Conquer Club

Map of Airline Routes

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Map of Airline Routes

Postby cfreze00 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Map Name: Airline Routes
Mapmaker(s): I can't write computer code so I would need help with this
Number of Territories: Would depend on if you would just want a map of US Airline Routes or World Airline Routes
Special Features: Map would consist of Hub and Spoke system. So major hub airports would connect to smaller airports. To get bonus you have to own all airports connected to a hub.
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Has not been done before, would be really cool and unique

Here is an example of an airline route map: You should get the point by looking at these websites

https://www.google.com/search?q=hub+and ... B500%3B310

or

https://www.google.com/search?q=hub+and ... 1001%3B700
Private 1st Class cfreze00

Re: Map of Airline Routes

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 am

I like it. I was a big fan of Aerobiz, back in the day, and I always thought CC should have an Aerobiz-style map. Pay bonuses for routes held, not for regions. +1 for a local route, +2 for an international route, +4 for an intercontinental route, +5 for an intercontinental route between non-adjacent continents.

Would be a great idea, if you can figure out how to make the linkages so they don't become one big blur.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby cfreze00 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking get troops based on routes.
I do agree the linkage might be a bit of a problem, let me think about it and get back to you.
Private 1st Class cfreze00

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:54 pm

- I like it too, Maybe the linkages are made up into multiple colors , and division-ed off so You could use the same colors twice or thrice on different routes in different parts of the country / World etc.? GL-'')
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:42 am

Hello - Welcome to CC and the Foundry ;-)

You should find some useful information about the map development in the [Official] Conquer Club Mapmaker Handbook
If you still have questions after browsing that guide, feel free to contact me via PM or ask any specific questions in the Foundry Discussions subforum - you should find people eager to help and give any advice in there.

[Moved]

This map has been moved into the Ideas subforum, as it does not meet the criteria for a Working Draft:

Drafting Room Guidelines

To be considered a Working Draft a project must be more than just an idea; a Draft should have a clear thematic focus, a plan for how the gameplay will work, and a basic image which should include:
    1. Territory Labels - temporary names or numbers will suffice, and are always open to change.
    2. Borders/Paths/Impassables - it should be made clear where territories do/do not connect.
    3. Bonus Areas - where combinations/groups of territories will award a bonus, this should be indicated on the map.
    4. Legend - speculative bonus values and explanations of any attack rules or gameplay features.

Cheers,

koontz1973
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas