Conquer Club

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:29 am

The roles are written now. I will be sending them out within the hour. Mafia have daytalk and fake claims.

Here is a vanilla role example:
{picture}
You are Person McPersonface, commander of ~x~. [Some details on the life of the person] You are a Vanilla Townie. You win when all the mafia are eliminated. Your only action is to cast votes in the thread.

Token Objective: Successfully vote for a mafia in a lynch.

Please confirm here:
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=227349

The general story is that in the confusion, all the allied generals ended up in a trench together. They start blaming each other for the Allied retreat and then realize that somebody among them is a spy!

List of players:
madmitch
djelebert
Loose Canon replaced by Tails
betiko Town Doctor killed night 1
robellis00
Ragian
Pikanchion
dakky21 Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1
Bujaber Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2

Here is a reminder of the rules.
show
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Re: OM Game 1: Confirm Here

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:38 am

Confirm.
Major Ragian

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 am

Confirm firmly
Major betiko

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 am

Reporting for duty.
Private Pikanchion

Postby BuJaber on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 am

Role received
Major BuJaber

Postby djelebert on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:40 am

Confirm too
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby dakky21 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 am

Confirm
Captain dakky21

Postby robellis00 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 am

Confirm!
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby madmitch on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am

confirm
Cadet madmitch

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:43 am

Only Loose Canon has yet to confirm. I think we can go ahead and start. One final note to help town: this game was created using the 2d3 system.

Prologue

March 21, 1918 St. Quentin

We knew the Germans were planning on something. For two months we saw them massing across the trenches. There were a few deserters also who told us things that left no doubt - they were coming. We only lacked the exact date and time they were going to attack. At 04:35 on March 21 it began.

Winston Churchill wrote:And then, exactly as a pianist runs his hands across the keyboard from treble to bass, there rose in less than one minute the most tremendous cannonade I shall ever hear...It swept round us in a wide curve of red leaping flame stretching to the north far along the front of the Third Army, as well as of the Fifth Army on the south, and quite unending in either direction...the enormous explosions of the shells upon our trenches seemed almost to touch each other, with hardly an interval in space or time...The weight and intensity of the bombardment surpassed anything which anyone had ever known before.

The tear gas, mustard gas and chlorine gas started filling the trenches, combining with smoke and dust from the explosions. 3.5 million shells had been launched in just a few hours. The telephones didn't work - the lines had been cut! As we attempted to retreat we realized that the Germans were already behind us. The day was just getting started, but already we had a massacre. Those who didn't run out of ammo ended up burned by the flamethrowers. As the fog cleared, the planes roared into action above us. Some squads fought on the bitter end, awaiting reinforcements that never came - the orders had already been given to fall back.

In 24 hours, almost 80 000 men lost their lives.

In some bizarre twist of fate, several of us generals met in one trench. "The Germans won't find us here". We camped together for the night and when we awoke, somebody had been stabbed in their sleep!

March 22, 1918

We kept falling back, not knowing what was to either direction. We could here fighting in every direction but we weren't sure if the trench we were in was friendly or not. Once again it was a foggy, chaotic day. As we stopped for lunch we figured it was time to figure out who had carried out the late night stabbing. It was truly a cowardly act, probably some personal grudge from years ago.

Day One Begin
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Re: OM Game 1: Day 1

Postby dakky21 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm

vote madmitch because ... madmitch.
Captain dakky21

Postby robellis00 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:44 pm

you're just sayin' that because he is listed first on the "List of players" at the top of the page! i hope you're not suggesting we just go in order! Ha ha ha.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:One final note to help town: this game was created using the 2d3 system.

This 2d3 I assume?

---

Vote: robellis00 for blatently scummy overcautiousness in not voting.
Private Pikanchion

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Pikanchion wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:One final note to help town: this game was created using the 2d3 system.

This 2d3 I assume?

Yes.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby madmitch on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 pm

the knife ? was it a bayonet ? and if yes what style ? Leave it to the british who just had a major set back to sit around for tea and biscuits :D :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby Loose Canon on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 pm

it's all your fault
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Lieutenant Loose Canon

Postby dakky21 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm waiting for the post of BuJaber which i think is the most scummy here due to the confirm message. He and Pika didn't confirm but "reported for duty" and "role received" stand out.... of the all of confirmations.
Captain dakky21

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Seeing as this is a newbie game I feel I should make some observations about the setup of this game.

• If we have a Tracker: there are only 2-3 actions being performed besides your own each night, and you effectively have a Cop/Jailkeeper/Doctor partner, if your partner isn't dead and the person you tracked visited a player who didn't die that night then there's a reasonable chance that you tracked your partner. Therefore, especially early on, if the above happens it's usually best to track the same person again the following night and not make any acknowledgement of what you saw in the thread as to make such an acknowledgement results in a roughly 50/50 chance of town losing both its power roles before the next in-game day. If you track the same person a second night and they A: do not visit anybody (as this can only be a Mafia Goon supposing nobody was foolish enough to not submit their night action), or B: visit somebody who dies that night however, you can be reasonably confidant you have indeed found scum. Likewise if you ever track somebody who visits two targets in one night, that player is definitely the Mafia Rolecop.
  • If we have a Jailkeeper: you will only have a Doctor partner in 1/3rd of cases, so should you jail somebody and there is no mafia kill that night it will usually be best to report this immediately. If there are two scum still alive and you were successfully blocking scum one night, the next night it is nearly guaranteed that the other Mafia player will submit their team's kill instead, so jailing the same person on consecutive nights is likely not useful. If only one scum remains and there is no kill then it may still be advisable to alert the town immediately; if there is a possibility that this lone scum is the Mafia Roleblocker (i.e. the following conditions are met: a Tracker has not been killed and a Mafia power role has not been killed) then they could block and kill you even if you continue to target them the following night as their action takes precedent over yours.
  • If we have a Neapolitan: you have a Cop or Doctor as a partner, be cautious in proclaiming somebody you found is not vanilla, at least while your partner is alive anyway. Should you find two different non-vanilla players then it is usually best to report your findings to town at this point as at least one of them will be scum.
  • Cops & Doctors should play as normal.
  • The mafia have daytalk, be wary of this.
Everybody should be mindful of the above points when casting their votes.

Unvote: robellis00
Vote: dakky21
what are you insinuating!?
Private Pikanchion

Postby BuJaber on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:00 am

Yeah vote: dakky for obviously reading too much into things.
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:06 am

FOS both Pika and BuJ for pretending not to know that dakky ALWAYS reads stuff into the confirmation process - I'm just weirded out that he didn't comment on Robellis's exclamation mark.

Vote Loose Cannon for being vague about blaming one person or the lot of us.
Major Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:51 am

Sorry if this is a little nitpicky yoshi but could you please change the thread titles of the games to match the titles of the role PMs? Or something similar so that it is more obvious.

I mean if you don't want to that's okay I'll manage :P
Major BuJaber

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 1

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:21 am

Changed.

Vote Count
madmitch (1) - dakky
dakky (2) - Pikanchion, BuJaber
Loose Canon (1) - Ragian
Major DoomYoshi

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

Dakky made a good point ,who were you reporting to ? according to what I read all the soldiers are dead except the Generals and they would not lower themselves to report to anyone, so maybe you two are the enemy disguised as generals :-k :-k
Cadet madmitch

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 am

So you're saying you aren't in command of any soldiers (at least on this side of the front...)?
Private Pikanchion

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:22 am

funny to see that there is not a single player i've played with in this game... except for doom but that doesn't really count.

So yeah, 7 town and 2 mafia, no third parties from what I can see.

just to calculate our margin of error in a worse case scenario as I'm not used to small games such as this one:
day1: town lynch, town NK -> day2 at 2 mafia vs 5 town -> day 3 at 2 mafia vs 3 town

ok so basically just by screwing up two consecutive lynches and with mafia being successfull 2 nights in a row; we'd run out of screw up options. Something to take into consideration.
Major betiko

Next

Return to Mafia Archives