Conquer Club

Sword of Truth World Map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Sword of Truth World Map

Postby YP_Legend on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:44 am

Howdy all. Has anyone here read the Sword of Truth series of books by Terry Goodkind? If you havnt & you like good fantasy/fiction i highly recommend it. Anyway, i think a game map of that world could be 1 of the greatest CC maps ever made & played with the right design team in place. I do not have all the required talents to do this project on my own, but i would really like to be involved in its making with my knowledge of the series & ideas i have for special gameplay features. It would probably be best if any design team members were familiar with the series also, if it indeed goes that far, for added greatness... :D

Anyway, here are 2 images of that world i found on the internet. 1 is the original that is in all the books & the other is one that somebody has made. As you can see it is an interesting world geographically that has alot of possibilities by adding storyline features to it for gameplay. I wont go into detail about these right now as you kind of need to be familiar with the books before you would really grasp how the ideas relate to the world & map. We'll see first if this moves forward any in discussion. If you think we will need permissions or approval for anything associated to this project, i will personally try to acquire it by contacting the author with our intentions. Anyway, i will be looking forward to this discussion. Best regards,

YP

Map Name:
Mapmaker(s):
Number of Territories:
Special Features:
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:

Map Image:
[bigimg][/bigimg]
Proud xiGames Member
_________Image_________
Lieutenant YP_Legend

Re: Sword of Truth World Map

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 am

There are only two ways you could do this:

1. Get exclusive permission from the author, Terry Goodkind, to use his map for free.

2. Change it so much that it's not recognisable in comparison to the original.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: Sword of Truth World Map

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:41 am

Hello - Welcome to CC and the Foundry ;-)

You should find some useful information about the map development in the [Official] Conquer Club Mapmaker Handbook
If you still have questions after browsing that guide, feel free to contact me via PM or ask any specific questions in the Foundry Discussions subforum - you should find people eager to help and give any advice in there.

[Moved]

This map has been moved into the Ideas subforum, as it does not meet the criteria for a Working Draft:

Drafting Room Guidelines

To be considered a Working Draft a project must be more than just an idea; a Draft should have a clear thematic focus, a plan for how the gameplay will work, and a basic image which should include:
    1. Territory Labels - temporary names or numbers will suffice, and are always open to change.
    2. Borders/Paths/Impassables - it should be made clear where territories do/do not connect.
    3. Bonus Areas - where combinations/groups of territories will award a bonus, this should be indicated on the map.
    4. Legend - speculative bonus values and explanations of any attack rules or gameplay features.

Cheers,

koontz1973
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas