Conquer Club

En Passant

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

En Passant

Postby xtratabasco on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:32 pm

I play chess, so I was thinking of a chess map. maybe the knight could have special moves, like to jump over fences, rivers,spoils etc. Im not sure what the motive would be, maybe checkmate your opponent. I do have a 4 player and 6 player chess board so it wouldnt have to be limited to just 2 players. En Passant could be fun.

just a thought.

Map Name:
Mapmaker(s):
Number of Territories:
Special Features:
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:

Map Image:
[bigimg][/bigimg]
Corporal xtratabasco

Re: En Passant

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:58 am

Interesting thought. We have seen maps like this before and even have a few that are in play on the site.

Chess is an abstract war game in essence ... can you think of any ways that you could use chess pieces in an abstract way on a 4x style map? (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate). For instance if you had a world map but it was made of squares of black and white like a chess board and you put chess pieces around the map and allowed attacks to adjacent squares or based on the chess piece movement (so you could assault over seas) it might be interesting. This is something you would need to do a lot of work on to make it fun and have strategic elements that would challenge the most diehard players of CC.

Anyway that's my 2 cents on the basic idea.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Re: En Passant

Postby xtratabasco on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:00 am

Ive been thinking on it, but im just not that good at being creative and putting something together that would be fun as well as interesting. Im thinking the map itself is pretty straight forward (you can google 4 player chess to see the board) its getting the moves down and the rules to the game that stretches my brain to far.

The guys here that do that type of thing are gifted for sure.

Lots of talent and I appreciate most of their efforts.
Corporal xtratabasco

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas