Conquer Club

Multi-singles Cooperative game board

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Multi-singles Cooperative game board

Postby waltero on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:47 am

Just throwing it out there for the map makers.
Any ideas?
I have plenty.

I actually spent hours jotting down this suggestion (ideas).
Hit submit and I had to reset my password again, I sat dormant too long (writing).
Not the first time it has happened to me...No more time, not to mention I can no longer look at this bright screen...think I am going blind.
Cook waltero

Re: Multi-singles Cooperative game board

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:14 am

So what exactly is your suggestion? A new game mode that would work only on new potential maps and mapmakers have to come up with all the ideas?
Major betiko

Postby macbone on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:23 am

If it's a lengthy post, waltero, you can type it up in Notepad or Word first and save it periodically, just in case your browser crashes and you can't retrieve the post.
Colonel macbone

Postby waltero on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:42 pm

@betiko, Yes.

I am not a mapmaker. Just throwing out a suggestion, not sure anybody has even contemplated this before.
I am sure there are plenty of people (map makers) that are Creative enough and have a vivid imagination to attempt something like this.
I can think of a few good reasons why a game board such as this might be created.

I did write up a lengthily Example (all lost).
I am not going to go through with that again. If a map maker think it plausible he can drop me a line and I might be able to share some ideas with him.
Or I might post here again (in the near future) if I have some time.

It has to do with a big Dog (player, bot, neutrals) controlling the board.
Little Dogs (Multi-Singles) enter the Board (Placed on the board, no matter) having to stop the big Dog from Eliminating them before 'one' of them (little Dog) Eliminates him.

Big dog Eliminates four out of five players...the fifht player gets to the Big dog and eliminates him. All the little dogs (eliminated or not) win.

The big Dog controls the board with huge amounts of Neutrals (or bots) on terits...so as to block the path to the Big dog.
Only way to clear path is with (nuke)Spoils (or collecting huge bonuses).
The little Dogs are not going to have Spoils, Terit bonuses available to every player. Some will have one other will have something else to contribute to the Gang in order to get to the Big dog.

You could have Treachery involve. One little dog left in the game He takes out da big dog and Either can claim victory for the entire group or for himself alone. Little dogs still alive can go after the new big dog.

Much more involved than I can articulate.
Can be done (not sure about the bots) with Neutrals and big dog controlling certain aspects of the board.

Anyway...just an Idea. I have never liked cooperative games...
Cook waltero

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:36 pm

yes, that has been suggested
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Moved to maps suggestions.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas