Conquer Club

INTO THE DEEP (COMPLETE - Mafia Win !!)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: INTO THE DEEP (COMPLETE - Mafia Win !!)

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Skoffin is a lady girl, my Panama friend ;)
Major Ragian

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:29 pm

Very tough going for this Rookie.

Thanks for putting this together Razor!!!

My scum reads were all based on intuition and were pretty accurate. I just wished I had more experience putting the pieces together to help others. I guess not having an investigative role hurt also. I only had chat messages to go on.

SW, you through me off when you voted Sirius with the wrong color. I thought it was a ploy on your part to look like you were participating in the lynch w/o actually participating. And when skoffin hammered Sirius, I thought for sure Skoffin was 3rd party and had decided to win with town. Otherwise, I would have protected you that night. I knew they knew I was going to protect myself and you were going to protect BuJ, so I figured I would protect you instead. However, that maroon color vote kept me from following through.

Final night, I had to choose between protecting BuJ or myself and guessed wrong. I'm still not sure why we had to enter the final night. Wasn't it already over after the Ragian lynch?

Notice I didn't jump on the Ragian lynch. Something smelled too fishy there, but since BuJ started it and scum hammered, it didn't matter.

I only participated in 1 lynch (Sirius). I don't know if this makes me insightful or indecisive. Either way, I learned a ton and can't wait for my next go.

Thanks Y'all!
Private TX AG 90

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:35 pm

BTW, If Chap doesn't fall off the face of the Earth, this is probably a town win. Has anybody heard from him? I hope he's ok.
Private TX AG 90

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm

I just got too lost in the weird set up and all the action switches. It was difficult to tell who actually visited who let alone who might not be telling the truth about their role. In hindsight, Skiff probably should have been the obvious lynch choice for the next day considering her behavior leading up to Sirius lynch. And yeah I didn't really notice I picked burgundy. :p
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm

in other words, I should have just ignored role claims and gone for who had been scummy. On the other hand, if I had stuck with that on Blacky about the poisoning...

Just think how different this game would have been if I had saved Mets and let Blacky die.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Tobikera on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Ragian wrote:Skoffin is a lady girl, my Panama friend ;)

OOPS! Sorry about that...CRS Disease....forgot.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Captain Tobikera

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:08 pm

From what I can see, there seems to be severall mistakes with the night actions, some that could have changed the game big time (BuJ being redirected N2 even if I redirected tobi, and tobi's target being shifted to SW on N2 even though my PM states he was redirected to TX, aage successfully using pershy's ability on BuJ even if he was hypnotized, mets being poisoned by Ragian even if the mod notes say it shouldn't happen, and chap getting a scum result between tobi, rage, skoff and strike), but overall it was an interesting game. Kinda sucks that I tried to read back the whole thread on the day chap went missing (D4 I think), didn't manage to get the time to post stuff about it and then got killed during the night (not sure that it would have helped but it was frustrating) :roll:

skoff the description for your feeding frenzy states it randomizes the actions not that players wouldn't know who their actions landed on (unless you got additionnal info from the mod)

Vote Skoffin
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby Skoffin on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Beast - "All will think that their night actions were effective, but will not know who the results were coming from as they were messed up by you." gave me the impression that people would not know exactly who they ended up landing on.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm

Skoffin wrote: Beast - "All will think that their night actions were effective, but will not know who the results were coming from as they were messed up by you." gave me the impression that people would not know exactly who they ended up landing on.

And I'm saying that's not what your role pm says.

Night Action:
Can start a "Feeding frenzy" for 1 night only
*Randomizes ALL night NON kill actions (Scum included)
*Blocks any night kill actions (Scum included)
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby Skoffin on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 pm

Yes and when I went to confirm with the mod I was given differing info. Should I not be able to trust I am getting the correct info when asking for clarification?
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Skoffin on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm

How would the crab's bonus ability have played out? Can resurrect themselves or another player? How would that be feasible when we had a Dead Chat?
If strike and tx self-protected all game and dakky commuted, along with ragoo.. they would have been untouchable lol
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 pm

ZaBeast wrote:(unless you got additionnal info from the mod)
That's what this part was for

Also with blacky hypnotizing people strike and TX self targetting till the end of the game wouldn't work as their healing action would fail
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:10 pm

