Conquer Club

Civil War: Feudal Equestria! [Sept. 30 2013] [p. 1/1]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Civil War: Feudal Equestria! [Sept. 30 2013] [p. 1/1]

Postby Haybuck on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 am

Map Name: Civil War: Feudal Equestria!
Mapmaker(s): ShiningArmor316 (Not on Site), Haybuck
Number of Territories: Unknown
Special Features: There are three pony empires fighting for supremacy in this feudal war, set before the rise of Celestia and Luna. In addition, there are many tribes. (Griffin, Night Guard, Zebra, Minotaur, Diamond Dog, etc.) Each player begins with one "homeland", the central point of their race's power. These cities each gain 3 troops per turn, regardless of other territories owned (like New World). Each racial city has a different ability, as follows.

• If you own a Pegasus city, that city can attack any city on the map once per turn. (Maximum one roll.) Once this is done, however, it can continue attack nearby cities as normal.
  • If you own a Unicorn city, that city allows you to move troops from that city to any other Unicorn city on the map that you own.
  • If you own an Earth Pony city, when defending that city, no troops will die when losing with a 1 on the roll due to their heartiness. (For example, if the attacker rolls 6-5-6, and you roll 1-3, you would only lose one troop.)

A few additional fun things.
  • Anyone who owns tarturus is in mortal danger! Any stack of troops here will take one loss per turn. When brought to zero, they will revert to n10. This is however cancelled if you also own all Diamond Dog, Minotaur, and Zebra lands.
  • Anyone who owns The Crystal Kingdom is in mortal danger! Any stack of troops here will take one loss per turn. When brought to zero, they will revert to n10. This is however cancelled if Stallia, Clydsdale, the (Insert Name) River, the Northern Fields, the Crystal Mountains, and the Crystal Mountain Pass.
  • The Crystal Mountain Pass is only large enough to hold one troop. Any troops left on this pass at the end of a round beyond 1 will either move automatically to The Crystal Kingdom if owned, or if not to the Northern Plains. If you have adjacent reinforcements on... That sucks to be you, Mr. Crystal Kingdom.
  • If you own the Pegasus, Griffin, and Bat Pony homelands, you can bombard from those three locations to any spot on the map as much as you'd like. However, when doing this, any losses taken from these cities are doubled.
  • The everfree forest acts like a trench. When captured and troops advance, they can not continue on, unless you own all Zebra lands.

Unite all pony cities under a single banner to win!

What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: My Little Pony is insanely popular, and the map already exists. ShiningArmor316 made an incredible burnt paper feudal Equestria map for our D&D campaign, and we'd be remiss to not share it with the world.

Map Image: None Yet, Waiting on Scan
[bigimg][/bigimg]
Private Haybuck

Re: Civil War: Feudal Equestria! [Sept. 30 2013] [p. 1/1]

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:24 am

Looking forward to seeing what you have
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:22 am

Bruceswar wrote:Looking forward to seeing what you have

Same here but till then, you will need to go into ideas.

koontz
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Haybuck on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Sorry about that!

I'll be getting a scan of the map from my DM on Friday, FYI.
Private Haybuck

Postby DearCyrus on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Hold him to that. ;)
Corporal 1st Class DearCyrus

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Where dat map at!!!!
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm gonna have to print this out for the next time I'm on the pot. :o
Major ViperOverLord

Postby dolomite13 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:04 pm

While we wait on a map I thought I would take a stab and reviewing the bullet points.

[*]If you own a Pegasus city, that city can attack any city on the map once per turn. (Maximum one roll.) Once this is done, however, it can continue attack nearby cities as normal.

Their is no mechanism in Conquer Club (CC) for limiting attacks in this way. So this will need to be "Pegasus City can attack any city on the map" and you may want to add something like "resets to XX neutral every turn when held" so that people will need to bust a large number of neutral to use it.

[*]If you own a Unicorn city, that city allows you to move troops from that city to any other Unicorn city on the map that you own.

Their is no mechanism in CC to limit troop movements to only reinforcements. This will probably need to mirror the proposed change to Pegasus City.

[*]If you own an Earth Pony city, when defending that city, no troops will die when losing with a 1 on the roll due to their heartiness. (For example, if the attacker rolls 6-5-6, and you roll 1-3, you would only lose one troop.)

This is not possible via the CC game engine. I can;t even think of a way to simulate anything close to this.

[*]Anyone who owns tarturus is in mortal danger! Any stack of troops here will take one loss per turn. When brought to zero, they will revert to n10. This is however cancelled if you also own all Diamond Dog, Minotaur, and Zebra lands.

Again their is no way to degrade to a specific neutral in the CC engine. You can have an automatic reset to n10 (Killer) or you can have a territory decay ny X amount per turn but it will never fall below 1. And these are not conditional so owning other territories wont be able to cancel this effect. Perhaps it could provide a negative 1 bonus and when you hold one of those territories you would be granted +1 bonus for a net gain of 0.

[*]Anyone who owns The Crystal Kingdom is in mortal danger! Any stack of troops here will take one loss per turn. When brought to zero, they will revert to n10. This is however cancelled if Stallia, Clydsdale, the (Insert Name) River, the Northern Fields, the Crystal Mountains, and the Crystal Mountain Pass.

Same as the previous comment (tarturus).

[*]The Crystal Mountain Pass is only large enough to hold one troop. Any troops left on this pass at the end of a round beyond 1 will either move automatically to The Crystal Kingdom if owned, or if not to the Northern Plains. If you have adjacent reinforcements on... That sucks to be you, Mr. Crystal Kingdom.

Their is no mechanism in CC to have troops "auto move" I would suggest making this decay by 9999 so that prety much all troops you leave their are killed except 1 that is.

[*]If you own the Pegasus, Griffin, and Bat Pony homelands, you can bombard from those three locations to any spot on the map as much as you'd like. However, when doing this, any losses taken from these cities are doubled.

Bombarding is OK but the CC engine does not provide a way to increase troop losses like that.

[*]The everfree forest acts like a trench. When captured and troops advance, they can not continue on, unless you own all Zebra lands.

You should be able to do conditional borders "from" everfree based on owning the Zebra lands continent. I would not use the "trench" term however as that carrys a connotation of the trench game setting and this just a conditional border. I am not sure what the terminology should actually be.

Unite all pony cities under a single banner to win!

How many cities are their, how far apart are they, we will need a map to see if this is a viable win condition.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby RedBaron0 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 am

How'd I miss this idea? Unfortunately this is likely dead here, but I'll have to put the super kibosh on this one with the all mighty "copyright" argument... The site already has a history with the all powerful HASBRO, owner of the My Little Pony franchise, so I'm sorry to steal the party canon kiddo but this idea is pretty much totally unusable.

ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas