Conquer Club

Warriors (Warrior Cats) Map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Warriors (Warrior Cats) Map

Postby EmperorTigerstar on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Warrior Cats or Warriors by Erin Hunter
Number of Territories: Anywhere from 15 to 20
Special Features: Fourtrees Peace (explained below)
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:
"Warriors" is a popular book series about four clans of warrior cats that wage war over territories with each other, avoid the humans, deal with rogues, etc. Just search Warrior Cats on Google and you'll find out how popular it is. My character/avatar was inspired by one of their characters.

Map Image:
Click image to enlarge.

This is what the book maps show. The colors represent the four clans and their, well, I guess you can call "holy" center in yellow. Red is shadow clan, blue is river clan, green is thunder clan, and purple is wind clan. The map gives a few potential extra territories as well as neutral areas. The river serves as a barrier. You may have to add some for wind clan and river clan by dividing them up into regions. Each camp can serve as a capital and the whole clans can be bonus troop regions.

Fourtrees Peace: In the books, major cats from all four clans would meet at the fourtrees region every full moon (30 days) for a time of peace, similar to the olympic games except without the games. A possible special feature is that every 30 turns (not rounds, turns) there is a turn where you cannot attack anybody.

This would be a fun map and would be pretty popular and perhaps attract more people.
Corporal EmperorTigerstar

Re: Warriors (Warrior Cats) Map

Postby DearCyrus on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:11 pm

As with most ideas like this, copyright is most likely an issue.
Corporal 1st Class DearCyrus

Postby EmperorTigerstar on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 pm

I didn't think of that. :(
Still, there are some maps with copyrights like Das schloss.

Postby DearCyrus on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:08 pm

If the series is popular but not yet being marketed for films and such, it may be possible to contact the author and request permission to make a map for the site. It is best to explain in detail the workings of the site and include a link for them to see it for themselves so there is no confusion or problems down the line.(like feeling like there work is misrepresented and revoking permission)
Or you can go the other route and make a map that is a homage to this story, but has enough changed elements that it is a separate work.
I wish you the best in your endeavors! If you need help with anything feel free to PM me. Or better yet, any of the Cartographers Assistants, they are the ones who make the foundry work! A link to the CA list can be found at the foundry forums top page.
Most importantly, Have fun!
Corporal 1st Class DearCyrus

Postby EmperorTigerstar on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:21 pm

DearCyrus wrote:Or you can go the other route and make a map that is a homage to this story, but has enough changed elements that it is a separate work.

Perhaps we can make a square-shaped map with similar boundaries and subdivisions but call it the four clans?

Postby swagman090 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:05 pm

I really enjoyed Warriors, and I'd love to see this become a playable map!
By the way, is your avatar Bramblepaw/mask/star with a Pickelhaube? :lol:
--swagman
Cook swagman090

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:39 pm

I'd like to see more maps incorporate those three dimensional elements.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:37 am

This is what the book maps show. The colors represent the four clans and their, well, I guess you can call "holy" center in yellow. Red is shadow clan, blue is river clan, green is thunder clan, and purple is wind clan. The map gives a few potential extra territories as well as neutral areas. The river serves as a barrier. You may have to add some for wind clan and river clan by dividing them up into regions. Each camp can serve as a capital and the whole clans can be bonus troop regions.

So we have a map with 4 main continents. Possibly a few smaller continents. Capitals that would offer something such as bonus troops? So far this is pretty standard but with a good story could be interesting enough.

Fourtrees Peace: In the books, major cats from all four clans would meet at the fourtrees region every full moon (30 days) for a time of peace, similar to the olympic games except without the games. A possible special feature is that every 30 turns (not rounds, turns) there is a turn where you cannot attack anybody.

I am afraid that the conquer club game engine doesn't allow map authors to add events to the game like this. It would be cool to have the ability to do something like this and you could propose it elsewhere in the forums.

If you could get permission and have someone put together a map that shows us territory layouts and a draft of the bonus structure I think it would go a long way to getting additional feedback. But do get that permission first.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas