Conquer Club

Football Match Map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soccer/football map [version 4]

Postby 40kguy on Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 pm

new map
Click image to enlarge.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Re: Soccer/football map [version 5]

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon May 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Can players who play for the same team in real life play on the same team here?
I know it's a minor thing, but Barca fan that I am, it saddens me a little to see Dani Alves playing against Messi and Xavi.
Last edited by sempaispellcheck on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby 40kguy on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:Can players who play for the same team in real life play on the same team here?
I know it's a minor thing, but Barca fan that I am, it saddens me a little to see Dani Alves playing against Messi and Xavi.

we just did legends. so if you want to change the names im happy for discussion but i cant do something off one persons opinion.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Sniper08 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:10 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:Can players who play for the same team in real life play on the same team here?

i think the teams are fine we can have one team that has too many players from a RL team in it.

40k what are you gonna name this map? cause Soccer/football map isnt a good name.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby 40kguy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Sniper08 wrote:

i think the teams are fine we can have one team that has too many players from a RL team in it.

40k what are you gonna name this map? cause Soccer/football map isnt a good name.

I dont know. maybe the beautifully game like you mentioned. or maybe the foot game.
Cook 40kguy

Postby jsnyder748 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 am

The beautiful game sounds good :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:20 am

40kguy wrote:I dont know. maybe the beautifully game like you mentioned. or maybe the foot game.

Firstly, good map and nice idea.

The Foot Game, you were joking right. :lol:

One idea for you to give this map some focus (bad word but the only one I can think off right now) and maybe a title and players names as well is to base it on a famous game. Plenty to choose from that are recognised by most fans.

Are you going to place some territs in the right third of the map, seems a bit blank over there. If you look at the cricket and baseball maps which you mentioned, all parts of the map are used. Might be an idea to have the players in the starting positions instead of during a half. You can still have the break away balls.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby 40kguy on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:23 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
40kguy wrote:I dont know. maybe the beautifully game like you mentioned. or maybe the foot game.

Firstly, good map and nice idea.

The Foot Game, you were joking right. :lol:

One idea for you to give this map some focus (bad word but the only one I can think off right now) and maybe a title and players names as well is to base it on a famous game. Plenty to choose from that are recognised by most fans.

Are you going to place some territs in the right third of the map, seems a bit blank over there. If you look at the cricket and baseball maps which you mentioned, all parts of the map are used. Might be an idea to have the players in the starting positions instead of during a half. You can still have the break away balls.

yes i was joking. hmmm i guess i could move that stuff over.
Cook 40kguy

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

"The Beautiful Game" is a good name but i dont know if it is used outside the premier league and europe(maybe someone can help me?).as far as other possible names go "the game of two halves or The Match"
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sannemanrobinson on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:26 pm

(FIFA) World Cup is pretty obvious. Only FIFA is copyrighted. With a year in the name it gives a theme and player scheme.

The finals of "World Cup 1972" has some great players. And "World Cup 1988" is a classic of course...
Major sannemanrobinson

Postby sannemanrobinson on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Or what about "Vuvuzela World Cup"?

Major sannemanrobinson

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:31 am

Fantasy Football is widely used and not copyrighted.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Sniper08 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 am

koontz1973 wrote:Fantasy Football is widely used and not copyrighted.

i like it but will americans complain about the name?
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:45 am

Sniper08 wrote:

I doubt it. I know they call it soccer but I am sure they can get around there hurt feelings as pretty much the rest of the world calls it this. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby 40kguy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:08 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:

I doubt it. I know they call it soccer but I am sure they can get around there hurt feelings as pretty much the rest of the world calls it this. ;)

and ther name makes no sence ;)
Cook 40kguy

Postby Sniper08 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:17 pm

well change the title then and lets see if we get complainers. since the name is somewhat sorted i think this should be submitted in design briefs.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby 40kguy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Sniper08 wrote:well change the title then and lets see if we get complainers. since the name is somewhat sorted i think this should be submitted in design briefs.

I sent it
Cook 40kguy

Re: football map [version 5]

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:55 am

Graphically speaking the map is really far to reach the CC standards. I want to be honest, you have lot of work to do on it!
I'm not asking you perfect graphics, but it's possible to have something that makes easier to look at your map and gather the infos to play it?
I found the map a bit confusing, you have some colors on it but it's hard to find a reference into the legend so it takes a while to understand how it works.
I would also suggest you to take a look at this old DJTeflon project, maybe you can take something from that map....it was a interesting concept (although there were some things to change) --> viewtopic.php?f=63&t=91234#p2100904
Your current gameplay seems to me not so funny to play, even if certainly there's room for a soccer/football map, maybe you should try to changes things a bit.
Maybe using the playing field, or remove the names and use game positions instead, then give to the positions a "special feature", e.g.: the goalkeepers can attack (or bombard) 2 steps away when he takes a goal kick, or a attacker can kick the ball and maybe score a goal...currently the only way you have to win is to eliminate all your opponents from the game, that's not exactly football! It seems more paintball in that way! :lol: I think you should add the "score a goal" objective.

Looking forward your next update
Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby 40kguy on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:33 am

thenobodies80 wrote:Graphically speaking the map is really far to reach the CC standards. I want to be honest, you have lot of work to do on it!
I'm not asking you perfect graphics, but it's possible to have something that makes easier to look at your map and gather the infos to play it?
I found the map a bit confusing, you have some colors on it but it's hard to find a reference into the legend so it takes a while to understand how it works.
I would also suggest you to take a look at this old DJTeflon project, maybe you can take something from that map....it was a interesting concept (although there were some things to change) --> viewtopic.php?f=63&t=91234#p2100904
Your current gameplay seems to me not so funny to play, even if certainly there's room for a soccer/football map, maybe you should try to changes things a bit.
Maybe using the playing field, or remove the names and use game positions instead, then give to the positions a "special feature", e.g.: the goalkeepers can attack (or bombard) 2 steps away when he takes a goal kick, or a attacker can kick the ball and maybe score a goal...currently the only way you have to win is to eliminate all your opponents from the game, that's not exactly football! It seems more paintball in that way! :lol: I think you should add the "score a goal" objective.

Looking forward your next update
Nobodies

OK, I will try to fine out some ideas then post them for the OK of the site.
Cook 40kguy

Postby 40kguy on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Some ideas

I like the crossing, maybe make a ball at each corner where a outside midfield run up to and get a cross. Its a killer neutral because in soccer it is rare for you to get into that potion. The cross can attack (i don't know who yet. help?)

How about goalies can also punt the ball out to there forwards. I tend to do that a lot and rarely ever roll it so i think that can work also.

what about through balls? you own a through ball rout for +1?

Naming the regions base on its region

I don't like that idea. I mean they all do about the same thing. They keep the ball on the ground work it around fast and up the field. When you watch some of the good teams they rarely ever do things differently. They only thing i see them do differently is the goalie using his hands. Maybe the defenders can kick it up to the forwards or over there heads, but i dont see that much of a difference in there potions.

Now graphics

Want me to make those regions jerseys? Want me to make the lines nice? what in specific can i do to help you understand this map better?
Cook 40kguy

Postby 40kguy on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:36 am

Click image to enlarge.

Added croosballs and made jerseys.
Cook 40kguy

Re: football map [version 6]

Postby 40kguy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:23 am

Is this going to go anywhere? if its not then im not going to waste my time on this.
Cook 40kguy

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:38 am

40kguy wrote:Is this going to go anywhere? if its not then im not going to waste my time on this.

Hang in there, it is going to take time. You have a lot of support, not it is just down to finding the right take on the game to grab peoples attention.

Will give it some thought on it tonight and post tomorrow with some ideas.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Sniper08 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:40 am

i dont think he has much support as it has only been myself mainly posting here.it took the carto's a while to come in aswell.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 am

You need to practice using GIMP. It's not something you learn instantly, but there are lots of good tutorials around. Try googling for GIMP tutorials, read lots of them and try them out. You'll eventually learn skills that you can use in mapmaking.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas