Conquer Club

Fantasy Football 2017

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fantasy Football 2016

Postby tzor on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 pm

H2H can be interesting. With football, things are more predictable, but it can always have interesting twists. Given the level of the players, I would prefer that to a more traditional point based ROTO.
Cadet tzor

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:17 pm

I agree, a head-to-head setup is better, any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone... lol
Major HotShot53

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:42 pm

+1 on head to head
+1 for NFL Fantasy over yahoo
+1 for Saturday draft (I'm in pacific time zone)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:51 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:In (more and more likely) case that no one else signs up, would you guys be interested in playing a 5 player, Points league?

If so, what format would you like?

Since I have only ever played in Yahoo standard leagues, the only bright idea that I have would be Double Size TeamsTeams:

2QB
6WR
4RB
2TE
2DEF

10BN

If you guys want to play something with roles like WR/RB etc., I'm cool with it, I just wish that we play. :D

EDIT: Is everone ok with using the NFL Fantasy Football instead of Yahoo?

Format I've played before mainly in both friend and random league competitions have mainly been:

1 QB
2 WR
2 RB
1 W/R
1 TE
1 K
1 Def

Never heard of / played w a salary cap, not sure how that works.
Is that the draft auction? I've played both draft by picks and draft by auction so either is ok w me.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:33 am

IcePack wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:In (more and more likely) case that no one else signs up, would you guys be interested in playing a 5 player, Points league?

If so, what format would you like?

Since I have only ever played in Yahoo standard leagues, the only bright idea that I have would be Double Size TeamsTeams:

2QB
6WR
4RB
2TE
2DEF

10BN

If you guys want to play something with roles like WR/RB etc., I'm cool with it, I just wish that we play. :D

EDIT: Is everone ok with using the NFL Fantasy Football instead of Yahoo?

Format I've played before mainly in both friend and random league competitions have mainly been:

1 QB
2 WR
2 RB
1 W/R
1 TE
1 K
1 Def

Never heard of / played w a salary cap, not sure how that works.
Is that the draft auction? I've played both draft by picks and draft by auction so either is ok w me.

I never played the auction, but it sounds interesting.

I never played salary cap. Without it, there is a live draft 1. Round goes 1-6, 2. Round goes 6-1 and so on. After that you can trade any of your players with each other or switch them with a free agent in which case he goes to Waivers (and I don't really understand-understand how the waivers function, not well enough to explain them anyway :) ).

IF we are 6 players strong and we IF don't go with salary cap, then we need bigger teams to make draft more meaningful because otherwise there would be too many good free agents floating around every round. So, if we take the FLEX team you suggest, it would be the same only 2x on every role and twice as big bench.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:31 am

1) WHEN DO WE DRAFT?

Free all Saturday, whatever time you guys agree on works for me. I really mean it. If you guys are all on the Pacific coast - I have enough coffee. :)

2) DRAFT TYPE:

Serpentine - I feel this is much more accessible for the beginners.

3) LEAGUE SETUP:

NO-FLEX - I'm fine with all the setups that I listed, but I think that both the draft and the roster tunning would require a lot of work in the 2x systems. However, if you guys want to try one of them, let it never be said that I was the sensible voice in any group. :mrgreen:

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:03 pm

1. It's a holiday weekend, so if it's drafting that day it'll depend on the time (early morning Saturday pacific time, earlier the better). But there's a good chance I would have to do computer draft that day.

2. Either one. I enjoy auctions more but both for ease to learn and if it's going to be computer drafted by me I say serpentine :p that way at least I can prioritize my draft list.

3. I like the first Flex Option. Makes it easier to manage for beginners and bye weeks, being able to install a WR or RB.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BIG_John on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:07 pm

I will be out of town for the holiday weekend so I might have to drop out.
Captain BIG_John

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:37 pm

For Saturday, starting anywhere around 10-12 AM Eastern (which makes it 7-9 AM pacific time, and somewhere around afternoon/evening europe time) works for me.

As for draft type, I've done and am ok with both. Serpentine is probably easier for new players.

I'm ok with any setup. As someone said, with a small league as we'd have, with normal size teams there will be lots of good free agents out there. But maybe that will make it easier for new players, and not kill someone if they have to let the computer do their draft for them. What is the salary cap? Is that something that puts a price on players, so that you can't just pick up too many good free agents if their cap number is too high?
Major HotShot53

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:35 pm

OK, obviously Saturday is NOT good for anyone.

How about Friday evening?

If this ends up with one ore more players doing the computer draft, then we should definitely do the Serpentine. Also, I agree with HotShot that a standard size team with good free agents flowing around will help make the game playable for both the beginners and those who have to draft by computer.

BIG-JOHN - you don't have to drop out, you can have the Computer draft for you with you adjusting the order of the guys you want.

Postby BIG_John on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Ahh ok! I will just have the computer do it for me then.
Captain BIG_John

Postby ptlowe on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:47 pm

im in
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:31 pm

There might be a few more coming ....

chapcrap, happyfeet, *Pixar*...
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mandalorian2298 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 am

IcePack wrote:There might be a few more coming ....

chapcrap, happyfeet, *Pixar*...

Could you, please, tell them to hurry and sign up?
I have to create the League on Thursday so that everyone who will be drafting by CPU have time to put their order in order. :)

Postby tzor on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:56 am

I'm in.

mandalorian2298 wrote:1) WHEN DO WE DRAFT?
2) DRAFT TYPE:
3) LEAGUE SETUP:

1) Saturday evening is fine with me, although I'm good for any time on Saturday. (Eastern Time Zone)
2) Serpent is probably better. Both in terms of skills and time. I'm also not sure at what point small numbers in the auction causes odd things to happen.
3) I'll lean towards a no flex, but as of last year my nits tend to be towards the wild card kicker and the strange random nature of the D slot. So (2)
Cadet tzor

Postby mandalorian2298 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:04 pm

HotShot53 wrote:For Saturday, starting anywhere around 10-12 AM Eastern (which makes it 7-9 AM pacific time, and somewhere around afternoon/evening europe time) works for me.

As for draft type, I've done and am ok with both. Serpentine is probably easier for new players.

I'm ok with any setup. As someone said, with a small league as we'd have, with normal size teams there will be lots of good free agents out there. But maybe that will make it easier for new players, and not kill someone if they have to let the computer do their draft for them. What is the salary cap? Is that something that puts a price on players, so that you can't just pick up too many good free agents if their cap number is too high?

Did you mean 7-9 PM Pacific?

Postby mandalorian2298 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:28 pm

Another thing about Draft time: If you guys can figure any time next week up until September 8th when you can all make it, we can reschedule (since I'm on vacation starting next week, I can easily adapt to any time you choose), but only if you reach the decision by Thursday, because I have to create the league then in order to send you all passwords and that you can do the draft order thing.

Discuss.

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:32 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:For Saturday, starting anywhere around 10-12 AM Eastern (which makes it 7-9 AM pacific time, and somewhere around afternoon/evening europe time) works for me.

No, Pacific is earlier than here, so it'd be early morning there, late morning/early afternoon here (Eastern USA), and late afternoon/evening in Europe
Major HotShot53

Postby riskllama on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:45 pm

oh hullo,
nietzsche said this thread was about young boys feet. are you guys chatting in code?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm also available 31st, 1st, 6th, or 7th after 5pm pacific time
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:23 am

HotShot53 wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

No, Pacific is earlier than here, so it'd be early morning there, late morning/early afternoon here (Eastern USA), and late afternoon/evening in Europe

My bad, didn't check the date, I guess. :) Fixed it back in the original post.

So, do you have any other dates that work for you?

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:42 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:

Any late evening could work, if it starts around 10-12 PM eastern time (7-9 PM pacific time, early early morning in europe... )

If you're the only european player, and willing to get up at 4 or 5 AM to do a draft, maybe that time would work for everyone next Tuesday (since monday is a holiday here people may have other plans on monday)
Major HotShot53

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:10 am

HotShot53 wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

Any late evening could work, if it starts around 10-12 PM eastern time (7-9 PM pacific time, early early morning in europe... )

If you're the only european player, and willing to get up at 4 or 5 AM to do a draft, maybe that time would work for everyone next Tuesday (since monday is a holiday here people may have other plans on monday)

I thought I was, but Big John is in Denmark.
John, is there any way this could work for you, preferably on 6th or 7th (IcePack's dates)?
Tzor and plowe, what do you guys think about 6th or 7th?

EDIT: OK, aparently Big John is not in Denmark. :D Once more to the mass PM, dear friends! :)

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Bad news guys: I can't log into my NFL Fantasy football via firefox. I used to have the app on my tablet, but the tablet is out of comission at the moment.

Yahoo? :D

Postby BIG_John on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:56 pm

I am in the United States Central Time Zone. I doubt I will be able to make those days either. I have a lot going on with the kids and school activities that I don't even know if I am coming or going anymore! Just do what you guys can do between you all and don't let me hold you up. What do I need to do to get set up now. Are we doing Yahoo now?
Captain BIG_John

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games