Conquer Club

Roman Empire vs. Mongol Empire

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Roman Empire vs. Mongol Empire

Postby Donald Fung on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:59 am

Map Name: Romans and Mongols
Special Features: I think this would work best as a conquest map between 2 players (one starting in Rome and one starting in Mongolia). There could be many starting regions within the empires as well (for example, Mongol empire could be divided into Khanates and Roman empire could be divided into Provinces). The winning condition would be by holding both the Roman and Mongol capital for one turn.
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: It's a new idea that hasn't been seen on CC before. Yes, it is another Eurasia map but with a different focus and game play.

Roman Empire Provinces:
Western Roman Empire
Eastern Roman Empire
Germanic Tribes
Egypt & Africa

Mongol Empire Khanates:
Khanate of the Golden Horde
Ilkhanate (Khanate of Persia)
Chagatai Khanate
Khanate of the Great Khan (Yuan Dynasty)

Neutral/Border Regions:
Western Russia
Arabian Peninsula

So what do you guys think? If you guys like this idea, I could start working on the map. Also, any help with the map or suggestions are appreciated.
Colonel Donald Fung

Re: Roman Empire vs. Mongol Empire

Postby Armandolas on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:35 pm

I think you need a draft mate. Show us something.
Idea is good
Colonel Armandolas

Re: Roman Empire vs. Mongol Empire

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Two empires, a thousand years apart, with nothing in common except that they were each the biggest empire of their limited time. Why on earth would they be on the same map? What is there, a time machine connecting them so they can send troops into the future/past to fight each other?

I doubt if this will go anywhere, but if you're serious about it, why not have a Eurasia map with all the empires that rose and fell? Alexander. The Seljuks. The Caliphate. The Russian Empire. The Moguls. The Seleucid. Achaemenid. Napoleon. Hitler. Tamerlane. The Assyrians. The Akkadians. The Hittites. The empire of Menander. The Venetian empire. Great Scythia. Kushan Empire.

You could have a capitol for each of those (and others that I've missed, I'm sure) and multiple overlapping bonuses for the extent of those empires at different times. So, Samarkand would be Tamerlane's capitol, and would only give a bonus to Tamerlane, but other nearby cities could give a bonus to the Mongols, Scythians, Tamerlane, Seleucids, etc, etc, depending on who held them.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas