Conquer Club

INTO THE DEEP (COMPLETE - Mafia Win !!)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: INTO THE DEEP (Day 7)

Postby Skoffin on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:49 am

Uhhh you're dead mate
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ragian on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:30 am

Oh, right. Well played, scum. If BuJ had indeed visited me, he would have been poisoned.
Major Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:30 pm

BuJaber wrote:So I investigated blacky and he is town.
Major BuJaber

Re: INTO THE DEEP (COMPLETE - Mafia Win !!)

Postby Razorvich on Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:45 am

GAME OVER !!

First of all I would like to thank Tokle for his invaluable input with creation and execution of this event.
Without his behind the scenes advice and guidance this event would not have never taken place.
He may think he did not do much, but it was when he stepped in and voiced up privately, I learnt heaps.
Thank you Tokle for your guidance
For that I can award Tolke 600 Credtis (Average earned from all participants... Rounded up) + Image (General Contribution Medal)

------------------------------------------------------

I had a few goals...
Mafia Forum was up for merger due to inactivity, seeing how crazy my newly merged Clan were... PUBLIC GAME GO !!
So what could be better than someone hosting a game that can make it "OFFICIAL" (Abuse of authoritah right there)
The other was to continue my classic
MIND f*ck with Site Events

I really hope things continue, an I DO intend to host another in a few months after the current Site Event Schedule is cleared.
(It is obvious that I am a better administrator than player)... already got another crazy idea BTW :ugeek:

ABOUT THE GAME:
  • Everything was designed around confusion and getting people to talk to each other.
  • Roles were developed to twist Mafia and Town into doing things for each other to achieve their end goal.
  • Roles were developed to give you "options" that could turn the game at any night
  • Mod instructions and interaction were deliberately ambiguous
  • This game could have played out many ways, NOTE that the credits didn't start kicking in till Day 3.
  • This is because if things went pair-shaped... and everyone targeted Ragian... the losses by night 2 would have been huge.
  • The "SHADOWS" were fishing boats... offering your favorite food
  • The "Light in the deep"... was Blakky

MAFIA:
  • The only way they could kill was from delayed poisoning, giving Town a turn to save the poisoned prey.
  • The ONLY way the Godfather could kill was to successfully going for their food (Done WAY late in the game)
  • Mafia played a sucky game... lets be honest here. It was Towns to win.
  • Night after night they screwed up their night actions, which only added to the confusion.
  • When things were said.. that they SHOULD have capitlaised on.. but they missed it
  • f*ck knows how you won... obviously Town played worse LOL

TOWN
  • Town started with investigators equipped to search out each part of everyones Role
  • Town started with an Offensive attack and a Defensive attack
  • Town started with 2 healers and a passive healer.
  • Yes there were only 3 mafia. and they screwed with you royally.
  • You guys were onto them early but then got distracted BIGTIME !!
  • Your night actions could have been better if you have had chosen different targets (Mr Highlight talking there)
  • You were given investigators to discover the three core actions of players, just needed to put them together
  • As there were many chances of poison, so were there many healers

Well anyway, I have met and got to know a lot of new people, ty, and hope that you all join my next one

Enjoy the read

MAFIA CHAT
DEAD CHAT

show: the draw
show: Roles
show: mafia
show: town

show: night action summary
show: night action mod messages

THE BOOTY

Image - Skoffin
Image - blacky365

Image+1200 Credits for MVP, (I wish I could Vote)...
Please nominate at your leisure,
BOLD RED you have until CC Time: 2019-06-07 04:59:59

Prizes will be paid out this weekend

High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Sergeant 1st Class Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Sirius Kase on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:35 am

Congratulations Mafia, I'm going to try to find time to read this. I'm curious to find out what happened to me.
[img]https://s24.postimg.org/6rwmdezkl/signature-_IWWYL8_P7.png[/img]
Sergeant 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby aage on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 am

ā€œThe only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.ā€

gib credits to skoff for carrying this game against all odds.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Sirius Kase on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:51 am

And thanks to everyone else who contributed to this experience.
[img]https://s24.postimg.org/6rwmdezkl/signature-_IWWYL8_P7.png[/img]
Sergeant 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby blacky365 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:56 am

GG to all involved...
And thank you to Razor and Tokle for organizing.

I nominate SKOFFIN for MVP.
Her mindfucks even had me scratching my head!
Private 1st Class blacky365

Postby jfm10 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:38 am

vote skoffin
only scum pick i was right about
thanks for the game everyone
Cook jfm10

Postby dakky21 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 am

If only town let me a little longer to live, they couldn't kill me at night, I should have been the lever in the endgame.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am

Wellp, told you...

Vote Blacky for at least putting up a fight and being the deciding vote.
Major Ragian

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:23 am

Sorry! Thanks for hosting the game, Razor and (to whatever extent needed) Tokle. In general, I liked the game despite some mindfucks and unfortunate events. Well done!
Major Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:30 am

Good game.

Sorry Ragian. I made sure of my sanity several times, confirming and reconfirming stuff given how things went.

We knew one scum was poisoner, and you were another poisoner. When the night action cleared blacky I had to trust it. I had no choice I just found 1 scum proving my results were trustworthy.

If that didn't happen yes, blacky was scummy and said things that didn't match at all with my experiences with poisoning. But this game had too many weird things, that it was just impossible to knoe who was lying and who wasn't.

Take you fot example obvioisly you weren't lying about the food stuff and I pointed that out several times but pretty much everyone else thought you were lying about that.

I was super extra careful about trusting my results and I still got bitten in the ass.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:32 am

Also mafia already had one godfather.. the hypnotizer is overkill. That's two people that if targetted by investigations would screw up the result.
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 am

@BuJ, didn't you get a guilty result on me? I'm not sure I understand your investigations...
Major Ragian

Postby blacky365 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 am

I didnt get why Buj investigation of me showed me as town... but i wasnt gonna complain!

To clarify something... I had nothing to do with the poisonings!

Postby BuJaber on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:05 am

Ragian wrote:@BuJ, didn't you get a guilty result on me? I'm not sure I understand your investigations...

I targetted blacky. I received "no scum here" or whatever the wording is. Basically the same thing I got for TX.

With Sirius I found "scum". So to me blacky and sirius could not be the same mafia. At worst blacky would be 3rd party.

Anywya turns out blacky had a roel ability that gives me a false result when he targets me.. that's just unavoidable.

If you look back I wanted very much to lynch him way earlier... scummy is scummy.

It's just given a choice I'm going to trust the mod PM more than I trust my own read.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:08 am

blacky365 wrote:I didnt get why Buj investigation of me showed me as town... but i wasnt gonna complain!

It says it in your role pm and the night action summary.

Your target completes their action successfully, but receive misleading results.

I don't know how it would affect the redirectors or the healers.. maybe they will think it succeeded but it actually would fail.
Major BuJaber

Postby blacky365 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 am

BuJaber wrote:
blacky365 wrote:I didnt get why Buj investigation of me showed me as town... but i wasnt gonna complain!

It says it in your role pm and the night action summary.

Your target completes their action successfully, but receive misleading results.

I don't know how it would affect the redirectors or the healers.. maybe they will think it succeeded but it actually would fail.

I didnt think my role pm specifically said I will appear as town... it just said that those i hypnotise would think their actions were successful in a confused way.
And with that in mind, how did rage get a result when he investigated me and chap?

Postby Skoffin on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 am

BuJaber wrote:Also mafia already had one godfather.. the hypnotizer is overkill. That's two people that if targetted by investigations would screw up the result.

That's not how he worked. The hypnotiser chose you as his target, that is why your result was wrong.

There were many things wrong with the game that makes it hard to know where to start.

1. The removal of mafia's typical night kill. It was replaced with two "delayed kills" that would require two successful nights in a row to achieve - one of which only worked on certain species making it redundant. Even if we did get a poison off.. well town had THREE healers to fix that. The game would have been instantly improved if both delays were removed and the typical mafia kill restored.

2. The hidden "mod notes" on roles. You do not conceal role info like that from players, and I'm really not sure why it was The game would have been very different if people knew the info that had been hidden from them.

3. Where did chap gets his "scum" result from? Tobi was town, the other players were town and I was a godfather. Chap should have had an all town result surely?

4. "All will think that their night actions were effective, but will not know who the results were coming from as they were messed up by you." does not match up with both Buj and ragoo claiming they knew who they had results on

5. Town was far too OP compared to what mafia had.
- Scum had 3 mafia when we should have had 4. Tobi's role does not make up for this.
- Town had three healers (two could SELF-HEAL, when 1 self-healing doctor is already so OP most games won't do it), 3 people to funk up night actions, dakky who would be untargetable, ragoo who was untargetable due to he could kill us, too many investigations that included multiple targets which could narrow down suspects etc
- scums best 'power' was the fact we had day talk

All in all I still had fun in the end, but I think the game had issues that could have been fixed.

I will say this however; mostly the town lost because the town stopped actual scumhunting. If town had scumhunted like they would in any other game they would have easily tripped up Serius, blacky and myself at some point. But by focusing so much on the 'background' role/theme stuff they let themselves get confused and distracted, and basically allowed me to bullshit about anything I wanted.
Dakky, tobi, and jfm probably did the most damage to town

Anyway, I'd like to commend both Serius and Blacky for how well they did. For both newer players they still put more effort and far outlasted what one might expect for newbies, especially in a game as challenging as this one. Particularly blacky for being so willing to listen to my bizarre ideas, and being able to stand his own ground.

Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby BuJaber on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:19 am

Sorry forgot to vote

Skoffin for MVP
Major BuJaber

Postby dakky21 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:22 am

Skoffin wrote:]5. Town was far too OP compared to what mafia had.
- Town had three healers (two could SELF-HEAL, when 1 self-healing doctor is already so OP most games won't do it), 3 people to funk up night actions, dakky who would be untargetable, ragoo who was untargetable due to he could kill us, too many investigations that included multiple targets which could narrow down suspects etc

If only the rest of the town realized this that 4 townies could have self-heal or be untargetable, town could win just by lynching anyone else out of these 4.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:23 am

Having played with him a fair few times, I completely agree with you, skoff. Blacky's best game so far.
Major Ragian

Postby pershy on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:57 am

Well played mafia and well done mods! =D>
Lieutenant pershy

Postby Tobikera on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:14 am

Vote SKOFFIN

He was the only scum I guessed correctly. Way off base with Pika. Responded there by the way he plays the game in principle. Beginning of D2 it was apparent to me that scum would win, or at least I had that feeling, whether it was supported by logic or not. Given that I could win with scum, if they night killed me, I hopelessly tried to achieve that. Apologies for any abrasiveness in the process. Never have played in a game before with so many duplicate roles...when this first became declared, I figured someone was lying. Bottom line, this game broadened my concept of Mafia, perhaps to the point of no return.
Captain Tobikera

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives