Conquer Club

Alien: The Return - Alien wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: The Return (5/8) D2 - need replacement

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Ragian wrote:I'll keep eating crisps, then.

Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Ragian on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:24 pm

You do not get fat from eating crisps. You get fat from sitting on your arse like a muddy puppy ;)
Major Ragian

Postby benga on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:25 pm

HotShot53 for Little Witt

the day is prolonged to Friday 16th
Sergeant benga

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:34 am

Confirmed. I hadn't been following the thread, so I'll have to read it now... any tips on anything I should pay special attention to?
Major HotShot53

Postby Ragian on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:39 am

Could you start out by telling us if you're either the AQ or the recruited alien?
Major Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 am

I would say the most important post, certainly the one that made the most impact on this day phase, is this one, the day beginning text also gives important information (some of which is even relevant to the other post I linked).
Private Pikanchion

Re: Alien: The Return (5/8) D2

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:09 am

@pikanchion: is there anything about the company that makes your role specific vs the regular crew?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:19 am

Nothing substantial or explicit, my win condition is a little vaguely worded but I think it's just a fluff-text way of saying the same thing as my win condition in the previous game.
Private Pikanchion

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:20 am

So looks like we have a very short deadline... but not much to pick from. Assuming pik didn't steal a role from a recruit, he is pretty confirmed not to be the AQ, although he could have been recruited as much as anyone else. Does anyone know if the alien knows instantly what role their new recruit is? I assume they can't talk until the following night, so unless the mod tells the AQ in a PM the AQ wouldn't know... so I don't think the AQ could copy a role, so I'm assuming pik is town. After excluding myself (and everyone else excluding themselves), that gives 3 other players to pick from... and we better hit an alien on the first lynch, or else after that we're left with 4 members and 2 of them being aliens = town loses. Or do both day 2 lynches happen simultaneously? The opening rules aren't very clear on that. And with 5 members, that mean all 3 of us have to vote correctly... 1 miss-vote and aliens jump on the hammer and win.

So of the 3 suspects - Strike and Ragion seem to be working together, so I'm leaning towards them being the AQ & recruit. Pik, you said you want people to follow your choice as the most likely town, but I don't see where you've said who you are suspicious of. What are your thoughts?
Major HotShot53

Postby benga on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 am

Guys I am away anyway so I am prolonging to Monday 19th.
Sergeant benga

Postby Ragian on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:47 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm working with Strike? (I presume you mean me despite your spelling.)
Major Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:46 am

Those foreign/alien names are tough to spell. :P

HotShot, are you willing to block vote with Pika even if you disagree with his choices?
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Ragian on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:01 pm

:lol:

My name is neither foreign nor alien. It's made up, though. I presume most names are, come to think of it...

Nothing has swayed me from earlier today.

@hotshot, whom would you have picked if you were the AQ?
Major Ragian

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Ragian wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm working with Strike? (I presume you mean me despite your spelling.)

Yeah, I meant you, sorry for the typo. And I said that because Strike was suspicious of you day 1, but now he's not... so that implies one or the other of you may have recruited the other.

MudPuppy wrote:Those foreign/alien names are tough to spell. :P

HotShot, are you willing to block vote with Pika even if you disagree with his choices?

I'd have to see his reasoning... although he's highly unlikely to be the AQ, he has just as much chance as anyone else to have been recruited. So I'd give his argument more weight than anyone else, but I wouldn't follow him blindly.

Ragian wrote:
@hotshot, whom would you have picked if you were the AQ?

I don't know, I didn't read day 1 from that perspective.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 pm

It's less that I'm not suspicious of Rage and more that I am suspicious of Mudpuppy and don't think they both would be cult given that Mudpuppy seems more likely recruit given his change in behavior from day 1 to day 2 (or do you disagree with that analysis?) And as a recruit, I don't think he would be as vocally against rage if rage was cult leader. Frankly at this point, mud to me is acting borderline intentionally scummy possibly to keep attention from scumhinting for the queen (since even if we lynch recruit but fail to lynch the queen, aliens will still have majority after recruiting tonight) but that's a bit on the Wifom side of argument.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:27 am

@hotshot, what if I asked you to indulge me?
Major Ragian

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Ragian wrote:@hotshot, what if I asked you to indulge me?

Ok, I looked back, and if I had been the AQ I probably would have recruited you as the best player that wasn't getting any heat from anyone. Strike Wolf would normally be a high choice, but he was getting some heat from some people, including you.

In considering that, the fact that both you and strike were suspicious of each other yesterday but not today, and that you are two of the better players, I think it's likely one of you is the AQ and recruited the other.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:03 pm

HotShot53 wrote:

Ok, I looked back, and if I had been the AQ I probably would have recruited you as the best player that wasn't getting any heat from anyone. Strike Wolf would normally be a high choice, but he was getting some heat from some people, including you.

In considering that, the fact that both you and strike were suspicious of each other yesterday but not today, and that you are two of the better players, I think it's likely one of you is the AQ and recruited the other.

Do you disagree with my analysis on Mudpuppy behavior changing?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

Do you disagree with my analysis on Mudpuppy behavior changing?

Since your analysis ends with me being the AQ, I know it's wrong, so yes, I disagree with it. I think your and Ragian's behavior towards each other has changed more than anything else.

Looks like it's up to pika to decide which side he supports... I sure hope he picks right (and hope we aren't both wrong about him not being recruited).
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:38 pm

And to me you're dodging Mudpuppy all together which supports my end claim that,you and he are together. I wasn't asking if you agreed that you were the queen. I was asking if you disagreed that his behavior has changed and why?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:20 am

I'm wondering what would be the best play for the AQ and the new recruit. Would you instantly link yourself (like hotshot accuses Strike and me of doing and like mudpuppy and hotshot are doing, albeit slightly differently), or would you attempt to sway one townie that is already getting heat from another townie (like you could say strike is doing by going after mudpuppy)?

I've got to say that it's absolutely true that I gave strike heat D1 because when I have nothing to go on, I deal in worst case scenarios. And in this game, strike as the AQ is the worst case scenario D1. D2, more game play comes into...play... And I think mudpuppy and little witt had played the most scummily. I should also add that I definitely think that hotshot plays better. It's just weird if he doesn't consider mudpuppy.

Right, so I'm just thinking out loud here. If strike isn't the AQ, I wouldn't think he's been converted given how the first game panned out. However wifom that argument is. If strike is the AQ, I don't know whom he'd recruit. Where am I going with this?

Sigh... Deduction gets me nowhere. I still think it's mudpuppy...

Will this go anywhere? Or should we just start voting?
Major Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:55 am

Ragian wrote:Will this go anywhere? Or should we just start voting?

Definitely need to start voting... Pika, don't let this drag too close to the deadline... Make your picks.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Pikanchion on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 am

I was hoping I could come up with some sort of logical reason to vote for somebody but I've been mulling over it for days and failed to make a decision. I guess I just have to go based off of feeling...

Vote: strike wolf
Private Pikanchion

Postby Ragian on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Would you elaborate your feeling. If possible?
Major Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Vote: strike wolf

I'd encourage a quick vote on this so we can see how he flips & have time to discuss lynch #2.
Colonel MudPuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives