Conquer Club

Map Idea

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Map Idea

Postby random21 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:29 am

There was some default suggestions of what to write... I deleted... this is just a concept.

So I was thinking about a map with starting points, similar to Feudal maps, and Kc2. castles, it might be closer to kc2 though.

Anyways, I am not a map maker, I can't do this, but I thought I'd suggest it see if it is possible. Can you put a trench type setting into the map itself, with it not actually being trench?

So here is my thought:

Each castle, has some kind of a moat, or gates to gain access. Opponents can reach up to this point, that entirely surrounds a castle, but once they reach it, they are frozen in place for a turn, and must survive for a turn. The next turn, they can continue as normal. So really, I want all territories adjacent and behind the moat to be One-way trench. If I am exiting the castle, the moat shouldnt slow me down...

So there is territory x = my castle, territories y y y y all part of my castle kingdom, and a perimeter defense line that surrouds my castle all those territories = d. Can I make by default all D territories freeze troops? for 1 turn, going one way towards my castle but not exiting my castle? or maybe even, make my troops completely immune to it. so i can come and go as i please. but make all players who dont start in castle x be affected and frozen. i would be frozen in all other regional castles, except my own, where i started

:D because i think some sweet things could be managed with something like this

Or more better maybe ( ;) ) : it can be walled in like impassables easily enough, like movie Troy, but there would be one or two gates, or a moat with two bridges etc. the moat or castles wall are legit impassable, but the entrances, the actual entrance freezes opponents for 1 turn. oh and maybe some archers like kc2 with auto deploy… hmm 2 of them. and they can only hit the entrance wall. and i get to shoot at you before next turn to stop you from entering :D

in general, stop rushes, make the actual battle ground be fought outside the castle for a bit, etc. lol, but without the neutral 10 etc to slow me down and such as in feudal maps… I'm just going to keep editing this over the next 2 hrs haha. ok not really
Field Marshal random21

Re: Map Idea

Postby degaston on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:50 pm

I don't think that this is possible with the current XML. But just yesterday I made a suggestion for a change that would allow it. I didn't have a map in mind, but I thought it would be a useful feature.

Koontz seems to think that this is possible with the transformation tag, but I don't see how, unless there are some undocumented capabilities.
universalchiro wrote:@degaston: whatever dude you win, you have it all figured out. You have out smarted even God.
Brigadier degaston

Postby random21 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:32 pm

hmmm kk thnks
Field Marshal random21

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:11 pm

If conditional borders were changed to allow you to set a delay on the trigger it would let mapmakers do this. How it works now is that if you have a conditional border and you conquer a trigger territory it instantly opens. If it was instant as default but let you set "delay" or "delay:X" to defer trigger to next turn or X turns from now that would give mapmakers a cool new tool (although I want conditional bombardments first).

Best you can do now is "speed bumps" ... for example A ==> B(7 neutral) ==> C and C ==> A bypassing B ... I used something similar to this on my Monsters! map with the runebound monster ==> shield ==> wizard and wizard ==> runebound monster.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas