Conquer Club

I must be crazy mafia (4/7) End Game: Mad World

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: I must be crazy mafia (6/7) Night 2: Tears in the Rain

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 am

ok, thats 2 of the good guys dead

I've spent time reading other mafias to get some idea because I cant work this one out

BUT

If I will go back to night 1
Lil claimed to have a switch role.. and said I might be confused because roles swap and i had it for night 2, NO, I had it night 1, so that means either 2 switch roles (with only 7 participants?) or LiL or me is lying.
I am also a little suspicious of ragi who has been defending lil from the start, they look to be teamed together.

VOTE: LiL_Whitebone
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Re: I must be crazy mafia (5/7) Day 3: Tears in the Rain

Postby Ragian on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 am

I roleblocked Lil N1, so I'm counting him as town. I would like to hear, however, what you guys' exact roles N1 were.
Major Ragian

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:11 am

TeeGee, are you saying you had the same starting role as me? or are you confusing it with what you got the next day? I'm not lieng. It's a bit bold
to do that in a first game, when not knowing what's going on. And me and you are the inexperienced players. H

This is my N1 role.

Starting role: mini-driver: Each night you may select one player and that player will be switched with you, so that all actions aimed at you will hit him and vice versa.

I chose bujaber N1

Does this look familiar? What did your say?

N2 Role-Roleblocker-You may select one person at night to block their actions.

I chose Metsmaxfan N2

Ragian can confirm what my N2 Role would say, since he said he had it N1

Possibly 2 switch roles, again unlikely. 2 switch roles, 2 save roles?

1 negative vote,

Doctor dead - TFO Said he was paramedic. Why didn't mafia kill the paramedic?

Why did mafia kill Bujaber? Buj led the vote on TFO? He suspected TFO?
New Recruit LiL_Whitebone

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 am

I was going to vote TFO today if he was still alive. surely mafia would kill the paramedic as he claimed it. Why claim that? It's a target on your back. or am i reading that role wrong? buttt.

I'm baffled at the double up of switch roles N1, and you are saying this now. It looks a bit messy.

did bujaber switch himself with the target? who can confirm if they have a switch role for tonight. not me.

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:26 am

Vote TeeGee

Postby Ragian on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am

Be careful with quoting PMs. Mods may kill you for that.

I want to hear everyone's actions. I burned down lil's house yesterday. That was good fun (and, apparently, a way of protecting him).
Major Ragian

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 am

I still like TFO for scum. Normally I'd say it's a bit obvious to be killing one of the people who voted for you yesterday, but it's not like there's a lot of people in this game to begin with.

I had the house burning down role on N1, and I burned my own house down, since I had no idea who to trust at that time. As Ragian says, that meant I was protected that night.

Don't fully understand the TeeGee/LiL issue yet, need to think about that more.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:52 am

oops. sorry if i broke the rules regarding quotes. I was debating what the rules meant, and interpreted that it meant, as long as you don't add the mods name and stuff. When you posted this.

Ragian wrote:I roleblocked Lil N1, so I'm counting him as town. I would like to hear, however, what you guys' exact roles N1 were.

I assumed i interpreted it right, otherwise, how else did you want to know what our exact N1 roles were?

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:11 am

Metsfanmax wrote:I still like TFO for scum. Normally I'd say it's a bit obvious to be killing one of the people who voted for you yesterday, but it's not like there's a lot of people in this game to begin with.

I had the house burning down role on N1, and I burned my own house down, since I had no idea who to trust at that time. As Ragian says, that meant I was protected that night.

If someone can confirm that they have a switch role today, as we know, one of them is dead, then it explains that there were two switch roles. It would clear up things between me and TeeGee. At the moment the confusion is helping mafia, if we both are town, and we really need to get this next lynch right. We can't even afford not to lynch if there are two mafia, as numbers will be against us tomorrow.

Scenarios'

if there are two mafia

no lynch today & mafia kills town tonight = mafia win (2v2) *for TeeGee - mafia wins because the day is a stalemate, and at night mafia can kill

lynch town today = mafia win

lynch mafia today = 2v1 - last chance for two remaining town to figure it out the following day.

if there is one mafia

no lynch today & mafia kills town tonight = 4v1 and mafia makes it 3v1

lynch town today = 3v1 - only one last chance for two remaining town to figure it out the following day. 2v1

lynch mafia today = game over.

Postby Ragian on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:54 am

Metsfanmax wrote:I still like TFO for scum. Normally I'd say it's a bit obvious to be killing one of the people who voted for you yesterday, but it's not like there's a lot of people in this game to begin with.

Mets, what did you do last night?
Major Ragian

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:05 am

Ragian wrote:

Mets, what did you do last night?

I had the redirect ability, and I used it to make TFO's actions target himself.

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:08 am

BTW: I do think TFO is scum despite the fact that there was a death last night, because I think there must be two scum in a 7 person game; 6-1 is too unfair. I am not sure who out of TeeGee, Ragian, and LiL is the scum partner.

Postby Ragian on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

If there are two scum, obviously I can't say that Lil isn't scum, since his scummate could've carried out the kill when I blocked him.
Major Ragian

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:21 am

I could be wrong I guess and there's only one scum, and TFO is town. I've made bad reads before. But it's probably best, even while hoping for the best, to plan for the worst. I would assume one scum and one third party vig would be better balanced than two scum, but from town's perspective, it doesn't really matter, we still need to find them.

We need to hear what TeeGee was up to last night. I think I understand the apparent disagreement between LiL and TeeGee now though. I think that TeeGee had the redirect role on N1, which is what I had on N2. LiL had the minidriver role which is what Buj flipped with. The difference between the two (based on LiL's characterization of the latter) is that redirect takes actions done by Player X and switches them to Player Y, while the minidriver takes actions done to Player X and switches them to Player Y.

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 am

ok. so mets had the redirect ability last night.
TeeGee, does what met's role last night sound like the role you had n1?
or are you still saying you were the mini-driver?

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:41 am

OK, this is way too confusing for me
But yes, night 1 I had the redirect role, that clears that bit up

last night I had no role, but it took an extra vote lo lynch me during the day (day 2 I am guessing)

so I need to unvote, sorry Lil, that had me scrtching my head and probably everyone else too.. i thought this would be easy

unvote LiL
Field Marshal TeeGee

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:09 am

cool. Getting somewhere

unvote TeeGee

Here are all the roles

switch N1 = LWB , N2 = Bujaber
doctor save N1 = dakky

burn house N1 = Mets, N2 = Ragian
redirect N1 = TeeGee , N2 = Mets
paramedic save N1 = Bujaber, N2 = TFO
roleblock N1 = Ragian , N2 = LWB
negative vote (Day action) D1 = TFO, D2 = TeeGee,

----

We have to make a kill today.

Vote TFO

reason. unvoting dakky after dakky said to look at anyone that voted for him if he dies.
bujaber died instead of TFO (Paramedic). weird choice for mafia not to kill a save claim, unless the paramedic is mafia.

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 am

Deadline is Thursday.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 am

We're not making any progress in terms of our roles each night.

I have nothing telling me mets, TFO, teegee aren't scum.
I have one piece of evidence telling me that lil didn't kill N1. That doesn't mean he's not scum if there are more than one.

We haven't lynched, so we can't make any sense of voting patterns apart from loads of people wanting to off TFO the other day.

Could everyone state what they did both nights?

Ragian: N1 - roleblocked lil; N2 - protected lil.
TeeGee: N1 - ; N2 -
lil: N1 - ; N2 -
mets: N1 - ; N2 -
TFO: N1 - ; N2 -

If there are two scum left, we need to get all the information on the table we can.
Major Ragian

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:30 pm

LiL_Whitebone wrote:cool. Getting somewhere

unvote TeeGee

Here are all the roles

switch N1 = LWB , N2 = Bujaber
doctor save N1 = dakky

burn house N1 = Mets, N2 = Ragian
redirect N1 = TeeGee , N2 = Mets
paramedic save N1 = Bujaber, N2 = TFO
roleblock N1 = Ragian , N2 = LWB
negative vote (Day action) D1 = TFO, D2 = TeeGee,

----

We have to make a kill today.

Vote TFO

reason. unvoting dakky after dakky said to look at anyone that voted for him if he dies.
bujaber died instead of TFO (Paramedic). weird choice for mafia not to kill a save claim, unless the paramedic is mafia.

Or that's a smart play by Mafia. Kill someone else, make town think I'm Mafia because "I didn't die". Food for thought. Also with Buj saying you're clear, why wouldn't they kill you either?

My Paramedic save went onto Ragian. I'm wasn't going to willingly be on anyone voting me. Why would I? I wasn't going to be on TeeGee, as it's near impossible to read him. He seems confused more than anything.

Night 1 I had no action, as I needed an extra vote to lynch me. Night 2 was my paramedic. Day 3 I'm back to my original role. So I will need 4 people to vote me to lynch me. So everyone but me.

Lil - If you were Roleblocker n2 and didn't believe me to be Paramedic, why on earth would you not Block me? You were the one pushing me hardest D2 over anyone else. If I'm mafia, then you block my action. If I'm paramedic, I would die regardless if mafia picked me because I can't be on myself. Yet you go and Roleblock someone that was ALSO voting me.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Ragian wrote:Could everyone state what they did both nights?

N1: burned my own house down (no one can visit me)
N2: redirected TFO's actions onto himself

TheForgivenOne wrote:Also with Buj saying you're clear, why wouldn't they kill you either?

In this game, if you are scum, it is probably more important to kill people based on their current roles than it is to kill based on who is in the town circle. So I do not think we can necessarily read much into LiL being still alive.

TFO wrote:Or that's a smart play by Mafia. Kill someone else, make town think I'm Mafia because "I didn't die".

I disagree with both of you actually; I don't think Paramedic is a particularly helpful town role. If I were scum that role would not be on top of my list to get rid of, because the person ends up dying anyway.

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:27 pm

@TFO - although you got my vote Day 2, that doesn't mean i necessarily know you are mafia. i'm not going to roleblock a paramedic role. It's the only way to save us from dieing at night, INCASE you are town. Roleblocking a paramedic save if i thought you were mafia, wouldn't make sense. You'd save your partner anyway, who couldn't be killed anyway. I don't understand why dakky said he was the doctor N1, and why would you say you are the paramedic N2? those are really bad plays. We know N1 doc claim is a bumble, but I sure don't get why you repeated it. You don't sound inexperienced.
It gets fishy. You either knew you couldn't get killed because you were mafia, and because you had votes on you, you had to make yourself valuable by stating your role. bit of pressure perhaps?
The day went to a no vote and you survived. If you aren't mafia, then we will see in the morning, because you should be dead.
My roleblock was a decision between Mets and Buj, who voted for you, because that doubt 'if' you weren't mafia, one of them who also voted for you "might" be mafia and I could possibly prevent it.
But nope, you are still alive. and if you are still alive, then that's where my vote goes.
I can't read anyone else as scummy, maybe it's just you and you have a pick of first role to balance things.
Negative votes twice, and a paramedic save sounds too convenient.

I believe you do have the negative vote thing, I believe you are mafia, probably sole mafia and it requires everyone to vote for you this turn. looks bleak.

Postby Ragian on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:09 am

So, the guys we brought to claiming territory shouldn't claim? Is that what you're saying?
Major Ragian

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:05 am

if you have an inspection type role (none this game), doctor role, you should only claim if you feel you can live, and be useful otherwise,
your the target. example, N1. There's a possibility that TFO is town, and mafia didn't want to be predictable and killed bujaber instead of the paramedic (TFO).
I don't get why mets thinks the paramedic role isn't a mafia priority. sure they eventually die, but it buys a day of voting in this small count.

looks like a lost game at this point. no vote, is a loss. todays paramedic might save us to get back to this point tomorrow, otherwise, it's game over for sure if there are two mafia.

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:12 am

I'll be honest.. This is all to hard for me. I have no opinion

All I have worked out is if we don't kill a mafia today, then mafia win

Lil has put out a leading vote on TFO.. If I do that to and TFO isn't mafia then game is also lost and mafia will win.

bugger it, this is probably a bad move but none of you lot who have experience are doing anything

VOTE TFO
Field Marshal TeeGee

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives