Conquer Club

Updates 11/23/13 - Championships, AutoTournaments, Zombies++

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Updates 11/23/13 - Championships, AutoTournaments, Zombies++

Postby bigWham on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Greetings Conquer Clubaroos!

Who is the best player in Conquer Club? The answer depends on who you ask, and on what settings you choose. Hey, CC provides a lot of choices, so maybe there is more than one 'best', but there will be only one Champion (well actually about 10):

The Official Championships of Conquer Club are a series of Tournaments designed to find the best players in all the major categories of the Conquer Club game. In 2014 we will be launching the Championships as a rolling program of highly selective, elite tournaments pitching the best of the best against each other to determine the true Champions of Conquer Club. The first Championship will be 1v1, for details and to apply for entry go HERE.

On to our other major Tournament release...

AutoTournaments

AutoTournaments are a new system of fully automated tournaments designed to run alongside our Community Run Tournaments. Rounds and Games start automatically and are managed by the Conquer Club system. There are Prizes up for grabs, including Medals, Credits and Entry into other Tournaments such as the Conquer Cup and The Championships. More info on how the AutoTournaments work can be found on our new Tournament Help page.

There's a variety of AutoTournaments to choose from, some have entry rules and some don't... so go ahead and Join An Auto of your choice!

And there are more new features

• Zombie Spoils - Implements this Suggestion by greenoaks.
  • New Website Design - Home Page, Left Navigation and Footer have been reworked to be more consistent, tidier, screen-size flexible and space-efficient.
  • HTML Email Template - This one was released a week or so ago to make your CC email experience just that little bit nicer
  • Sequential Games with > 12 Players condensed on My Games page - For sequential games only this saves your MyGames from going into infiniscroll when you are in a Battle Royale
  • Fully Reserved Games removed from Game Searches
  • Show Teammate Spoils - Implements this Suggestion by dazerazer
  • List Player Colours in the Instructions tab - Implements this Suggestion by greenoaks
  • Beta Maps Link in Game - Implements this Suggestion by Mr_Adams
  • Maps Page Enhancement - Some small enhancements to our Maps Page including showing Games Per Month for each Map - still pursuing Qwert's Dream
  • Tournament Medals for more than 30 Tournaments won - Implements the Tournament Winners part of this Suggestion by Metsfanmax. Note: some players have erroneously had Tournaments Medals in excess of 30 issued to them - these will be removed as part of this update. Future medals will be attained according to the structure listed in the suggestion thread.

Edited to add: thanks must go to some great work from the Tournament Team (especially chapcrap), and also our Beta Testers in the delivery of these updates. If you wanted to help steer the course of this website please head to either the Suggestions Forum or consider applying to our Beta Team.

------
Sixth receptionist in line to the CC throne
Last edited by Swifte on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added link to 1v1 championship page
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Updates 11/23/13 - Championships, AutoTournaments, Zombi

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:44 pm

W00t! And I get to be the first to congratulate you!

Nice job!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby alster on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:49 pm

I'm sorry to say this, but the new front page and the new scoreboard/tournament start pages looks like you're running a shoot 'em up game for ten year old kids. It really does not add anything to the experience. Bad and annoying graphics and wastes time to click through. But good thing that the adds were gone from the front page, those made the site look unserious. But again, that good deed was undone by the new layout, looks really unserious.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Captain alster

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:54 pm

The Official Championships of Conquer Club

I cant log on here to sign up
JR's Game Profile

show
Sergeant 1st Class JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby bigWham on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:24 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:The Official Championships of Conquer Club

I cant log on here to sign up

link fixed
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby codierose on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:25 pm

why does it looks like the whole page has shifted to the left. Also why does small numbers on the left for BOB version etc. are now impossible to read dark blue with what it looks like a shadow.
Lieutenant codierose

Postby frankiebee on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Some automatic tournaments are seedes, drawn by points. What does this mean, plays the highest score against the lowest in the first round?
Colonel frankiebee

Postby bigWham on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 pm

frankiebee wrote:Some automatic tournaments are seedes, drawn by points. What does this mean, plays the highest score against the lowest in the first round?

correct. then in later rounds it is by performance in the tournament.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby frankiebee on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:46 pm

bigWham wrote:
frankiebee wrote:Some automatic tournaments are seedes, drawn by points. What does this mean, plays the highest score against the lowest in the first round?

I dont think many high ranked players would like that. If I would play the 1vs1 tournament, and a cook sign up, I could lose 100 points if the random map proves to be a lucky map like doodle... :|
Colonel frankiebee

Postby codierose on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:50 pm

frankiebee wrote:
bigWham wrote:

I dont think many high ranked players would like that. If I would play the 1vs1 tournament, and a cook sign up, I could lose 100 points if the random map proves to be a lucky map like doodle... :|

seen it tourneys before think some higher ranks like they think it gives them advantaged for first round. whilst majors and captains have a tougher first round.
Lieutenant codierose

Postby bigWham on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:51 pm

frankiebee wrote:
bigWham wrote:

Autos also have the ability to restrict entrance by Score, Rank and a multitude of other things. Going forward there will be AutoTournaments of all types.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby frankiebee on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:52 pm

bigWham wrote:
frankiebee wrote:
bigWham wrote:

Autos also have the ability to restrict entrance by Score, Rank and a multitude of other things. Going forward there will be AutoTournaments of all types.

Sounds good!
Awesome updates anyway, and the new front page is also smartphone friendly.
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Just a small suggestion and def not trying to be nit-picky. The version numbers next to all the add ons is extremely hard to read? Maybe make them a light shade of the green instead of blue, or remove the bevel/shadow. Since those numbers are so teeny, the effects and colour affect readability. Otherwise, looks cool.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:01 pm

I am not seeing the link to map thread on the game page for Beta maps. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:11 pm

spiesr wrote:I am not seeing the link to map thread on the game page for Beta maps. Am I looking in the wrong place?

It's in the upper right, next to the game number.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby bigWham on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm

spiesr wrote:I am not seeing the link to map thread on the game page for Beta maps. Am I looking in the wrong place?

this was a caching issue - should be good now!
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby bigWham on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:Just a small suggestion and def not trying to be nit-picky. The version numbers next to all the add ons is extremely hard to read? Maybe make them a light shade of the green instead of blue, or remove the bevel/shadow. Since those numbers are so teeny, the effects and colour affect readability. Otherwise, looks cool.

those should be controllable by the add-on programmers. they just need to add some override styling to their v numbers.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby codierose on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:28 pm

bigWham wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:Just a small suggestion and def not trying to be nit-picky. The version numbers next to all the add ons is extremely hard to read? Maybe make them a light shade of the green instead of blue, or remove the bevel/shadow. Since those numbers are so teeny, the effects and colour affect readability. Otherwise, looks cool.

those should be controllable by the add-on programmers. they just need to add some override styling to their v numbers.

or remove your update ;)

new login page far to big for small screens having to scroll all over the place
Lieutenant codierose

Postby bigWham on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:35 pm

codierose wrote:
bigWham wrote:

or remove your update ;)

new login page far to big for small screens having to scroll all over the place

pm me a screenshot of what you mean. dealing with every possible screen size and browser setup is very very difficult.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby soundman on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:44 pm

I don't know what others think but the homepage looks horrible. Looks like a middle school student's first attempt. What happened to a clean, professional page? Frankly I would never have entered this site if that was the page I saw.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby MajorTom 555 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Little Suggest, but every time i go back to the home page now, it looks like i have to re-login to the site, but i dont have to... But i have to press one of the top links to get back into the site (Like to get to My Games).

-MajorTom 555
Corporal MajorTom 555

Postby lokisgal on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:48 pm

I have to agree with the other posts here Not a fan at all of the home page it doesnt look professional .Also not a fan of the layout of the new way the menus are on the left

I know you likely already have but just in case have you consulted with a designer here? Not a web designer an actual graphic designer.. Its what I do for a living and there is a big difference between the 2. I think you could use the advice of an actual graphic designer to help make this look more professional.

No offense big wham..

Also you need to consider what size screens your users might be using. Right now Im on a mac book and the size of the menu on the left is really overbearing - cuts into the small size that I already have to set my maps at.

the other additions all sound like great fun!
Last edited by lokisgal on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm

lokisgal wrote:I have to agree with the other posts here Not a fan at all of the home page it doesnt look professional .Also not a fan of the layout of the new way the menus are on the left

I know you likely already have but just in case have you consulted with a designer here? Not a web designer an actual graphic designer.. Its what I do for a living and there is a big difference between the 2. I think you could use the advice of an actual graphic designer to help make this look more professional.

Join the BETA team!!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:52 pm

From the tournament pages (tournament1, etc.) there is a link to the Beta page on the upper left. Is that intended?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby lokisgal on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm

chapcrap wrote:
lokisgal wrote:I have to agree with the other posts here Not a fan at all of the home page it doesnt look professional .Also not a fan of the layout of the new way the menus are on the left

Join the BETA team!!!

IM available for a small fee ... work is tight so much as Id like to do it for nothing I cant afford to
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Announcement Archives