Conquer Club

Classic 2.0 (v11)--56 Territories--PAGE 12 [Abandoned]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Any Interest?

Total votes : 0

Postby sam_levi_11 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:27 pm

your maths sucks
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Hm, good point about SA.

Right now, i only have time on the weekends to even go near a computer, so sorry about no updates. Id like to get this through eventually.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby bryguy on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:15 pm

sam_levi_11 wrote:your maths sucks

idk who your talking to but...

2+4 = 24 :) my math is great though!
Corporal bryguy

Postby Timon on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:18 pm

I like it, looks beautiful, but I don't want this to come in stead of Classic (1.0)
Corporal 1st Class Timon

Postby vampir2124 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm

no link from aussie to argentine? :(

think it should be done!!
Highest Score: Lieutenant - 1727 : 03/05/08

My First Tourney : now started. :) viewtopic.php?t=45863
Cook vampir2124

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:29 am

bryguy wrote:
sam_levi_11 wrote:your maths sucks

idk who your talking to but...

2+4 = 24 :) my math is great though!

bryguy when's your birthday? I want to buy you a calculator.

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:30 am

Timon wrote:I like it, looks beautiful, but I don't want this to come in stead of Classic (1.0)

No maps are ever deleted from CC (if that's what you are thinking of). Classic will always be everyone's favorite map. It is also the default create/find a game settings so that newbies play it first.

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:31 am

vampir2124 wrote:no link from aussie to argentine? :(

think it should be done!!

Its been considered but i like the fact that aussie is still that really easy continent to grab and hold at the beginning from the game for a small bonus. I can lower the bonus to 2, but really the NZ-Argentina doesnt make much sense IMO.

Postby mibi on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:44 pm

It took nine versions to get to this point? You have a map that is thoroughly lacking in any sense of direction or purpose and should more likely see use on the place mats of your local greasy spoon with a box of broken crayons, then any gaming site.

The continents are myopic, the territories are lackadaisical, and the colors suffer from an iron deficiency. This whole exercise is a slithering feat of malnourishment. And to top it all off, you have post humorously christen it "2.0" as if there were actually some resemblance to the living work of which you take inspiration from and nothing more.

If I were you, I would take this project and put it in a lock box, put the lock box on a shelf, close the closet door, and proceed to torch the entire neighborhood lest no future civilization should exhume this cartographic carcass and pass judgment upon mankind.
Captain mibi

Postby premio53 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:25 am

mibi wrote:It took nine versions to get to this point? You have a map that is thoroughly lacking in any sense of direction or purpose and should more likely see use on the place mats of your local greasy spoon with a box of broken crayons, then any gaming site.

The continents are myopic, the territories are lackadaisical, and the colors suffer from an iron deficiency. This whole exercise is a slithering feat of malnourishment. And to top it all off, you have post humorously christen it "2.0" as if there were actually some resemblance to the living work of which you take inspiration from and nothing more.

If I were you, I would take this project and put it in a lock box, put the lock box on a shelf, close the closet door, and proceed to torch the entire neighborhood lest no future civilization should exhume this cartographic carcass and pass judgment upon mankind.

Everyone has his critics. You obviously are in the minority. Compared to half the maps on this site that make no sense to me (not being critical) Kaplowitz's idea is a masterpiece. If you don't like a particular map do as everyone else does. Don't play on it. :)
Lieutenant premio53

Postby vampir2124 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:45 am

mibi wrote:It took nine versions to get to this point? You have a map that is thoroughly lacking in any sense of direction or purpose and should more likely see use on the place mats of your local greasy spoon with a box of broken crayons, then any gaming site.

are you a writer? you should become a critic for sure, love your writing style. =) such venom.
Highest Score: Lieutenant - 1727 : 03/05/08

My First Tourney : now started. :) viewtopic.php?t=45863
Cook vampir2124

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:27 am

I love your posts mibi!

but seriously, look at the poll. Out of 99 votes, 53 people said they wanted the map.

Postby mibi on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:52 am

Kaplowitz wrote:

I love your posts mibi!

but seriously, look at the poll. Out of 99 votes, 53 people said they wanted the map.

Well, it's your 'mandate'. :wink:
Captain mibi

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Say ello to my version 10!

-Changes to Scandinavia, Ukraine can attack Norway
-Removed Sahara Desert
-Changes to US
-New title?

Postby rustlemania on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:17 pm

the bonuses for S.A. and Africa don't make sense... maybe they should both be 4.
Major rustlemania

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:19 pm

yes, you're right.

Postby TaCktiX on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:39 pm

The Scandinavia area looks way too crowded, and the borders there look about as bad as they get on the map. Perhaps simplify or condense that?

And it's Southern U.S., not Souhthern. Also suggest just changing it to Midwest U.S. instead of the squeeze-erific Midwestern U.S.
Last edited by TaCktiX on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby CrabNebula on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Can you please reduce the font-size of the territory names? North America looks really crowded and becomes a reason for confusion.
rebelman wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:thats why my next wife will be a player from this site. I wont mention who :wink:
obviously you are looking for a woman thats a good cook and likes you to dominate in one on one
Sergeant 1st Class CrabNebula

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:10 pm

TaCktiX wrote:The Scandinavia area looks way too crowded, and the borders there look about as bad as they get on the map. Perhaps simplify or condense that?

Yeah, I'd definitely make those 3 countries into one. It doesn't make sense to have really big countries like North Africa and Ukraine, but have little territories like that.
Corporal pepperonibread

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:10 pm

I like mibi's style and points...:)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby cairnswk on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:39 pm

mibi.....that's pure bitch! :lol:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Kaplowitz on Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:27 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I like mibi's style and points...:)

--Andy

So you're saying you agree with him on that i should abandon the map....and then you put a smiley to make me feel better? :lol:

Postby Kaplowitz on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:37 pm

btw, what do i need to get a stamp/adv. idea. What requirements?

Postby Riazor on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:48 pm

pepperonibread wrote:
TaCktiX wrote:The Scandinavia area looks way too crowded, and the borders there look about as bad as they get on the map. Perhaps simplify or condense that?

Yeah, I'd definitely make those 3 countries into one. It doesn't make sense to have really big countries like North Africa and Ukraine, but have little territories like that.

Seconded.
Lieutenant Riazor

Postby Kaplowitz on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:55 pm

ok, ill make Scandinavia one territory, and split up Ukraine.

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas