Conquer Club

Banana Republic

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Banana Republic

Postby Aleena on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Map Name:Banana Republic
Mapmaker(s):Aleena
Number of Territories: +- 64 on islands and +61 in budget board
Special Features:
Propaganda Tracker for National Budget Spendings
bombardment areas
autodeploy areas
victory conditions
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:
Hopefullt it's fun and playful
Map Image:
Click image to enlarge.

Their is up to 8 starting positions each with 5 controlled areas at start
1) El Presidente - starts in the Palace - with his palace guards (4 center sections inside of Palace gives a +1 AutoDeploy each)
"El President starts with two of them"
2) Army starts at and around tank (tank gives +2 autodeploy)
3) Air Force starts on island near and connected to plane (plane +2 autodeploy)
4) Navy starts on island near and connected to the Battleship (Battleship +2 autodeploy)
5) Police starts near police car (think I'll add two police cars - each give +1 autodeploy)
6) The People start around the hospital (maybe change to farm crops) this hospital or farm crops +2 auto deploy
7) L.I.A (Lack of intelengent agency) Starts near the onlt breif case in the whole island which gives +2 autodeploy
8) Disgruntled Palace Guards - Starts also in the palace with El Presedente in the palace towers. (Each Tower gives +3 auto deploy)

The Tank, Battleship, Briefcase, and Bomber will have a few areas on the map that they can perform bombardments (one way attacks from)

The National Budget/Propaganda - Right Side of screen
El Presidente recieves +6 auto deploy in the center of this Budget board - which has a one way attack down any of the 6 Budget areas. As the President goes down one of those paths he funnels assets from that budget for himself.
As he goes down the path he can get +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, +4, +3, +2, +1 for a total of +25 max per any area taking these bonuses away from that branch of office. These are all standard deployment which can either go to the island for combat - or be added back into the Propaganda Budget Board. No units from the island can ever enter the budget board and no unit from the budget board could ever enter the island. They are both two separate types of battles.

Each of the six major factions also participate on this board. They all get an autodeploy of 2 at their entrance to the budget so they can fight for their own Bonuses; (which is also a one way battle so they never lose their seat at the budget table). All bonuses start out as neutral and have to be negotiated out through play the same way that the President tries to steal it from them.

Victory Condition - First player to control Both the palace (the 8 autodeploy spots) and controls 4 of 6 of the other autodeployment areas from 4 of the other player's starting positions.

The disgruntled palace guards are the only ones that are not on the Budget board and can not fight for extra bonuses off this board - but they start with extra initial bonuses at start more then other players to balance it out - plus if they win a quick victory against the president they can gain all of the palaces bonuses really quick. The palace has a total of +16 autodeploy per turn.

This is a really ruff idea, and I do not plan on working on it until I finish my other map - just thought I'd put it out there to see what the players think?
Last edited by Aleena on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Private 1st Class Aleena

Re: Banana Republic

Postby waauw on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:49 am

I'm sorry but I can't see this image :/
not for a few days now
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Aleena on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:20 pm

picture is not that great because it's beyond ruff draft but it might give over-all idea -
Two battles on the map - right side you fight for your budget - bonuses - while on the map you just fight to capture the palace - and primary military installations...
Private 1st Class Aleena

Postby waauw on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:38 pm

could be interesting, but hard to say with such a rough draft.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Frito Bandito on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:09 am

So, is this based on the game Junta
Lieutenant Frito Bandito

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas