Conquer Club

Skyrim map?

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Skyrim map?

Postby YOUWILLWINPOINTS on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:55 am

As you may or may not know Elder scrolls online is coming out in April and I thought to celebrate it they should introduce a Skyrim map. However I am not to sure with copyright reasons if doing this is even possible but I just thought it would be a good idea for a map.

I would have made out the map to be similar to this but my IT skills are limited so I couldn't create the map fully.

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/im ... im-map.png

Please give feedback on what you think of this idea and just tell me if its possible to introduce or not.

Many thanks.
Cook YOUWILLWINPOINTS

Re: Skyrim map?

Postby sparkyball on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 am

YOUWILLWINPOINTS wrote:As you may or may not know Elder scrolls online is coming out in April and I thought to celebrate it they should introduce a Skyrim map. However I am not to sure with copyright reasons if doing this is even possible but I just thought it would be a good idea for a map.

I would have made out the map to be similar to this but my IT skills are limited so I couldn't create the map fully.

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/im ... im-map.png

Please give feedback on what you think of this idea and just tell me if its possible to introduce or not.

Many thanks.

Copyright is your first issue. You can try to get the rights to use it but have to get there permission
Lieutenant sparkyball

Re: Skyrim map?

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:43 am

Hello - Welcome to CC and the Foundry ;-)

You should find some useful information about the map development in the [Official] Conquer Club Mapmaker Handbook
If you still have questions after browsing that guide, feel free to contact me via PM or ask any specific questions in the Foundry Discussions subforum - you should find people eager to help and give any advice in there.

[Moved]

This map has been moved into the Ideas subforum, as it does not meet the criteria for a Working Draft:

Drafting Room Guidelines

To be considered a Working Draft a project must be more than just an idea; a Draft should have a clear thematic focus, a plan for how the gameplay will work, and a basic image which should include:
    1. Territory Labels - temporary names or numbers will suffice, and are always open to change.
    2. Borders/Paths/Impassables - it should be made clear where territories do/do not connect.
    3. Bonus Areas - where combinations/groups of territories will award a bonus, this should be indicated on the map.
    4. Legend - speculative bonus values and explanations of any attack rules or gameplay features.

Cheers,

koontz1973
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas