game:

show

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up [3/17]

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 08, 2017 6:28 am

I'll be sure to feed the poor soul too. Lol. How can you skip this masterpiece?!

Whoever gets Shepard can bang any alien of his or her choice
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Pikanchion on Mon May 08, 2017 6:34 am

We'll bang, ok?
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Mon May 08, 2017 7:03 am

in please
Cadet madmitch

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up [4/17]

Postby Ragian on Mon May 08, 2017 7:44 am

Skip? I don't know what it is. Enlighten me, og brothers of the light (and sisters...)!
Major Ragian

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up [4/17]

Postby dakky21 on Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 am

Ragian wrote:Skip? I don't know what it is. Enlighten me, og brothers of the light (and sisters...)!

Mass Effect trilogy is one of the best games I've played, even bought 4th game - Andromeda, but still didn't give it a shot.
It's a space based shooter/adventure.

So, I'm in!
Captain dakky21

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up [5/17]

Postby Ragian on Mon May 08, 2017 8:31 am

A shoot 'em up game mixed with adventure stuff? Sounds nice. Not that I've played such games since the first Wolfenstein, though :geek:
Major Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Mon May 08, 2017 8:33 am

In af even tho I've never played ME
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby dakky21 on Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 am

Ragian wrote:A shoot 'em up game mixed with adventure stuff? Sounds nice. Not that I've played such games since the first Wolfenstein, though :geek:

Yeah, and it's like 30% shooting and 70% adventuring, exploring and talking with other characters or even romancing with them. Multiple choices for answers, so it can affect the story. You can be bad or good in the game. All decisions transfer over to Mass Effect 2, and after that in ME3, so how you set your character in ME1 will have impact on your ME2 and ME3 characters.

I suggest you to watch at least few minutes of the walk-through, to get a sense of what's going on.

Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Mon May 08, 2017 8:46 am

BTW. The main protagonist is called Shepard and can be both male or female, depending what you chose.
Captain dakky21

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 08, 2017 8:51 am

Skittles! wrote:In af even tho I've never played ME

Got another one strike.

For those that have not played, I highly recommend on reading the lore of the first game, main characters and events. It'll be crucial for you to determine who you are and what others may be. Just my suggestion. Looking out for you homies.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Re: Mass Effect 1 Mafia Sign Up [6/17]

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 08, 2017 9:13 am

Here's some of the characters. Probable good guys: Shepard, Tali, Garrus, Wrex, Ashley and Kaiden (though even among those at least one would be likely fake claim territory). Other prominent good guys: Joker (pilot), Engineer Adams, Dr. Chakwas and Admiral (or whatever his rank was in the first game) Anderson. Prominent a hole who is unlikely to be a villain: Ambassador Udina.

Depending on how complex DDS makes the game, you may also have a town or third party group among the Councilors (Asari, Salarian and Turian.) They're not going to be antitown but they may have their own win objective that could be slightly different. Otherwise I put them in the same boat as Udina.

Probable mafia: Saren, Matriarch Benezia, Geth and one I'm hesitant to mention because even though they'll be in the game, it would be a major spoiler and I recommend at least going through a video on the game's plot first.

There are also a few small roles, DDS could potentially sub in if he wants to provide better fake claims to mafia.

To be fair, Mass Effect is more than simple Adventure shooter. It's an RPG shooter where you can also select abilities to use and improve based on what class you picked (I always liked the ability to practically go gunless in killing everyone with biotics in 2 or 3 but with the shooting mechanics of the first game, I would go with a class that either allows you to snipe so you have at least one gun with better aim or a durable class where you don't mind getting in close and blasting everyone to smithereens when you do.)

For the record, Andromeda isn't as good as the first 3 well 2 3/4ths before the 3Rd one got a bit frustrating BUT I did enjoy it and am already working through a second play through...slowly.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 08, 2017 9:36 am

I'll be a bit lenient of giving fake claims if the player(s) that happen to draw scum are unfamiliar with ME and try to give them a better understanding rather than have them go in blind. That's as far as I'm willing to stretch it, rather have people try to be creative.

I love ME and I don't think a mafia game will do it any justice on just how creative and complex it can actually be. I did my best though to mix things up, and hopefully y'all will enjoy the set up.

I will say that any fans of the Mass Effect trilogy will be disappointed with Andromeda...The writing is...A lack luster? It definitely doesn't have the ME vibe. There are also a lot of time line issues that I'm seeing or something that would be obvious made me go "Huh?" Honestly, I think it's just EA being EA and pushing a developing company make a quick cash grab.

If this mafia game is successful, I'll play with the idea of the other two games in the future, though I'll probably leave out Andromeda. Lol.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Ragian on Mon May 08, 2017 10:00 am

I've been meaning to ask, DDS, what is your sig thing? General doing away with intolerance?
Major Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 08, 2017 10:05 am

It's just Neo being sensitive about his weight.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am

Ragian wrote:I've been meaning to ask, DDS, what is your sig thing? General doing away with intolerance?

It's basically me vs American drama TV. Pretty sure we're a giant soap opera now at this point.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Fircoal on Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Looking to try my hand at modding. The theme follows the first game of Mass Effect. (If anyone wants to help co-mod this game, please PM me).

17 players required.

Game will start after No Theme or Lion King has ended.

My suggestion is you pair your timing around No Theme, and I'll do mine around Lion King so they both don't collide with each other. (Although I feel like mine will be more like No Theme in tone while I don't know how yours will be like.)

Also in.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 08, 2017 11:25 am

Mine will have some odd things happen. About all I can say.

But I'll do that, tie it with no theme.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby nagerous on Mon May 08, 2017 12:42 pm

strike wolf wrote:Here's some of the characters. Probable good guys: Shepard, Tali, Garrus, Wrex, Ashley and Kaiden (though even among those at least one would be likely fake claim territory). Other prominent good guys: Joker (pilot), Engineer Adams, Dr. Chakwas and Admiral (or whatever his rank was in the first game) Anderson. Prominent a hole who is unlikely to be a villain: Ambassador Udina.

Depending on how complex DDS makes the game, you may also have a town or third party group among the Councilors (Asari, Salarian and Turian.) They're not going to be antitown but they may have their own win objective that could be slightly different. Otherwise I put them in the same boat as Udina.

Probable mafia: Saren, Matriarch Benezia, Geth and one I'm hesitant to mention because even though they'll be in the game, it would be a major spoiler and I recommend at least going through a video on the game's plot first.

There are also a few small roles, DDS could potentially sub in if he wants to provide better fake claims to mafia.

To be fair, Mass Effect is more than simple Adventure shooter. It's an RPG shooter where you can also select abilities to use and improve based on what class you picked (I always liked the ability to practically go gunless in killing everyone with biotics in 2 or 3 but with the shooting mechanics of the first game, I would go with a class that either allows you to snipe so you have at least one gun with better aim or a durable class where you don't mind getting in close and blasting everyone to smithereens when you do.)

For the record, Andromeda isn't as good as the first 3 well 2 3/4ths before the 3Rd one got a bit frustrating BUT I did enjoy it and am already working through a second play through...slowly.

FOS strike for trying to be helpful townie. I have only played andromeda and enjoying it at the moment. Can't play unfortunately basically because I have seen the set up ;)
Captain nagerous

Next

Return to Mafia Archives