Conquer Club

Which Map To Work On? - Vote to Choose

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which Map Should I Work On?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:30 am

Total votes : 0

Re: Which Map To Work On? - Vote to Choose

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks for the kind comments folks, here's a newer version with some better icons and a little more cleaning.

Next version will have Centres of Civilisation renamed to Strongholds (maybe) and Villages becoming Settlements.

Maybe time to move over to the Drafting room?
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:@Butters: that's unlikely.

Very likely, sadly.
Cook Butters1919

Postby macbone on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:20 pm

I like this map. I'm getting a Risk: Godstorm vibe from it, particularly the Underworld.

I'd suggest reaching Olympus from 1 tert, too, as Atlantis is reached. If anything, the Underworld should have multiple entrances. Perhaps Sicily, where Persephone was kidnapped and where Mount Etna, another entrance, is located; the southern tip of the Peloponnese, where Orpheus and Hercules each entered; Lake Acheron in northern Greece, where Odysseus entered; Lake Avernus in Southern Italy; Fengdu in China, about where you have the Zhou Dynasty; Nicaragua, which has a couple of entrances; Hellam, near York, Pennsylvania; and Turkmenistan. Maybe pick a few of these?

If so, the victory conditions could change to The Underworld + Olympus or Atlantis.

The centres of civilization angle is cool.

Gates of Hell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gates_of_hell
Colonel macbone

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:51 pm

As the vote looks to be heading for Age of Man, I have done some (ok, a lot) more work on it, in preparation to enter the Void Drafting Room:

macbone wrote:I like this map. I'm getting a Risk: Godstorm vibe from it, particularly the Underworld.

I'd suggest reaching Olympus from 1 tert, too, as Atlantis is reached. If anything, the Underworld should have multiple entrances. Perhaps Sicily, where Persephone was kidnapped and where Mount Etna, another entrance, is located; the southern tip of the Peloponnese, where Orpheus and Hercules each entered; Lake Acheron in northern Greece, where Odysseus entered; Lake Avernus in Southern Italy; Fengdu in China, about where you have the Zhou Dynasty; Nicaragua, which has a couple of entrances; Hellam, near York, Pennsylvania; and Turkmenistan. Maybe pick a few of these?

If so, the victory conditions could change to The Underworld + Olympus or Atlantis.

Thanks for your feedback macbone, I will think about it further down the line, although I have to keep gameplay balance in mind so all starting positions have relatively equal access to the 3 netherworlds, and with the mediterranean inset crowded already any access from there to the underworld would have to be through the existing centres.

I did plan a map (with some diagrams on paper) called 'Conquer the Gods' which featuring most of the access points you mentionned (plus the River Styx, the End of the World, and somewhere in Libya - grove of Perisphone maybe?), plus a whole underworld section, with tartarus, as well as the gods' mythical creatures (Medusa, Scylla, the Cyclops, Skeleton Army, Hydra, Minotaur etc) all over the main map (which was the med area only). If I ever get this one done then that may get worked-on.

:-)
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Fewnix on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:33 pm

YAY!!!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Teflon Kris wrote:As the vote looks to be heading for Age of Man, I have done some (ok, a lot) more work on it, in preparation to enter the Void Drafting Room:

macbone wrote:I like this map. I'm getting a Risk: Godstorm vibe from it, particularly the Underworld.

Thanks for your feedback macbone, I will think about it further down the line, although I have to keep gameplay balance in mind so all starting positions have relatively equal access to the 3 netherworlds, and with the mediterranean inset crowded already any access from there to the underworld would have to be through the existing centres.

I did plan a map (with some diagrams on paper) called 'Conquer the Gods' which featuring most of the access points you mentionned (plus the River Styx, the End of the World, and somewhere in Libya - grove of Perisphone maybe?), plus a whole underworld section, with tartarus, as well as the gods' mythical creatures (Medusa, Scylla, the Cyclops, Skeleton Army, Hydra, Minotaur etc) all over the main map (which was the med area only). If I ever get this one done then that may get worked-on.

:-)
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas