Conquer Club

Conquer Cup VII

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:08 pm

meh... personally speaking I prefer the gift card which is a moot point since I'm unlikely to ever win it...lol
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:46 pm

trinicardinal wrote:meh... personally speaking I prefer the gift card which is a moot point since I'm unlikely to ever win it...lol

+1
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Barduski8 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:42 am

What happened to CCVII, it looks like everything was lost in the middle of the tournament.
Captain Barduski8

Postby bigWham on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Barduski8 wrote:What happened to CCVII, it looks like everything was lost in the middle of the tournament.

CCVII has not started yet. It will start when it gets a full list of registrants.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:01 pm

bigWham wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:How do past prized work? I should have an entry into this tournament, but I cannot seem to use it?

Not sure where this prize is coming from - the only prize that I know of to get entry into CC7 was placing highly in CC6. However if there are other such prizes please send the deets to king achilles who will help you out.

Mine should be coming from the Havoc Tournament.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:01 pm

bigWham wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:How do past prized work? I should have an entry into this tournament, but I cannot seem to use it?

Not sure where this prize is coming from - the only prize that I know of to get entry into CC7 was placing highly in CC6. However if there are other such prizes please send the deets to king achilles who will help you out.

Mine should be coming from the Havoc Tournament. Which seems it is fixed.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:50 am

Any chance this can be started, 20 people have joined in the last 2 weeks and still has another 300 to go. I don't know about the rest of the players but I don't want to wait another 3 months+ to start.

Cheers,
~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:00 am

samuelc812 wrote:Any chance this can be started, 20 people have joined in the last 2 weeks and still has another 300 to go. I don't know about the rest of the players but I don't want to wait another 3 months+ to start.

Cheers,
~Sam

We're actively watching the number of registrations. We still have a few tournaments that are giving out entry to the cup, so we have to wait until at least those finish.

Once that happens, we will likely reduce the required number of players and begin the cup.
Private blakebowling

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 am

blakebowling wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:Any chance this can be started, 20 people have joined in the last 2 weeks and still has another 300 to go. I don't know about the rest of the players but I don't want to wait another 3 months+ to start.

Cheers,
~Sam

We're actively watching the number of registrations. We still have a few tournaments that are giving out entry to the cup, so we have to wait until at least those finish.

Once that happens, we will likely reduce the required number of players and begin the cup.

Ah ok, no worries.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Cheers,
~Sam

Many people including myself will get 500 credits after winning the december passport challenge and will be able to join. We re just waiting for the rewards to be distributed.

But anyway... I ve seen things go terribly with the 5th conquer cup started with less players... A true fiasco.
Major betiko

Postby bigWham on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Ok, we have sweetened the deal by throwing in some high value Red & Green Stars. The full Inventory program is still rolling out, but these rare stars are going to be quite valuable!

Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby hyposquasher on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 am

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I didn't see it anywhere near the OP... Where are the details of this tournament? Are they standard games? Team games? How many games at one time?
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:26 pm

hyposquasher wrote:I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I didn't see it anywhere near the OP... Where are the details of this tournament? Are they standard games? Team games? How many games at one time?

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=cup1

All the details are on that page. As well as registration.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Gamefreakguy on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 pm

A RED STAR!? HOW COULD YOU NOT JOIN
"Never let your fear decide your fate."
"He who controls others may be powerful but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." Lao Tzu
Major Gamefreakguy

Postby stealth99 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:34 pm

blakebowling wrote:

Cheers,
~Sam

I don't get it. It's not that 7 dollars is too much, but it is too much when the value isn't there. If I join a $7 poker tourney with 640 players, the participants are getting back $3800 in prizes. I'm not suggesting we are comparing apples to apples, but I can't imagine there is a big difference in overhead. What makes this thing so expensive?

I hope you aren't paying too much for those stars you are giving out. If you are, let me know and I can hook you up for much cheaper. :lol:
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:21 pm

stealth99 wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Cheers,
~Sam

I don't get it. It's not that 7 dollars is too much, but it is too much when the value isn't there. If I join a $7 poker tourney with 640 players, the participants are getting back $3800 in prizes. I'm not suggesting we are comparing apples to apples, but I can't imagine there is a big difference in overhead. What makes this thing so expensive?

I hope you aren't paying too much for those stars you are giving out. If you are, let me know and I can hook you up for much cheaper. :lol:

Preach it
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby MrPinky on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Yeah , sure , they make a few dollars on organizing the event. But it does takes a lot of time to organize too. Thats fair enough. Its not like a pokersite where every tournament requires no human interaction and they run 1000 tournaments a day.

50000 conquer points equal another 500 dollars that can be used for future membership or tournaments.....and then a RED star .... lol :D

I will register in a few days time. I like to support a site that gives me endless hours of fun.

Im only annoyed that I can not really use an amazon card for anything as it is impossible to ship anything to my country, so I will have to just sell it in case I win. But then again I will probably not win, so no big deal :D
Captain MrPinky

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:19 am

I'd sell it if I won. I won't buy from Amazon.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

stealth99 wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Cheers,
~Sam

People like me just won the entry without paying ;)
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:People like me just won the entry without paying ;)

8-)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:14 am

NoSurvivors wrote:

8-)

people like me won 500 credits 2 month ago and are still waiting to received them to register.

but yeah, the ratio payout/prize pool is ridiculous; and it's relatively easy to win an entry.
when it was 5$ it filled way faster... or is it because the mapisn't classic?
Major betiko

Postby Swifte on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:28 am

betiko wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

8-)

people like me won 500 credits 2 month ago and are still waiting to received them to register.

but yeah, the ratio payout/prize pool is ridiculous; and it's relatively easy to win an entry.

or is it because we've done 6 of these now, and some people are realizing they have no chance and dont want to pump in money every time :lol:
Colonel Swifte

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 am

Swifte wrote:
betiko wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

8-)

or is it because we've done 6 of these now, and some people are realizing they have no chance and dont want to pump in money every time :lol:

that too! i've personally tried just once so far, and it was really intense.... checking the game a million times a day to see if something new happened :lol:
Major betiko

Postby samuelc812 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:12 am

Let's start it!

If we're waiting on contests to finish can't their prize be for the next conquer cup, seriously this is a bit ridiculous..... By keeping people waiting for 3 months you have most likely turned people off joining the next one and each conquer cup will take longer to fill. In future a timeframe would be very useful. Say if the tournament doesn't fill within 6 weeks, then we make it a little smaller and begin.

Just sayin
Captain samuelc812

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives