Conquer Club

Football Match Map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: football map [version 6]

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Sniper08 wrote:i dont think he has much support as it has only been myself mainly posting here.it took the carto's a while to come in aswell.

I was trying to give some encouragement.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Commander9 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 am

I'd love to have a first permanent map of my favourite sport in CC. The idea looks great and while it does need more work graphically, I think this can be done. You might want to change the names into the right ones, though:

Maldeni = Maldini. (Who was much more a LB, not a CB).
Cryff = Cruyff. (Who was an AM/Forward, not a winger, so you may want to change him completely).
Muller = Müller.

And how could you bench Di Stefano? :( Also, changing Center Ref's name to Collina and adding other ref's would be a nice touch. Good luck!
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby 40kguy on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Commander9 wrote:I'd love to have a first permanent map of my favourite sport in CC. The idea looks great and while it does need more work graphically, I think this can be done. You might want to change the names into the right ones, though:

Maldeni = Maldini. (Who was much more a LB, not a CB).
Cryff = Cruyff. (Who was an AM/Forward, not a winger, so you may want to change him completely).
Muller = Müller.

And how could you bench Di Stefano? :( Also, changing Center Ref's name to Collina and adding other ref's would be a nice touch. Good luck!

What do I need? Just name stuff. I want to focus on gameplay, names will come later
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Commander9 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Well, you could definitely add football terms and make them bonuses (goals, assists, saves, etc.) since they're sort of already are in the map (the goals and assists). It's still really raw, and very clumsy, so hard to make out things, but these are just some initial ideas to help you get this moving.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby 40kguy on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Commander9 wrote:Well, you could definitely add football terms and make them bonuses (goals, assists, saves, etc.) since they're sort of already are in the map (the goals and assists). It's still really raw, and very clumsy, so hard to make out things, but these are just some initial ideas to help you get this moving.

OK, How about this

you have to hit a uper 90 for a win. How about you need to break through a 10-20 netrual. If you can pass to a forward then you get an assisst?
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby MrBenn on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:53 pm

fumandomeurte made a really good start at a football map a long time ago - that showed a lot more potential than this one so far :?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby 40kguy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:34 am

MrBenn wrote:fumandomeurte made a really good start at a football map a long time ago - that showed a lot more potential than this one so far :?

Bin it then

there is no support, one person has stayed with this thing sence the beging

new posts are nothing, but saying "someone else started a map like this but theres is better" Maybe if you guys would say something constructive, this could be a great map, but no one seems like doing that, so bin it. Once people start saying constructive stuff, i will make start making it again.
Cook 40kguy

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 am

The most constructive thing i can say looking at the map is "delete everything and start from the scratch"....I think you should try to expertise a bit more in using graphics softwares (or try to find someone who wants team up with you and develope the graphics of this map).
In addition, like MrBenn said, try to search for previous football/soccer attempts in the bin...look the good ideas in those projects and look where they failed. Your current gameplay is not so funny...How is it possible that i read in your first post that I have to eliminate the other team to win?
It's a soccer game, if I want to win I have to score a goal! So, no offence, but right now the map looks everything but not a football map, and since I'm italian, you should trust me...;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby 40kguy on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am

thenobodies80 wrote:The most constructive thing i can say looking at the map is "delete everything and start from the scratch"....I think you should try to expertise a bit more in using graphics softwares (or try to find someone who wants team up with you and develope the graphics of this map).
In addition, like MrBenn said, try to search for previous football/soccer attempts in the bin...look the good ideas in those projects and look where they failed. Your current gameplay is not so funny...How is it possible that i read in your first post that I have to eliminate the other team to win?
It's a soccer game, if I want to win I have to score a goal! So, no offence, but right now the map looks everything but not a football map, and since I'm italian, you should trust me...;)

first, can fix your grammar, there is one spot you make a mistake a lot

I did look at a lot of the maps, i put crossballs in and some other things, will look farther again i guess.
Cook 40kguy

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:43 am

Sorry if my grammar is not perfect, but as said I'm italian and my english is not perfect.
Anyway I think you understood the meaning and is enough for me, afterall here we do maps, not grammar lessons. :roll:

Postby natty dread on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:27 pm

40kguy wrote:first, can fix your grammar,

Oh the irony.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 pm

natty_dread wrote:

Oh the irony.

it's kind of sad actually.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby 40kguy on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:11 pm

DiM wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

Oh the irony.

Im fucking 13, and the English language is the hardest out of every language in the world!
Cook 40kguy

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:30 pm

40kguy wrote:
DiM wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

Oh the irony.

Im fucking 13, and the English language is the hardest out of every language in the world!

when i was 13 i spelled english words better than you and please keep in mind english was my 3rd language in school. first was romanian (native), second was italian (optional #1) and, as i said before, english was my 3rd. at 13 i was barely beginning my second year of english study. you've had 13 years to master it. so being 13 is no excuse. if you can spell "fucking" then i'm pretty sure you can spell most words in the dictionary.

PS: and english is not the hardest language in the world. try learning japanese where you have thousands of characters instead of your regular abc. or perhaps you might want to learn a tonal language with clicking consonants like the khoisan languages ;)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby JPcelticfc on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Dear God who cares about grammar!! lol I hate when people point it out, for all you know they could be dyslexic. There's more important things in life!!

Good luck with the map 40k!! keep at it and you'll get there!! soz I'm not more help :)
Lieutenant JPcelticfc

Postby natty dread on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:12 pm

40kguy wrote:Im fucking 13, and the English language is the hardest out of every language in the world!

It's not even fucking close. Like you guys don't even have grammatical cases. What's up with that!

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Okay everyone, let's bring it down a few notches! There is no need for this. Please stay on topic!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:06 am

isaiah40 wrote:Okay everyone, let's bring it down a few notches! There is no need for this. Please stay on topic!

sorry i can't resist the temptation.

latest PM from 40kguy:
I have an A+ in ELA so shut the hell up. English is one of the hardest language in the world to learn, everything is memoration. I fine grammar mistakes in fucking books for crying out loud so piss the f*ck off!

i've been laughing so hard. it's bloody brilliant.

now, back on topic. grammar mistakes aside, the map has no future with this kind of graphics so i see 3 possibilities:
1. map is abandoned
2. 40kguy learns how to use gimp/photoshop
3. he gets help from a more experienced mapmaker.

PS: also the names on the map are copyrighted.
Major DiM

Postby 40kguy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:17 am

DiM wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:Okay everyone, let's bring it down a few notches! There is no need for this. Please stay on topic!

sorry i can't resist the temptation.

latest PM from 40kguy:
I have an A+ in ELA so shut the hell up. English is one of the hardest language in the world to learn, everything is memoration. I fine grammar mistakes in fucking books for crying out loud so piss the f*ck off!

i've been laughing so hard. it's bloody brilliant.

now, back on topic. grammar mistakes aside, the map has no future with this kind of graphics so i see 3 possibilities:
1. map is abandoned
2. 40kguy learns how to use gimp/photoshop
3. he gets help from a more experienced mapmaker.

PS: also the names on the map are copyrighted.

I only use last names, not there whole name, so there not copyrighted.

Im leaning towards 1 or 3
Cook 40kguy

Postby natty dread on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 am

English is actually one of the easiest languages to learn. It has relatively simple and consistent grammatical rules, no cases, no feminine/masculine words other than a few pronouns...

Anyway, my advice is - and I've said this before, I know - to make a geographical map first. Those are, most of the time, much easier to do. After you finish that map you can use the graphical (and gameplay design) experience you gain to start working on the football map again.

Postby 40kguy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:58 am

natty_dread wrote:English is actually one of the easiest languages to learn. It has relatively simple and consistent grammatical rules, no cases, no feminine/masculine words other than a few pronouns...

Anyway, my advice is - and I've said this before, I know - to make a geographical map first. Those are, most of the time, much easier to do. After you finish that map you can use the graphical (and gameplay design) experience you gain to start working on the football map again.

Ok, well I think i will do that. Bin it and maybe someone/me will come and make it. So everyone go to the Washington map (or however you spell it)
Cook 40kguy

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:14 am

[Moved] as requested by the maker

edit: and [Merged]

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 pm

natty_dread wrote:English is actually one of the easiest languages to learn. It has relatively simple and consistent grammatical rules, no cases, no feminine/masculine words other than a few pronouns...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the most stupid languages there could ever be - hundreds of variations of the same word - biggest vacabulary on the planet, unnecessary spelling stupidities mean its virtually impossible to know how to pronounce an unfamiliar word you may read or spell a new word you hear.

Hats off to most of the planet that put their effort into learning our stupid one ... and hats off to the old english aristocracy as this remains one of the major tools in their power-retaining armoury.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby 40kguy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:49 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:

One of the most stupid languages there could ever be - hundreds of variations of the same word - biggest vacabulary on the planet, unnecessary spelling stupidities mean its virtually impossible to know how to pronounce an unfamiliar word you may read or spell a new word you hear.

Hats off to most of the planet that put their effort into learning our stupid one ... and hats off to the old english aristocracy as this remains one of the major tools in their power-retaining armoury.

TOLD YOU NATTY! AND DIM
Cook 40kguy

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:40 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:

the variations and the vocabulary are totally debatable. nobody can say with an absolute certainty what's the exact number of words in a language. for example german language can create virtually an infinite number of compound words. also in german the numbers are always written together. 245 is not written two hundred and forty five but rather twohundredandfortyfive and wham bam you have a new word for each number. what this means is that simply from writting numbers you get an infinite vocabulary.

as for the spelling stupidities i beg to differ. you complain that you can't pronounce a new word you hear. but at least you an spell it or read it letter by letter. that's impossible when it comes to chinese or arabic because they use totally different characters.

so english is not hard at all.

40kguy, go to school and stop complaining. at 13 i knew 2 foreign languages at least at a basic level. you can't even spell in your own friggin language. there's no excuse for this.
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas