Conquer Club

Conquer Cup VII

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Cup VII

Postby bigWham on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Link to registration: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=cup1

This Conquer Cup goes to Midgard! And as in that classic coming of age tale by K.S.S. Bobkin, there are great prizes for the brave, the cunning, and the lucky.

In fact Midgard has the most precious 1st place prize in a Conquer Cup ever...

• Winner: $500 USD Amazon Gift Certificate + 1 Red Conquer Star + 3000 Conquer Credits + Gold Super Achievement Medal
  • Finalists: $50 USD Amazon Gift Certificate + 1 Green Conquer Star + 2000 Conquer Credits + Silver Super Achievement Medal
  • Semi-Finalists: 2000 Conquer Credits + Bronze Super Achievement Medal
  • Quarter-Finalists: 500 Conquer Credits
The Conquer Cup VII will have 640 participants, first come first served. The Conquer Cup is fully automated, which means the games will automatically be created and players will be automatically matched and placed into games.

Good Luck and fair travels to ye all!
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby colton24 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Don't you get in free with premium, or am I just completely off base there?
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby dario2099 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Only 132 players?
Corporal dario2099

Postby Gilligan on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:45 pm

colton24 wrote:Don't you get in free with premium, or am I just completely off base there?

Wayyyyyy off base.
Major Gilligan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:51 pm

colton24 wrote:Don't you get in free with premium, or am I just completely off base there?

How would the site make any money off it then :-s
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby colton24 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:48 am

Only asked cause one of the options was to upgrade to permium
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:04 pm

How do past prized work? I should have an entry into this tournament, but I cannot seem to use it?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby bigWham on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Bruceswar wrote:How do past prized work? I should have an entry into this tournament, but I cannot seem to use it?

Not sure where this prize is coming from - the only prize that I know of to get entry into CC7 was placing highly in CC6. However if there are other such prizes please send the deets to king achilles who will help you out.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey, I thought we were supposed to get free entries to the next conquer cup for sharing that link on facebook lol

https://www.facebook.com/ConquerClub

post made june 25th :o
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby kizkiz on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:44 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Hey, I thought we were supposed to get free entries to the next conquer cup for sharing that link on facebook lol

That was free entry to the previous cup
Major kizkiz

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 pm

i'm in with 200 others.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:22 am

so it went from 5$ to 7$?? that's +40%!

If I remember well, when i got an Ipad i had the choice between an ipad or 450$. The finalists also had 50$
therefore, the real money prize pool has increased from 600$ to 650$ which isn't even 8% increase for a +40% entry fee.
So yeah, maybe you've put tons of conquer credits in the middle that cost practically nothing (less revenue for future conquer cups or renewed memberships though that can't be exactly quantified) but it's a bit cheeky to say that it's the most precious 1st place ever; best case scenario you multiply your bankroll by 75 instead of 90 like before. Therefore, thanks but not interested.

Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.
Major betiko

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:32 pm

kizkiz wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Hey, I thought we were supposed to get free entries to the next conquer cup for sharing that link on facebook lol

That was free entry to the previous cup

Nope... he said "anyone who didnt get a free entry will get one for the next one". But I dont really care so much as to be a pain about it, just wondering if it still stands with the new leadership so I can expect to play/not to play.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby king achilles on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Could you provide us a link to the post? If you meant this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193051

It just states, "The (Havoc) tournament is FREE TO PLAY. All that we ask is that you SHARE the Kickstarter project on Facebook or Twitter if able".

===========

If the reference post was made on June, and CCup VI started on July, it is most likely that any free entry you are referring to was pertaining to CCup VI.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:47 pm

betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.

It's an Amazon gift card. You can use it to buy an iPad from Amazon.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.

My example still works. Have you received gift cards for christmas? Not as cool as getting an actual present you ordered. Don t you prefer the way the prizes were presented for the conquer cup 6? Also i m interested to know if there is a real interest for conquer credits. There are many ways to win premium or conquer cup entries on the site throughout the year. Are conquer credits really usefull?
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm

betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

My example still works. Have you received gift cards for christmas? Not as cool as getting an actual present you ordered. Don t you prefer the way the prizes were presented for the conquer cup 6? Also i m interested to know if there is a real interest for conquer credits. There are many ways to win premium or conquer cup entries on the site throughout the year. Are conquer credits really usefull?

I would totally prefer a gift card.

For example, I already have an ipad. Do I need another one?

With a gift card, you can get whatever you want.
With an ipad, you can get an ipad.

I also don't think options to win premium or conquer cup entries are as often and as easy as you say.
Major Gilligan

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:38 pm

betiko wrote:so it went from 5$ to 7$?? that's +40%!

The last Conquer Cup was actually $7 entry fee as well. Though they did offer 3 free months premium for anyone who paid to get in. I remember this quite clearly because I took the opportunity to come back to CC for those three months as a premium.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Godd on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:06 am

need the payment pop-up window to work properly to let some of us pay to enter
Major Godd

Postby bigWham on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 am

Godd wrote:need the payment pop-up window to work properly to let some of us pay to enter

Could you clarify? Are you referring to the "Pay With Card" option when you click through to purchase? Or could you provide a screenshot?

Other people are using this without a problem so if you have an issue it may relate to your config, which we will try and diagnose and fix.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I also don't think options to win premium or conquer cup entries are as often and as easy as you say.

wouldn't an Amazon giftcard be worthless to those who don't have an Amazon in their country.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:32 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

wouldn't an Amazon giftcard be worthless to those who don't have an Amazon in their country.

In the past, other accommodations were made for those...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 pm

chapcrap wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

In the past, other accommodations were made for those...

Yes I would think they would do something special there.

How many countries don't have Amazon, though?
Major Gilligan

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Gilligan wrote:How many countries don't have Amazon, though?

It depends which sign of the China/Taiwan debate you fall on!! :evil:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Gilligan wrote:How many countries don't have Amazon, though?

It depends which sign of the China/Taiwan debate you fall on!! :evil:

I believe the Kuomingtang is the legitimate government of all of China, and it's not too late to expel the Communists from the mainland. What does that get me?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Next

Return to Announcement Archives