Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass Effect 1 - D5 Citadel Assassination

Postby Skittles! on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 am

That was an interesting last page... What a slip up AMIRITE
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Ragian on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:37 am

Aye, but you just had to sucker in one person. Well played, skittles :)
Major Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:46 am

I'm not going to say much because the game isn't officially over, but it was 2, but there was a player who was the perfect distraction who I wasn't aligned with.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:43 am

Interesting that DDS didn't say the game was outright over. Maybe there's a chance...?
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby dakky21 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:23 am

MM If you were not one shot vig, if you can still shoot, then there is a chance that both you and scum can hit two cult and then if there are currently 3 cult it won't be 4vs7 or 3v6 if both of you hit cult tonight.
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 am

There is still a chance. It's still 4 to 3 so if your recruit tonight fails town can still win.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:53 am

DoomYoshi wrote:There is still a chance. It's still 4 to 3 so if your recruit tonight fails town can still win.

Ok, let's assume the current situation is 3 cult vs 3 town vs 1 scum.

- scum kills cult and recruit fails. It will be 2 cult vs 3 town vs 1 scum. Game continues.
- scum kills cult and recruit goes through. It will be 3 cult vs 2 town vs 1 scum. Game over.
- scum doesn't kills anyone and recruit fails. It will be 3 cult vs 3 town vs 1 scum. Game continues.
- scum doesn't kills anyone and recruit goes through. It will be 4 cult vs 2 town vs 1 scum. Game over.

So yeah, if the recruiter fails, the game will continue.
Captain dakky21

Postby Skittles! on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:38 am

dakky21 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:There is still a chance. It's still 4 to 3 so if your recruit tonight fails town can still win.

Ok, let's assume the current situation is 3 cult vs 3 town vs 1 scum.

- scum kills cult and recruit fails. It will be 2 cult vs 3 town vs 1 scum. Game continues.
- scum kills cult and recruit goes through. It will be 3 cult vs 2 town vs 1 scum. Game over.
- scum doesn't kills anyone and recruit fails. It will be 3 cult vs 3 town vs 1 scum. Game continues.
- scum doesn't kills anyone and recruit goes through. It will be 4 cult vs 2 town vs 1 scum. Game over.

So yeah, if the recruiter fails, the game will continue.

OR

Scum is lynched, cult is 3 vs 3, cult recruits during night, becomes 4 vs 3. Cult wins.
Private Skittles!

Postby Ragian on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:46 am

Based on recent games, it should come as no big surprise that I'm the last scum :lol:
Major Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:54 am

Get a new playstyle when you're scum m8, too easy to tell. Hence why you were the investigated person lulululul
Private Skittles!

Postby Samlen on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Blech i need to play a little more aggressively when i'm sure i'm right. And maybe be more active. Sounds like gg everyone.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:35 am

Skittles! wrote:Get a new playstyle when you're scum m8, too easy to tell. Hence why you were the investigated person lulululul

You need to see me as town before making that statement :D Also, being "caught" D5 while having fooled everyone else so far (especially Dakky) is counted as improvement here.
Major Ragian

Mass Effect 1 - N5 Death of the Geth

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Shepard and the remaining crew have once again, isolated themselves, more or less out of fear of one another. Shepard checks his email, and it's encryption says simple "We need to meet. Travel to Feros".

Shepard rallies his crew, and they land on Feros. Immediately disembarking, they are greeted not by anything human, but a Geth, who simply states he is their "Commander". Upon questioning the Geth further, he simply states that a threat larger than himself has awakened and has already converted much of their team. It lies deep inside the ruins of the Prothean race, and only with joining forces, could they hope to stand a chance.

The unspeakable happens though. The majority of the crew steps outside of the Normandy, and bum rushes the Geth Commander. Ragian - Geth Commander has been killed!

The same crew that killed the Geth Commander departs for the ruins, while the ones remaining, with their last shred of sanity, follows in tow.

For the sake of the game, N5 will commence today. I'm changing it to 48 hours however since there's not even a handful of people to send me their actions.

Days 6 (And probably the of the game), will commence on the 5th.
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skittles! on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:05 pm

LOL shit
Private Skittles!

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:07 pm

DIE FASTER OMG
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:25 am

As the crew enters deep inside the ruins, madness grips them. No longer are their minds their own, they now belong to the Thorian. Shepard and his crew have failed to save the Galaxy. The Thorian (Dakky) is now free to enthrall the Galaxy.

Good game everyone!

Cult(ists)
Dakky - Cult Leader
Benga - Cult
Hotshot - Cult
Skittles - Cult
LoVo - Cult

Here's the list of roles for everyone.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Mass Effect 1 Mafia
17 Players

Team Citadel

1. Shepard - First human Specter, your first and formost mission is to stop Saren and his team from achieving their goals by whatever means necessary

Ability - Check a players alignment each night. Will come up as either Citadel, Indoctrinated, Synthetic/AI

Skittles

2. Garrus Vakarian - Former C-Sec officer, you're tired of all the red tape, so you follow Shepards team to take down Saren and thwart his plans.

Ability - Follow a player to see who they visit each night.

Hotshot

3. Liara T'Soni - Asari archaelogist obsessed with uncovering the history of the mysterious Protheon race. Powerful bionic thanks to her mother, Benazi.

Ability - Role block one player each night.

Pika

4. Wrex Urdnot - Krogan Battlemaster, one of the remaining few in the galaxy, you join Shepards team for the thrill of the fight. Your mission is to stop Saren and his team and any third party that might be active.

Ability - You may kill one player during the day (only once), and once each night (limit: 2). Use your kill ability wisely.

Minister

5. Kaidan Alenko - You are part of Shepards team and a powerful bionic! Your goal is to help Shepard stop Saren's plan! You win when Sarens team and any third party active are eliminated.

Ability - Jail one person each night and prevent them taking any action.
Your target is aware that they are jailed.

Benga

6. Ashley Williams - You are part of Shepards team and are a capable soldier! Your goal is to help Shepard stop Sarens plan! You win when Sarens team and any third party active are eliminated.

Ability - Protect one person each night. If your protectee is targetted for death, you and the assailant will die instead.

Mitch

7. Doctor Chakwas - You are the doctor that was assigned to Shepards team as they seek out to stop Saren from achieving his goal. You win when Saren and his team and any third party that might be active are eliminated.

Ability - Protect one player each night from night kills.

Samlen

8. Joker - You are the pilot of the SSD Normandy. You are assigned to Shepard and his team as they search for Saren and his team. You win when Saren and his team and any third party that might be active are eliminated.

Ability - Swap positions with 2 different players. (Bus)

DoomYoshi

9. Conrad Verner - You're an idiot who idolizes Shepard.
You win when Saren's team and any third party are eliminated.
Ability - Vanilla.

Post Condition - Once a day, proclaim your love for Shepard and you wish you could be just like him. However you want to word that is up to your discretion.

Strikewolf

10. Tevos - You are the Asari council member. Your mission is to ensure Shepard succeeds in stopping Saren.
You win when Sarens team and any third party is eliminated.

Ability - Vanilla

LordVoldermort

11. Valern - You are the Salarian council member. Your mission is to ensure Shepard succeeds in stopping Saren. You win when Sarens team and any third party is eliminated.

Ability - Vanilla

Tailgunner

12. Sparatus - You are the Turian council member. Your mission is to ensure Shepard succeeds in stopping Saren. You win when Sarens team and any third party is eliminated.

Ability - Vanilla

Fircoal

Team Saren

13. Sovereign - You are a Reaper, a massive and advanced AI above organic understanding. Your mission to kill Shepards team and any third party that might be active.

Ability - Kill a player each night. You may also use one night kill that pierces protection, bypasses a roleblock and ignores bussing. (If a player is bussed, you remain on target and ignore the person that would originally take the shot). Make the shot count.

You are immune to any action that would otherwise kill or convert you.
You and the rest of Sarens team can communicate with eachother during the night phase.

IamCaffiene

14. Saren - You are a rogue Specter, still capable of using unlimited resources granted to Specters. Your mission is to help Sovereign unleash the Reapers and to kill Shepards team and eliminate any third party that might be active.

Ability - Investigate a player each night to find out their specific role.
You obtain the Night Kill if Sovereign is killed but lose your former ability.
You and the rest of Sarens team can communicate with eachother during the night phase.

Thortoth

15. Benezia - You are an Asari matriarch and mother to Liara T'Soni. Your goal is to help Saren achieve his goals and to impede Shepards progress! You win when Shepards team and any third party present is eliminated.

Ability - Role block one player each night.
You obtain the night kill when both Sovereign and Saren are killed but lose the former ability.

Skoffin

16. Geth Commander - You and your people worship Sovereign as your God and the pinnacle of Synthetic evolution. Your goal is to help your God achieve his goal and unleashing the Reaper invasion. You win when Shepards team and any third party that might be active are killed.

Ability - Hide the body of whoever is targeted by your team. The player's (character) name and role will be hidden. You may use this ability only twice.
If Saren, Sovereign and Benezia die, you obtain the night kill but lose the former ability.

Ragian

Team Thorian

17. Thorian - You are an ancient plant tired of the other species trying to disturb your slumber. Show these insigificant creatures who the real master is! You win when both Saren and Shepards team are killed.

Ability - You may enthrall one player each night (up to a maximum of 4 are allowed at any given point). If one of your thralls is killed, you may recruit another. You cannot indoctrine synthetics or the indoctrinated.
Example: You have four entralled, you may not recruit another until one dies. Recruting a synthetic will just return a result as "failed to enthrall your target".

Passive - You are immune to standard night kills, but you are not immune to investigations.
You and your Enthralled may communicate with eachother during the night phase.

Dakky

Enthralled - You are now under the thumb of the Thorian! Your objective is to help the Thorian obtain Galactic domination! You win when Shepards and Sarens team are eliminated.

Abilities - Vanilla
Passive - If the Thorian dies, all players under the Thorian will revert back to "normal" and resume their previous roles.
You and the Thorian may communicate with eachother during the night phase.

So a few things I learned...No point in setting a deadline so early on Days 1. I'm still an advocate for it, but no point in hindering everyone else's ability.

My voting mechanic didn't change dick. Lesson learned, don't change a core mechanic.

I think I made it a bit overpowered for the Thorian not to be standard night kill (Day kill or piercing would have killed it). The idea was to have everyone recognize a threat, band together and identify it, and kill it. Same thing with Sovereign. The main argument, in a thematically term, it'd make zero sense for Wrex to gun ho a massive sentient ship, by himself, whereas the plant, you can probably get away with it.

DJFireside was non-existent in terms of co-hosting. Skoffin did more than DJ. I really didn't want to drag someone else to co-host it so I just kind of sucked it up and went with whatever idea seemed great.

If there's any other criticism that people want to offer, please let me know here. First time hosting a game, enjoyed it!

Edit - I feel like I owe an explanation for Madmitch and Fircoal. When Madmitch was killed, it was a storyline kill. I pmed Skittles and gave him a choice between Kaiden or Ashley, and he chose Ashley. Fast forward and Fircoal became inactive, so I sought a replacement (regardless of role, I would have sought one). Mitch PMed me and wished to rejoin the game, and since I only had one other PM from someone (A day later after I told Mitch he can rejoin), I allowed. Normally, I wouldn't allow a player to rejoin, however, given that A. Mitch had no knowledge of any one else's role or alignment (And I prohibited him from sharing about being story killed UNLESS he was asked), and B. His previous role didn't give him anything to work off of to begin with anyways. I concluded that Mitch would not be an unfair advantage for anyone if he were to rejoin.
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Re: Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Postby madmitch on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:42 am

@ DDS , i think you got my role mixed up with Tail gunner, and Doom I told you I was not lying so get on bended knee and apologize :D
Cadet madmitch

Postby madmitch on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:44 am

one hell of a good game, well played Dakky =D> =D> =D>
Cadet madmitch

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:51 am

madmitch wrote:@ DDS , i think you got my role mixed up with Tail gunner, and Doom I told you I was not lying so get on bended knee and apologize :D

Oh shit, I did PM you the wrong role. Lol.

I'd like to add that August and the end of July has been incredibly hectic for myself.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:31 am

Go. Dakky by far mvp.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:40 am

When was everybody recruited? On the last night I switched dakky and Skittles, thinking Skittles would try to recruit dakky. What a bonehead move.I think I deserve to lose this game anyways because of leaving my vote and letting the quicklynch happen. madmitch, if you weren't cult why were on all 3 cult wagons? I'm not going to apologize for that.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:12 am

N1 I converted Skittles, N2 benga, N3 hotshot (when scum targeted him and he came dead as enthralled), N4 LoVo and N5 (this night) Minister Masket.

I find it amusing that no one suspected me the whole game. Even DDS sent me a PM on 31.08. which said "For the record, I'm utterly shocked that no one has suspected you at all."

Yeah, really good game, first one that I'm actually proud of.
Captain dakky21

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:15 am

gg. I did enjoy it and I'd do it again.
...and I really was a mafia-noob, that was NOT role-playing.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:When was everybody recruited? On the last night I switched dakky and Skittles, thinking Skittles would try to recruit dakky. What a bonehead move.I think I deserve to lose this game anyways because of leaving my vote and letting the quicklynch happen. madmitch, if you weren't cult why were on all 3 cult wagons? I'm not going to apologize for that.

As I already said

N1-Skittles - that was like a punch in a DDS face, he asked me like three times if I'm sure about Skittles and sounded like not being happy to get Shepard in a cult first night. Chose him only because he was the only to vote for me D1.
N2- benga - I believed his jailor claim so in order to enthrall other people I needed to enthrall him so he can't jail me.
N3- hotshot - I believed his tracker claim as well, he would be the only one who could see me visiting someone else, so it was a priority to get him as well. Too bad he was targeted for a kill that night, wasted enthrallment.
N4- LoVo - Tails turned out to be Valern, Mitch claimed Sparatus, and LoVo claimed Tevos. Since there were not counter claims, I believed them. Took LoVo to find what abilities Council members had.
N5- MM - with all Synthetics dead, I could have picked anyone and ensure a cult win. Didn't pick Doom because I didn't like his play whole game and didn't pick Mitch to prove Doom that Mitch was not enthralled whole game. Between Samlen and MM, I went for MM because of his good kill of Thor. Deserves to win with a cult for that one.

Anyway Doom, you obviously isn't familiar with Mitch's play style, he would lynch his brother just to get someone lynched, lol.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks to dakky for recruiting me just before I died :) Kind of weird to win with a team I never tried to help, but I'll take it lol
Major HotShot53

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives