Conquer Club

Updates 11/23/13 - Championships, AutoTournaments, Zombies++

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 11/23/13 - Championships, AutoTournaments, Zombi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:23 am

yOu see how the word doubles is underlined? that implies it is malware. do a computer cleaning, and some of the ads should go away. the mo ad seems like a cC one
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby InnyaFacce on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:43 am

DoomYoshi wrote:yOu see how the word doubles is underlined? that implies it is malware. do a computer cleaning, and some of the ads should go away. the mo ad seems like a cC one

i was able to get rid of all the crap
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:55 am

InnyaFacce wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:yOu see how the word doubles is underlined? that implies it is malware. do a computer cleaning, and some of the ads should go away. the mo ad seems like a cC one

i was able to get rid of all the crap

glad to help; always look for the underlined words, that's the first sign.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Razorvich on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:14 am

I find it real hard to log in using my phone now, before the update I was logging in 4 -5 times per day when at work... last few days..have been real hard with the screan bouncing around all over the place. I tried once this morning got in after a few goes of wrong user name then wrong password...but not again till i got home.

I am not going to bother with the phone again, just not user friendly anymore.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Sergeant 1st Class Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Crpyt on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I like most of the updates you do and especially that they are very frequently. But please change the home site. It even needs scrolling on 1080p, what would this mean to users running smaller resolutions? Also it should not have any moving parts.
Sergeant 1st Class Crpyt

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Yeah and now you have a security breach as well. I went to log in and it said my password was incorrect wich was supposedly saved. Re-logged in as it said it was case sensitive. This is a problem, changing my pass right now.
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby MajorTom 555 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:22 pm

@Agent86 iv had that problem too, on my computer and iPhone 4S so im changing it too.
Also i really dont like the new home page... the old one was alright.
Change the home page to something new... and maybe the new update will be perfect!

-MajorTom 555
Corporal MajorTom 555

Postby Razorvich on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Razorvich wrote:I find it real hard to log in using my phone now, before the update I was logging in 4 -5 times per day when at work... last few days..have been real hard with the screan bouncing around all over the place. I tried once this morning got in after a few goes of wrong user name then wrong password...but not again till i got home.

I am not going to bother with the phone again, just not user friendly anymore.

phone is a lot better now that username and pass are remembered
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Sergeant 1st Class Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:15 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
agentcom wrote:Yeah, but how many users does that ebay site even have? I've never heard of it. I spent a couple minutes clicking around and couldn't find out anything about what types of games are even on that site.

more than 600 thousand

Haha touche :D
Colonel agentcom

Re: Updates 11/23/13 - new landing page

Postby Armandolas on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 am

tbott wrote:Just a note that the new front page is absolutely abysmal - in my opinion. The other changes are fantastic; but the landing page violates every known design principle.

this, and so many many comments like this one

ohhhhh...and this:
ndrs wrote:Sorry to say it, but this site now looks like a site I would normally avoid in fear of getting viruses on my comp.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:36 am

The new way games are listed in Join a Game and Game Finder is horrible; the way they're centralised.

Also, as Shannon explained, there should be a margin before the menus.

Plus everything everyone has already said.

We appreciate the updates, but the process needs to be more clinical.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:48 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:the process needs to be more clinical.

My wife is a nurse. I'll ask her input.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 am

chapcrap wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:the process needs to be more clinical.

My wife is a nurse. I'll ask her input.

I had a comeback for that but you're wife already has it. :-$
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby georgizhukov on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 am

Why do you make site updates that are completely incompatible with internet explorer. Granted I use firefox most often, but every now and then ill quickly click over on internet explorer, and now I can not even log in without clicking the scoreboard or something to find the login location.
Colonel georgizhukov

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:36 am

georgizhukov wrote:Why do you make site updates that are completely incompatible with internet explorer. Granted I use firefox most often, but every now and then ill quickly click over on internet explorer, and now I can not even log in without clicking the scoreboard or something to find the login location.

HA! Remember when there were extensions that could only be used by netscape or by internet explorer?
Major DoomYoshi

Postby bigWham on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 pm

georgizhukov wrote:Why do you make site updates that are completely incompatible with internet explorer. Granted I use firefox most often, but every now and then ill quickly click over on internet explorer, and now I can not even log in without clicking the scoreboard or something to find the login location.

please clarify your issue, perhaps with a screenshot. what is going wrong the login?
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:48 am

The issue is that it looks shit and childish mate
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Agent 86 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Two previous mods telling you wham that the homepage is a pile of.......( that's an expletive ) . Of course there are many things that you have achieved that are awesome. But and a big but, your homepage screams fix me!! Then the add-ons which everyone enjoys keep getting screwed with each update. All in all keep at it you will succeed.

Regards,

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby docchaos on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 pm

bigWham wrote:

please clarify your issue, perhaps with a screenshot. what is going wrong the login?

There's no use in you micromanaging every problem with the new design, because the problems aren't micromanagable. Actually there's only one problem: The whole thing.
Because you're doing such an awesome job with everything else, I didn't say anything when that horrible shadow appeared behind the logo (it's a bit 90s). But this now isn't a matter of taste alone, it's also a matter of usability. So please please please:
1. Revert to the old layout (and I mean everything, not just the landing page) as fast as possible.
2. I agree that a visual update would be good for CC, but let it be done by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Bottom line: Great job with everything else, keep that up. Terrible job on the design, revert and let some pro handle that.
Major docchaos

Postby docchaos on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:27 pm

lord voldemort wrote:The issue is that it looks shit and childish mate

No, the issue is that people thinking design is only about the looks should stay away from trying to design anything.
Major docchaos

Postby sundance123 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:37 am

docchaos wrote:1. Revert to the old layout (and I mean everything, not just the landing page) as fast as possible.
2. I agree that a visual update would be good for CC, but let it be done by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Bottom line: Great job with everything else, keep that up. Terrible job on the design, revert and let some pro handle that.

+1
Captain sundance123

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Yeah, there's no disputing the fact that the front page is really bad. I think in this case it's a matter of listening to the masses and deciding, yes, they are right, let's do something about that. All of the updates are awesome, geez, I mean, so much great stuff has happened recently, there's ironing out to do here and there with bugs, but you guys have been on it and fix them quite quickly.

The front page, that is the one thing we're all pulling apart because it is awful. If a qualified designer did that, I would shoot them lol. However, I know that the person who did it doesn't have a background in graphic design, just by looking, so they did the best that they could. +1 for the effort in trying to create something different, but it doesn't work. Management needs to admit that it's not good for the site and revert while they come up with something better. Get a professional designer's advice. There really is no other way around it.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

after a few days i don't even notice it anymore.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Carlos Danger on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Personally, I think the redesign looks a bit goofy, but that's not a big deal. However, someone made a mistake rewriting the text, which now reads "Conquer Club has taken Risk online, expanding the concept to included over 200 maps." Can that error, at least, be updated?
Captain Carlos Danger

Postby Butters1919 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Carlos Danger wrote:Personally, I think the redesign looks a bit goofy, but that's not a big deal. However, someone made a mistake rewriting the text, which now reads "Conquer Club has taken Risk online, expanding the concept to included over 200 maps." Can that error, at least, be updated?

There is a much bigger error (read: lie) on the new homepage. The claim of over 600 000 players.
Cook Butters1919

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives