Conquer Club

12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

It's About Time!!

ConquerClub, ConquerClub, CONQUERCLUB! I'm certain that you will all now rejoice with me in the fact that 12 Player Games are finally here!

With the help of bigWham and blakebowling, we were able to fast track it and get it done and out as soon as it possibly could! We would also like to extend our thanks to user khazalid for pioneering beyond the demand for 9 player and 10 player games way back in September, 2009 (yikes it's been a while)! It has certainly rejuvenated my sense of enthusiasm for the fate of ConquerClub ;). Before we start going insane with 12 player games, though, there are a few things that you, The People of Conquer Club, need to know!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. Firstly, I'll be making it very clear that 12 Player games is in BETA. No fair amount of testing could cover all of the iterations of players, game types, maps, and any other settings to ensure that all was according to plan! We have a pretty strong feeling that not too much should go amiss, but in the case that a game does not work with certain maps or settings, please report so in this thread not only to let us know, but to warn others as well! :)
  2. To keep the game as fair as we can, and with warranted maps, a Max Player setting had to be imposed on some of the maps of ConquerClub to ensure either fair gameplay or to ensure XML compatibility. Below is a list of all maps that have a Max Player cap and what it is:
    show: Max Players
  3. Unfortunately, we have not yet expanded the game engine to be able to include teams greater than our current Quadruples. This is something that is extremely code intensive that could involve major changes to the game engine, so rather than wait another four years, we decided it's best to work on it in the interim.

And with that, we arrive at Part 2 of our Announcement:

Invitation Upgrades

Another long awaited Suggestion, Invitations 3.0 are here, and here's what we have to offer:
  1. Invite upon Game Creation
  2. Accept Multiple/All Invites
  3. Cancel sent invitations
  4. Sent Invitations Are Cancelled if you Drop the Game (for those erroneous games with the wrong settings -- tournament games excluded)
  5. Invitations for Speed Games

Now on to part three:

Additional Updates
We also have a few more updates to release today, in no particular order:

We may expect a bug or two from these, but for the most part, our testers have mostly hammered out what's wrong and we're confident that everyone will benefit from what we've released! And with that, I conclude this announcement: it's been quite a hefty one! Please comment and leave feedback in this thread as we're always looking to see what you think. Best to all!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: 12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:42 pm

W00t!
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:46 pm

A great bag of updates.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Indeed!! Way to announce your arrival, bigWham! Here's hoping this is only the beginning!

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Loving the update and will be even more once blake's fixed it. Glad he's around.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:56 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Loving the update and will be even more once blake's fixed it. Glad he's around.

Agreed, blake is awesome and on top of things :)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby bigWham on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:57 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Loving the update and will be even more once blake's fixed it. Glad he's around.

fixing updates is the last (and best) part of updates!

...i'd rather have updates to fix, than no updates...
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Fire Knight on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Awesome Updates. Third Crusade should also probably be added to the list of maps with restrictions, because there are only 8 starting places, and each gets 6 troops on the "capital" territory, which would screw over 4 people if that hasn't been dealt with in some way.
Brigadier The Fire Knight

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:00 pm

bigWham wrote:
...i'd rather have updates to fix, than no updates...

Well obviously, to a degree.

Originally, if you invited someone to Team 5 or 6 it invited the chosen player to the next reserved slot, but Blake fixed that in approx. 10 mins, after uploading the updates.

Now the main problem is that I can cancel somebody else's invitation, which he's already looking into.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 pm

The speed freestyle update. ... ugh really??? What a shame speed games will never be the same. ... so Lame... The rest is nice
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Bruceswar wrote:The speed freestyle update. ... ugh really??? What a shame speed games will never be the same. ... so Lame... The rest is nice

Only thirty seconds, not really a big deal and won't affect gameplay much. What is stupid is the one hour delay on casual freestyle games; completely pointless.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Leehar on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Good things to see
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:12 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:The speed freestyle update. ... ugh really??? What a shame speed games will never be the same. ... so Lame... The rest is nice

Only thirty seconds, not really a big deal and won't affect gameplay much. What is stupid is the one hour delay on casual freestyle games; completely pointless.

There is no one hour delay. .. 12 hour if you are last
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby soundman on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Problem with game creation invites. I made a doubles game and invited the players only to have the teams get all mixed up after creation. It seems to randomly put people into the slots instead of the order I put them in.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Game 13159787
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby bigWham on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Greetings! This was based on a Suggestion. If it was truly going to ruin speed games i would hope any such issues would have been raised and dealt with in that process.

The delay on speed games is 20 seconds and 1 hour on casual. It is only the first turn. It is not clear how this is so destructive... but please clarify and I will listen.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby soundman on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Also in team games the number of spoils and the team numbers are bigger and bolder than they should be.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

soundman wrote:Problem with game creation invites. I made a doubles game and invited the players only to have the teams get all mixed up after creation. It seems to randomly put people into the slots instead of the order I put them in.

We're working on fixing that currently.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby bigWham on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Game 13159787

It is a 1 hour delay on all turns in a casual, 20 seconds on speed. It is not completely pointless because it reduces the prospects of the last person joining taking an unfair first turn advantage.... most specifically for the type of game you linked.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:21 pm

bigWham wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Greetings! This was based on a Suggestion. If it was truly going to ruin speed games i would hope any such issues would have been raised and dealt with in that process.

The delay on speed games is 20 seconds and 1 hour on casual. It is only the first turn. It is not clear how this is so destructive... but please clarify and I will listen.

Speed games delay I don't see a problem with. It will help with any lag issues, which are quite prevalent, and makes for a more even playing field which could potentially increase the amount of speed freestyle players.

However, I think it is pointless for casual games. There are 24 hours to take the turn anyway and anyone playing casual freestyle to a competitive level will check their game(s) regularly anyway, so the 1 hour delay isn't necessary. If you consider an eight player casual freestyle game, how many of those people do you think will be online in the first two hours of 24, rather than just the first one hour? The odds aren't exactly much different.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 pm

IcePack wrote:
soundman wrote:Problem with game creation invites. I made a doubles game and invited the players only to have the teams get all mixed up after creation. It seems to randomly put people into the slots instead of the order I put them in.

We're working on fixing that currently.

This should be fixed now.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby bigWham on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:27 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
bigWham wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Speed games delay I don't see a problem with. It will help with any lag issues, which are quite prevalent, and makes for a more even playing field which could potentially increase the amount of speed freestyle players.

However, I think it is pointless for casual games. There are 24 hours to take the turn anyway and anyone playing casual freestyle to a competitive level will check their game(s) regularly anyway, so the 1 hour delay isn't necessary. If you consider an eight player casual freestyle game, how many of those people do you think will be online in the first two hours of 24, rather than just the first one hour? The odds aren't exactly much different.

I agree it's not a massive enhancement... however i see it as modestly better. The biggest impact in casual games is for 2 player I think. It is something the community, through Suggestions, asked for. I encourage everyone who cares to get over to Suggestions, because we will be taking that quite seriously from this point on!
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby ChadTomer on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:29 pm

New World should be maxed at 9 players (not 10)
General ChadTomer

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm

bigWham wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
bigWham wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

I agree it's not a massive enhancement... however i see it as modestly better. The biggest impact in casual games is for 2 player I think. It is something the community, through Suggestions, asked for. I encourage everyone who cares to get over to Suggestions, because we will be taking that quite seriously from this point on!

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=119643

For anyone interested in giving feedback.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Announcement Archives