Conquer Club

The Resistance [Signups: 1/6]

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Resistance [Signups: 1/6]

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Let's play Resistance, CC!

What is Resistance?

In this game, the players are a group of rebels trying to overthrow a government. To do so, they will go on missions and hope they succeed. If 3 missions succeed, the rebels win! However, within your group are government spies, who aim to sabotage the missions while keeping their allegiances a secret. If 3 missions fail, the spies win!

So how does this game work?

At the start of the game, you will be given an identity: rebel or spy. The spies will be given a list of their teammates, the rebels will not. For a 6 player game, there are 4 rebels and 2 spies.

Round Start: A player will be randomly chosen to be group leader each round (you cannot be chosen again until everyone else has had a turn). I will announce the beginning of each round, and the leader for that round. The leader will be responsible for nominating people to go on a mission. The number of players sent on the mission varies each round:

Round 1 - 2 players nominated
Rounds 2 and 3 - 3 players nominated
Rounds 4 and 5 - 4 players nominated

Nomination: The leader may discuss their decision with other players. They may nominate themselves or any other players. When the leader has made their decision, they must notify me by posting Nominate [PlayerX], [PlayerY],[ PlayerZ]. The post must be bold or it will not be recognized.

Voting: As soon as the leader makes their nomination, all deliberation must stop immediately. The leaders' nomination is now put to a vote. To vote, players must write Vote In Favor, Vote Against or something similar. Again, it must be in bold or it will not be recognized. Players may change their votes as often as they'd like, until a majority is reached or all players have submitted a vote, at which point votes will be frozen and counted.

If the majority vote in favor of the nomination, the mission begins. If they do not the process is repeated again with a new leader. A tied vote is considered a failed one. 3 failed votes in a row results in an automatic mission failure.

The Mission: The players nominated to go on a mission will then send me a PM either with the word "Pass" or "Fail." If you are a rebel, you must choose pass. If you are a spy, you may choose pass or fail.

Once the choices have been received, the results will be revealed. Only the votes I have received will be made available, not who chose what. If all the choices are for Pass, the mission passes and the rebels score a point. However, if there is a single fail the entire mission fails, and the spies score a point. The only time this rule changes is for the fourth round, where 2 fail votes are required for the mission to fail.

After this, the round is over and a new one begins. First team to 3 points wins.

Anything else I need to know?

No out of thread discussion of the game, outside of the PMs for the mission. If you have a rules question, you can PM me as well.
Last edited by GreecePwns on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Re: The Resistance [Signups: 0/7]

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Signups

1. Fircoal
Last edited by GreecePwns on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby rishaed on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:05 pm

The problem I see with this is not only do Spies know each other they are just under the majority of the group (3/7) The odds are stacked against the rebels to actually win. Why because they can either force a bad vote or fail in the mission. (The first two rounds are the easiest.) So lets say the spies allow the vote to go through and fail the mission. Rinse and repeat for Round 2. And if the leader is a spy setting up the rebels is extremely easy on round two.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 pm

rishaed wrote:The problem I see with this is not only do Spies know each other they are just under the majority of the group (3/7) The odds are stacked against the rebels to actually win. Why because they can either force a bad vote or fail in the mission. (The first two rounds are the easiest.) So lets say the spies allow the vote to go through and fail the mission. Rinse and repeat for Round 2. And if the leader is a spy setting up the rebels is extremely easy on round two.

I actually made a mistake, I mean to make the game 6 players, meaning 4 rebels and 2 spies. Thanks for pointing that out.

Corporal GreecePwns

Re: The Resistance [Signups: 0/6]

Postby Fircoal on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:10 pm

I have played this game irl many times. It's fun. I am in.~
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Re: The Resistance [Signups: 1/6]

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:36 pm

You should host this in the mafia section imo.

This is practically a mafia game, with slightly different rules.

also people talking about balance are silly, its a pretty solid game with easy set up.

This game works very well in real time, maybe doing it on live chat, or via video (zoom )

5-11 players to play a game.

I'm not sure how well this game works via forum setting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resistance_%28game%29

edit: holy crap i didn't realize this was made like a year ago LOLOL my bad for the necro haha
Major StorrZerg

Re: The Resistance [Signups: 1/6]

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Necro, I know, but I've played the Avalon variant of this. It's good stuff.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Return to Forum Games