ZaBeast wrote:From what I can see, there seems to be severall mistakes with the night actions, some that could have changed the game big time (BuJ being redirected N2 even if I redirected tobi, and tobi's target being shifted to SW on N2 even though my PM states he was redirected to TX, aage successfully using pershy's ability on BuJ even if he was hypnotized, mets being poisoned by Ragian even if the mod notes say it shouldn't happen, and chap getting a scum result between tobi, rage, skoff and strike), but overall it was an interesting game. Kinda sucks that I tried to read back the whole thread on the day chap went missing (D4 I think), didn't manage to get the time to post stuff about it and then got killed during the night (not sure that it would have helped but it was frustrating) :roll:

skoff the description for your feeding frenzy states it randomizes the actions not that players wouldn't know who their actions landed on (unless you got additionnal info from the mod)

Vote Skoffin

If Skoff was scum, why was chap's result wrong?
Private TX AG 90

Re: INTO THE DEEP (Day 6)

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:
Skoffin wrote: i already said earlier that I appear as town on reports due to the nature of my role. So yeah ragoo/strike must have 1 scum unless they think tobi was it, a question of mine you all ignored earlier

90% confident on ragoo
But if he is not scum then i think blacky is. Serius poses no real threat to me either way whereas the other two do

YOU said you would appear as town - doesn't make it true.

Good lie skoff - I never believed it. However, I did believe your 3rd party lie.
Private TX AG 90

Re: INTO THE DEEP (Day 6)

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:14 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:
TX AG 90 wrote:
Skoffin wrote: i already said earlier that I appear as town on reports due to the nature of my role. So yeah ragoo/strike must have 1 scum unless they think tobi was it, a question of mine you all ignored earlier

90% confident on ragoo
But if he is not scum then i think blacky is. Serius poses no real threat to me either way whereas the other two do

YOU said you would appear as town - doesn't make it true.

Good lie skoff - I never believed it. However, I did believe your 3rd party lie.

That's why I believed Ragian was town and was surprised when BuJ voted so quickly. Good on you and blacky for hammering before I could talk him out of it.
Private TX AG 90

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 pm

Godfather is a scum role that appears as town upon investigation
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby TX AG 90 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:31 am

ZaBeast wrote:Godfather is a scum role that appears as town upon investigation

Maybe in most games, but it did not say that specifically in Skoff's role PM and we know razor has gone off script from a traditional role-ability standpoint.
Private TX AG 90

Postby Ragian on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 pm

No reason to call it Godfather, then.
Major Ragian

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:26 pm

I never figured out why TX AG 90 was called a priest. That's why I targeted him for my final analysis. Several people had misleading titles. But, Skoffin knew she investigated as town.
[img]https://s24.postimg.org/6rwmdezkl/signature-_IWWYL8_P7.png[/img]
Sergeant 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Double post. See below
Last edited by ZaBeast on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:26 pm

ZaBeast wrote:
Ragian wrote:No reason to call it Godfather, then.

Agreed, as it can mess up the game fairly easily. 2 examples below.
Case 1 - you decide the best way forward is to draw investigations towards you as you know you'd appear as town - if you actually appear as scum you're screwed
Case 2 - scumbuddy defends you saying he's an investigator and got a town result on you (which would be consistent with the flip). You get lynched anyways. At the end of the game town learns investigators should have had a scum result on him.

Bottom line: vague/weird role names are fine; fundamentally changing the mechanics of a known role isn't.
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby TX AG 90 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Sirius Kase wrote:I never figured out why TX AG 90 was called a priest. That's why I targeted him for my final analysis. Several people had misleading titles. But, Skoffin knew she investigated as town.

How did she know, it wasn't in her Bio?
Private TX AG 90

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Excellent question. The first thing I did was look up the roles of my teammates. That was before I realized how fucked up the game was, so I just always knew and never thought to rethink.
[img]https://s24.postimg.org/6rwmdezkl/signature-_IWWYL8_P7.png[/img]

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 pm

"If you tell truth you don’t have to remember anything" (as a rule of thumb, lying takes more brainpower than telling the truth).

Ain't that the truth. I never realized writing believable fiction could be so hard! And time consuming, too. I finally let my character dump a load then crawl under the bus for a nap while I dealt with more pressing things. I'd hoped to return, but someone persuaded Skoffin to put the hammer down. Was interesting how much debate went into that. She had no choice in the matter. Now, I don't know if anything in that load contributed to the win, but if it did, consider voting for me. If for nothing else, vote me as Most Improved Player.

MVP? that's a toss up. Blacky kept me in stitches, a funny guy, and not bad at all for someone who had never been scum before. But, Skoffin had been scum before and was a good role model.

So, I'll vote for someone else. Pika kept it organized through the middle stretch with his database. I'm data driven, but had too much on my plate to organize my own database. Besides, without a pufferfish, I don't know what we would have done. But, if I was him, I would have figured out a way to keep scum from reading that database.

VOTE PIKA

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Vote Skoffin

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives