Conquer Club

Colour Committee 2013 & A Sneak Peek

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Colour Committee 2013 & A Sneak Peek

Postby ender516 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:35 pm

The problem I find with the light/dark, dark/light business is that it can be somewhat dependent on the background, which the code generating the numbers has no knowledge of, and there is a crossover point: is grey dark or light?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:20 pm

ender516 wrote:The problem I find with the light/dark, dark/light business is that it can be somewhat dependent on the background, which the code generating the numbers has no knowledge of, and there is a crossover point: is grey dark or light?

Can you not put both a dark and light border on each? If the outer one blends in, the inner one will stick out.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby ender516 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:00 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
ender516 wrote:The problem I find with the light/dark, dark/light business is that it can be somewhat dependent on the background, which the code generating the numbers has no knowledge of, and there is a crossover point: is grey dark or light?

Can you not put both a dark and light border on each? If the outer one blends in, the inner one will stick out.

Yes. We are starting to go in circles on this point. That is what I said originally here, which agentcom commented on but modified to suggest light outlines on dark text and vice versa. My Greasemonkey script, the Conquer Club Contrast Corrector, or C4 (boom, baby), does the double outline.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives