Conquer Club

12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I'll check the speed doubles when there's one waiting for players, unless somebody else does in the meantime.

Thanks blake, appreciated.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby cairnswk on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:21 pm

blakebowling wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Guys, a small issue that needs attention is the XML tool page.
http://www.conquerclub.com/mapmaker/index.php

It now comes up with the 12 player spaces, but the extra colours are not coded in and have to be entered manually for the page to work.

I know it's probably on the drawing board... and thanks for your work. :)

Fixed. Thanks cairns

Sorry, to hassle blake...but this page is not working...i suspect the hash tags have to be removed from the page coding on lines 146/7/8/9
as it is now, the xml armies don't propogate on the map after pressing the "inspect map" or "test coordinates" buttons

Fixed.

You're fab, thank-you so much =D>
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby elonpuckhog on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:46 pm

On the create a game page, can we make some way so that I can invite to all open slots for a tourney game?
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby Gilligan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:56 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:On the create a game page, can we make some way so that I can invite to all open slots for a tourney game?

To add to this, perhaps remember the users that were invited so that multiple games can be created easily?
Major Gilligan

Postby Aysan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:55 pm

hey, speed double games has a bug or something, there is no join the game link when i start the game, no one can join them, plz check it out
Captain Aysan

Postby Swifte on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:26 am

Aysan wrote:hey, speed double games has a bug or something, there is no join the game link when i start the game, no one can join them, plz check it out

Here's what I see when I go out to Join Game - Speed Games.... seems to confirm what Aysan is reporting.

show
Colonel Swifte

Postby mcshanester29 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:46 am

elonpuckhog wrote:On the create a game page, can we make some way so that I can invite to all open slots for a tourney game?

Gilligan wrote:

To add to this, perhaps remember the users that were invited so that multiple games can be created easily?

I agree with elon...what he is saying is if you create a game for a tournament let's say 4 players it only lets you invite player 2, 3, 4 because it puts you as player number 1
Private mcshanester29

Postby plurple on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:51 am

mcshanester29 wrote:

Gilligan wrote:

I agree with elon...what he is saying is if you create a game for a tournament let's say 4 players it only lets you invite player 2, 3, 4 because it puts you as player number 1

this is what i said yesterday and blake says it will be a couple of days :)
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:02 am

Swifte wrote:
Aysan wrote:hey, speed double games has a bug or something, there is no join the game link when i start the game, no one can join them, plz check it out

Here's what I see when I go out to Join Game - Speed Games.... seems to confirm what Aysan is reporting.

show

I posted about this earlier in the thread and blake has sorted it, but I haven't had a chance to double check.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:29 am

When you try to join a game that you're foed by someone, it gives you a "Game does not exist" type error instead of telling you someone has you foed. As near as I can tell, it started doing this when this update was made.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Vlasov on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:53 am

For everyone's information, could you please post the names of ALL 12 colours (plus the colour-code letter) including the 4 new ones? This might also help people with colour-blindness issues. (P.S. I still don't know the rationale for "S" as the code for grey).
Major Vlasov

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 am

Vlasov wrote:For everyone's information, could you please post the names of ALL 12 colours (plus the colour-code letter) including the 4 new ones? This might also help people with colour-blindness issues. (P.S. I still don't know the rationale for "S" as the code for grey).

"grey" is officially "slate"
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up in the thread yet.

For the invitation upgrade, if it's a tournament game, you need to be able to invite Player 1 to the game as well as all the other players.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Also, when I invite the last player to a team, it keeps taking me back to game finder instead of back to the page with the games I already searched for.

EDIT: Actually, it's not just the last player, it's every invitation. It doesn't redirect to the page with the games listed.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:06 pm

To make these things easier for blake and his crew, can someone go through and clearly list all these things out? It will allow him to spend time coding rather than reading the forum.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:06 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:To make these things easier for blake and his crew, can someone go through and clearly list all these things out? It will allow him to spend time coding rather than reading the forum.

I made a list of about 5 things and they got dealt with. Anything tournament related I won't be aware of.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Just would like to say, these updates have brought back from inactive to playing regularly again.

I understand there are some bugs, but I have full faith that the new leadership is going to work these bugs out swiftly.

All in all, great job. :D
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:28 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:To make these things easier for blake and his crew, can someone go through and clearly list all these things out? It will allow him to spend time coding rather than reading the forum.

I made a list of about 5 things and they got dealt with. Anything tournament related I won't be aware of.

OK, was that all the stuff fixed within the first 24 hours or recently? Just see a lot of people reporting odd quirky things that I think would be good to get laid out in one place.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I basically agree with all of Bruce's points regarding freestyle, which is fairly surprising.

Just to add, I have only seen sequential players arguing for the delay and no regular freestylers. Says a lot.

There is a reason we don't play freestyle speeders...
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:58 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I basically agree with all of Bruce's points regarding freestyle, which is fairly surprising.

Just to add, I have only seen sequential players arguing for the delay and no regular freestylers. Says a lot.

There is a reason we don't play freestyle speeders...

Care to elaborate?

By the way, all the people arguing there is now more time with the twenty second delay in one minute speed games, you couldn't be more wrong; the twenty seconds is taken out of the time so there is only forty seconds to take your turn. An inexperienced speed freestyle player will certainly struggle to make a good move within that time.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:14 am

chapcrap wrote:Also, when I invite the last player to a team, it keeps taking me back to game finder instead of back to the page with the games I already searched for.

EDIT: Actually, it's not just the last player, it's every invitation. It doesn't redirect to the page with the games listed.

it does the same thing if you delete an unwanted game.

i have started a thread for it in Bugs.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 am

How long are speed game invitations supposed to last?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Swifte on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:53 am

Is "Increased Medal Cap" implemented? I can't find anyone that's got more than 30 yet. Do we need to earn an additional medal for those to trigger?
Colonel Swifte

Postby mccallan25 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 am

The one hour game delay is ridiculous! I have rotating group of 30 players that try and play our little unfriendly 6 person World 2.1 map and every unilaterally agrees, it is pointless and ridiculous. IN a game right this minute all 6 of us are online wanting to play and we must wait another 50 minutes. There went our live play free for all. Which is always one of the best games when everyone is playing at once.
Corporal 1st Class mccallan25

Postby mccallan25 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 am

bigWham wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:The speed freestyle update. ... ugh really??? What a shame speed games will never be the same. ... so Lame... The rest is nice

Only thirty seconds, not really a big deal and won't affect gameplay much. What is stupid is the one hour delay on casual freestyle games; completely pointless.

There is no one hour delay. .. 12 hour if you are last

Game 13159787

It is a 1 hour delay on all turns in a casual, 20 seconds on speed. It is not completely pointless because it reduces the prospects of the last person joining taking an unfair first turn advantage.... most specifically for the type of game you linked.

Why not make it an option for the person that creates the game????
Corporal 1st Class mccallan25

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives