Conquer Club

The Super Bowl

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Super Bowl

Postby drewjamison13 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Map Name: The Super Bowl
Mapmaker(s): drewjamison13
Number of Territories: N/A
Special Features:
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:

I do not know much about computers so i cant get a picture on but i have it drawn out. I can email it to anyone interested

The idea i had was based off of American Football, and since the super bowl is right around the corner, why not do something like it? So my idea was to have a football field with territories on every 5 yard line. If you hold a certain amount of yards, you get a bonus. The object is to hold the "end zone" for at least 3 turns which would give you an automatic win. This relates to the idea of of scoring a touchdown and giving your team points and thus winning. Football is enjoyed by MANY people so this would be a great way of involving sports. This idea can go for many other sports to, for example soccer (football). Hold the goal for 3 turns and win. Hold different positions and get bonuses. Let me know what you guys think and ill try to learn how to post a picture online
Cook drewjamison13

Re: The Super Bowl

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:24 am

There have been various sports themed maps proposed in the past including American football. What about this map would make it fun? What makes it not just another map where you simply conquer territories and hold a win condition (btw: hold for 3 turns to win isn't possible with the existing CC engine). As it is I don't see anything here (including a map) that would interest me at all.

=D13=

p.s. check out flickr or imageshack for free ways to post images.
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas