Conquer Club

Server Downtime and Data Loss

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Server Downtime and Data Loss

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:10 am

narutoserigala wrote:CC,

It looks like you are suggesting to do nothing.

Without investigating, you already concluded that my case has no merits because my opponents may have a different view.

I hope this does not represent the general attitude of CC administrators. This suggest to me a tendency to want to take the easy way out.

It is much better if you can show some more accountability. We are paying customers.

My confidence in you suddenly is eroded and I would like the matter to referred to a higher authority than you.

Naruto

Who are you appealing to? God?

You think that just because you got bad dice, CC should do something special for you? You want the owner of the site to start an investigation into the exact state of that game just because "it is a tournament game" and you ended up getting the short end of the stick? That's exactly what I want the owner of the site and the tech team doing right now, is trying to piece back together a game so that you can win.

What about the games that you got better dice in than the first time? Don't hear you asking for those games to be specially evaluated.

In short: go lay down.
Colonel agentcom

Postby lXeneXl on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:22 am

where is the backup of your back up of your back up?,@#$%$!!! Ouch on most
Major lXeneXl

Postby eightball423 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:29 am

game 13088856: after LLUA attks MR DANCER at nycardinal he had 21-1 lakeshore being 21, I used cards and afterwards I owned all of NY with 10 troops on each except for 1 troop on NY cardinal, I also had attked lakeshore Albany which I left 1 troop and lakeshore boston had 3 or 4 troops
Cadet eightball423

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:53 am

Without investigating, you already concluded that my case has no merits because my opponents may have a different view.

I hope this does not represent the general attitude of CC administrators. This suggest to me a tendency to want to take the easy way out.

It is much better if you can show some more accountability. We are paying customers.

My confidence in you suddenly is eroded and I would like the matter to referred to a higher authority than you.

Naruto

bigWham wrote:
narutoserigala wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=13346508

Thank you for attending to the data loss problem. However there are matters that you should also look into as a follow up that cannot be solved merely by crediting us 2 extra days.

Take for example the game above.

Teal had a disastrous turn before the reset. As a result, my team was in command of the game.

After the rollback, teal reset his turn and had a great round!

Now our winning game reversed to a losing game instead due to the rollback.

This is unfair to us considering that it is a tournament game.

Besides that I also had another winning game reversed as a result of your rollback.

CC, how do you intend to address the above matters?

naruto

I can only extend my condolences and apologies. Lots of good and bad luck happens in individual games and this was a (quite unfortunate) piece of bad luck for you. However, appreciate that it is simply not possible for us to go and start manipulating individual games based on how we think they should have gone. Your opponents, for example, may have a very different view of the situation in this game.... as every player in every game has there own perspective on it.

What I can assure you we are doing is putting our efforts in reducing the chances of this type of things happening again, and reducing the impact of any such scenario were it to happen. We are already re-engineering the backup processes, and discussing options for various ways of mitigating these situations. This is best way I can think of to serve the community as a whole on this matter.

So you want the admins to spend their time trying to fix every single game that was "important" to a person, instead of working on something useful? It's 2 games. I'm sorry, but your life won't end because two games got switched. If it was the other way around, you had a horrible turn and lost, then it turned into you having the best turn, would you be in here demanding that the game be reversed and you lose it?

Shit happens. You have to realize that there are about 14000+ games ongoing. And roughly 2500 tournament games. It is unfeasible for the admin to go and fix every game.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby sunking25 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:36 am

I made a mistake in one of my turns by forgetting an easy attack, your data loss and subsequent rolling back and starting again really helped, thanks guys lol
Lieutenant sunking25

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:22 am

Move on guys,
in one week u dont remember anymore
and in any tournament final-declare both to winners, end of story
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemyĀ“s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby obysan on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:36 am

Well done for getting it up and running so quickly!
Lieutenant obysan

Postby fabrice on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:55 am

betiko wrote:had some turns that really went well and that went bad for the opponent.. I guess dice don't keep this kind of stuff into consideration? lol..

Same here!
Private fabrice

Postby Tadger on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:08 am

the whole thing is a farce i lost a lot of troops in most my games , CC needs to correct this i will quit the game before the enevitalbe happens !!!!!!!!
Private Tadger

Postby Bantam on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 am

Sometimes shit happens.
Unfortunate - yes.
Will i still be breathing tomorrow - yes.
Some people need to get perspective - this is just an online game - its not real.
If your life really depends on how well you do on CC - I suggest you get out more.......

Thanks CC for being open and upfront with your communication.
Gladiators of Noxious
Major Bantam

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:01 am

You're joking ??? I had such great dice !!
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 am

This Data base issue hit my clan 2 games so far, no benfite yet.
Major Prince_Tottenham

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:32 am

People are pretty insane. :lol:

Come on guys. Have none of you played other games online? Like, I mean much bigger games that cost a lot more to play than CC. I've seen server failures happen and worse than this. I've seen it happen where they took a server offline for 24 hours, brought it back up and people were having issues over the next couple of days, so a 72 hr rollback happened with in-game items as compensation for inconvenience. People had to wait several days to get game coins credited that they paid for since the rollback point. (It was much worse and that's what could have happened here too, but they chose to act quickly) Because, that's what this is, inconvenience! You're not going to lose a night's sleep over it, so stop complaining.

It is not practical to expect the admins here on CC to spend idiotic amounts of time rebuilding data because Johnnynomates55 and MissPiggy69 are going to lose or gain a few points here and there, and then having to iron out all the issues associated with that throughout the next month. It is better to rollback to before the data corruption took place in order to rule out future outages.

I know I prefer a rollback than seeing the site taken down for however long. They did what was best for the site as a whole. To the minority of babies... Suck it up and move on. :P
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby celliottii on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:56 am

For BigWham and the rest of the IT crew...

Thanks for restoring what you could. =D> =D> Everyone got shafted in a few games AND came out ahead in others...oh well, stuff happens. As an Admin for the SoC Ladder, I can speak for other Admins and Tournament Directors that this may have caused a slight hiccup in our matches, but it was nothing that couldn't be overcome with patience, grace and understanding from all the players.

Thank you, again, for all that you do!
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby AAFitz on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 am

Naruto

Suck it up cupcake!

And when they say the customer is always right, its actually implied it doesn't extend to customers like you.

Hell, I think it should be a new feature to erase 24 hours once a year, randomly.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:10 am

Shannon Apple wrote:People are pretty insane. :lol:

Come on guys. Have none of you played other games online? Like, I mean much bigger games that cost a lot more to play than CC. I've seen server failures happen and worse than this. I've seen it happen where they took a server offline for 24 hours, brought it back up and people were having issues over the next couple of days, so a 72 hr rollback happened with in-game items as compensation for inconvenience. People had to wait several days to get game coins credited that they paid for since the rollback point. (It was much worse and that's what could have happened here too, but they chose to act quickly) Because, that's what this is, inconvenience! You're not going to lose a night's sleep over it, so stop complaining.

It is not practical to expect the admins here on CC to spend idiotic amounts of time rebuilding data because Johnnynomates55 and MissPiggy69 are going to lose or gain a few points here and there, and then having to iron out all the issues associated with that throughout the next month. It is better to rollback to before the data corruption took place in order to rule out future outages.

I know I prefer a rollback than seeing the site taken down for however long. They did what was best for the site as a whole. To the minority of babies... Suck it up and move on. :P

Well said.....
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby kristieluvsgurls on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 am

AAFitz wrote:

Suck it up cupcake!

And when they say the customer is always right, its actually implied it doesn't extend to customers like you.

Hell, I think it should be a new feature to erase 24 hours once a year, randomly.

HEY!! I like this idea!! but instead how about every body gets 1 "redo" per game..like in mini golf when some people mess up a putt they yell out REDO! and then take the shot over..we could have a redo button I know I sure would love a chance to fix a bad move I made (that rare occasion..I don't make too many bad moves) :lol:
Corporal kristieluvsgurls

Postby Dustin45 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:57 am

Anthrax821 wrote:Sounds like an administrator got some bad dice and wanted to roll back the clock for ranking.....

bahahahaha

best comment
Major Dustin45

Postby Dustin45 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:03 am

timrs2001 wrote:
Dustin45 wrote:well the four freemium games doesnt help when i have 7 games going already. Makes me happy I dont pay for this anymore

How do you have 7 games going when you don't pay to be on here? I can only get 4.

wow really? My membership ran out while i still had more than 4 games remaining . So funny
Major Dustin45

Postby NapoleonII on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 am

Worse things happen in real life. I'm just glad everything is back up and running. Well done IT team.
Sergeant 1st Class NapoleonII

Postby joxter14 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:21 am

All the complaining is really funny to me. CC is a GAME. For those of us who are 'playing' CC we appreciate that it is there for our enjoyment and pastime. For those of you who are 'living' CC. Get a real life. Definitely not worth losing sleep or emotional stability over. :D

I've been playing for 4 years and this is the first time in that whole time they have had to roll back the clock. Pretty damn good, I say.
Lieutenant joxter14

Postby Lord Arioch on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:10 am

Kudos it team kudos well earned!
Major Lord Arioch

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:40 am

jigger1986 wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:People are pretty insane. :lol:

Well said.....

You're just saying that because she mentioned your clan mascot...:P
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby prior680 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:14 pm

benga wrote:Can you slow down a bit in your updates and new things, there have been a lot of setbacks lately.

now aint that the truth!!!
Lieutenant prior680

Postby OliverFA on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:53 pm

kristieluvsgurls wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

Suck it up cupcake!

HEY!! I like this idea!! but instead how about every body gets 1 "redo" per game..like in mini golf when some people mess up a putt they yell out REDO! and then take the shot over..we could have a redo button I know I sure would love a chance to fix a bad move I made (that rare occasion..I don't make too many bad moves) :lol:

We could have paid redos and rename it Conquer Club The Gathering :lol:
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives