Conquer Club

SOS Africa - Non-Tournament Events

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

SOS Africa - Non-Tournament Events

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:22 am

Hello Conquer Club!!

As you may have heard, we are in the middle of our second SOS Africa event, which features 16 Qualifying Tournaments on CC's several African maps, leading to a mega-tournament on Africa II.

What you may not know is that there is more to this event than just tournaments! We also have a Live Chat Safari and a photojournal contest for you! Read on for details!

The Live Chat African Safari!

Premise:

The SOS Africa Event is hosting an African Safari in Live Chat this week and we've imported a ton of African animals to the CC forums for you to find!

We will give five clues per animal as to what animal you are looking for and where. Then you must race against the other competitors to be the first person to spy all the animals. Each Safari session will have five African animals for you to search for, plus a sixth elusively hard-to-spot animal that only those with the sharpest eyes might spot. I've heard if you see that animal first, you might receive a small amount of something that ends with ...ium.

Details:

Date: Friday, October 4th
    Times: 3 African Safaris will be held that day at the following times [CC Time]:
    • 09:30
    • 14:30
    • 23:00
    Location: Live Chat, enter /join SOS Africa in the message box to join the room where the event will be held.
    Format: The first member who finds the all five African animals hidden within the CC forums wins. The winner of each session will not be allowed to compete in the following session/s. However, if you compete and are unsuccessful, you may compete in other sessions.
    Prizes: A shiny gold GA medal and a place in the SOS Africa Finals Tournament, which will be played on the Africa II map !

Forum Contest: A Photojournal of Africa

For our SOS Africa Event forum contest, we invite you to submit a photojournal of Africa. Since most of us have never been to Africa, you are welcome to pull the photos off the web and simply add your own captions. But if you have ever visited Africa or if you live there, we'd love if you to use your own photos. You will need to have a minimum of 5 photos and captions to go with them, but we suggest that you don't use more than 10 or so (your entry may be disqualified if it is too long).

Please PM me (JaneAustin) your finished photojournal and I'll post it here in this thread for all to enjoy. Sunday, October 13th (CC time) is the last day to submit your entry. Only one entry per person. Entries will be judged by a mixed panel of mods and community members. If you submit a photojournal, you are not eligible to be a judge for the contest. Entries will be judged based on photo selections, quality of captions, and creativity in using your theme (see below for some theme ideas). First, second, and third place will each win a shiny General Achievement medal. The first place winner will also receive 3 months of Premium membership and an entry into the SOS Africa Finals tournament, which will be played on the Africa II map!

Of course you can be creative and come up with an original theme for your photojournal, but here are some ideas you can also choose from or be inspired by:
  • A reporter doing a piece for a newspaper or magazine on a topic involving Africa.
  • A tourist on an African safari
  • A visitor to a specific historical site or city
  • An adventurer jaunting to spots throughout the continent and posting to their blog or Facebook for friends and family to see.

Have fun, and happy hunting!!

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Re: SOS Africa - Non-Tournament Events

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Don't miss this hunt folks... a sharp eye can net you some big rewards!
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Return to Announcement Archives