Conquer Club

Updates 11/23/13 - Championships, AutoTournaments, Zombies++

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 11/23/13 - Championships, AutoTournaments, Zombi

Postby agentcom on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:03 am

Yeah, but how many users does that ebay site even have? I've never heard of it. I spent a couple minutes clicking around and couldn't find out anything about what types of games are even on that site.
Colonel agentcom

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:26 am

agentcom wrote:Yeah, but how many users does that ebay site even have? I've never heard of it. I spent a couple minutes clicking around and couldn't find out anything about what types of games are even on that site.

more than 600 thousand
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby momopost on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 am

I thought CC had been hijacked, when I saw the front page.

Sorry to say but it is just awful. It's difficult to believe there is a good strategy game hiding behind it. There was nothing wrong with the old one. Rather bring that back than this.
General momopost

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:49 am

Here's a screenshot:
show

The visible announcements go from Nov 24 to Nov 3. The map looks like it doesn't fit. Remind
me is on two different lines.

It seems that the developers have bbs syndrome. BBS plays CC inside an imax theatre, so his resolution is so huge he doesn't notice the rest of us. also, the extra pictures take time to load, and of course there is the login box problem.

Also, here is a screen comparison of the sidebar thickness:
show

we can see here that the new bar takes up less space. due to its clunky appearance, it looks like it takes up more.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:36 am

Wow that home page is ugly
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby benga on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:52 am

LEft menu just annoyed me into making stupid moves in games, I can't bare it, looks like someone is eyeing me the whole time, the balance between left and right side is no more.
Sergeant benga

Postby ndrs on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 am

Sorry to say it, but this site now looks like a site I would normally avoid in fear of getting viruses on my comp.

Also, I'm not comfortable browsing it in a public space. I think many CC's play at work, perhaps the design would benefit from reflecting that? You know, a cleaner, less "gamey" look.

I second what others have said: talking to a graphic designer would be very well worth it!
Colonel ndrs

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 am

now its look like MajorCommand site,,and this its what we want to avoid.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:35 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
agentcom wrote:Yeah, but how many users does that ebay site even have? I've never heard of it. I spent a couple minutes clicking around and couldn't find out anything about what types of games are even on that site.

more than 600 thousand

His post was tongue in cheek
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby The Voice on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am

I'm a big fan of the responsiveness. Here's a good example of a clean, responsive site: http://utah.gov/index.html

I also like the idea of a competition for the homepage revamp.

Also, also, how about using the transparent logo for the favicon?
Last edited by The Voice on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major The Voice

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:10 am

It sure is...something!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Butters1919 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:11 am

The statement that there are over 600000 players is an outright lie.
Cook Butters1919

Postby lokisgal on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks for posting this - this is exactly what I see as well and its awful. Please please change it back -it squishes things it just is visually painful. And please consider consulting with a graphic designer not a web designer on visual changes especially the front page and this side bar issue

Big Wham you said
the menu on the left did not change size. it is possible there is something odd with your setup. pm me a screen shot if you wish.
But you can see from Yoshi's screen shots it is indeed different

Also one last thing. When I navigate away from CC to another page even for just a moment when I come back I have to log in again. I used to be able to surf around and come back and still be logged in. Is this intentional or a programming issue?

Thanks!

DoomYoshi wrote:Here's a screenshot:
show

The visible announcements go from Nov 24 to Nov 3. The map looks like it doesn't fit. Remind

It seems that the developers have bbs syndrome. BBS plays CC inside an imax theatre, so his resolution is so huge he doesn't notice the rest of us. also, the extra pictures take time to load, and of course there is the login box problem.

show

we can see here that the new bar takes up less space. due to its clunky appearance, it looks like it takes up more.
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby spiesr on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:07 am

lokisgal wrote:Also one last thing. When I navigate away from CC to another page even for just a moment when I come back I have to log in again. I used to be able to surf around and come back and still be logged in. Is this intentional or a programming issue?
From my experience it appears that this is not the case. Rather the home page looks exactly the same whether or not you are logged in. If you click on one of the menu links you will still be logged in. A change is needed there, but not the one you thought I guess.
Captain spiesr

Postby happy2seeyou on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 am

The new homepage looks like a toddler vomited it out.
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:27 am

Not a huge fan of Zombie spoils but that's a big deal really.

Just wondering what Membership=F means? Nobody can join the 1v1 Championship yet?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Gilligan on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:38 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Not a huge fan of Zombie spoils but that's a big deal really.

Just wondering what Membership=F means? Nobody can join the 1v1 Championship yet?

Free members.
Major Gilligan

Postby Agent 86 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:44 am

Priorty #1 A New, New Home Page, me thinks ;)
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:51 am

Gilligan wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Not a huge fan of Zombie spoils but that's a big deal really.

Free members.

That would make sense.. :-$
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:55 am

I love the irony of AssLux tournament being on doodle earth
Major DoomYoshi

Postby niMic on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:29 pm

The new front page is hideous. I really, really can't see this remaining for more than a week. I don't quite know how it got past the design phase.
Last edited by niMic on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:39 pm

lokisgal wrote:Thanks for posting this - this is exactly what I see as well and its awful. Please please change it back -it squishes things it just is visually painful. And please consider consulting with a graphic designer not a web designer on visual changes especially the front page and this side bar issue

Big Wham you said
the menu on the left did not change size. it is possible there is something odd with your setup. pm me a screen shot if you wish.
But you can see from Yoshi's screen shots it is indeed different

Also one last thing. When I navigate away from CC to another page even for just a moment when I come back I have to log in again. I used to be able to surf around and come back and still be logged in. Is this intentional or a programming issue?

Thanks!

DoomYoshi wrote:Here's a screenshot:
show

show

I'm going to just echo everyone else's sentiment here and say that the front page is terribad. I'm actually not into slamming someone's work, but in this case, it's the number one thing new users will see and you want them to stay. The problem is that the user is being bombarded with way too much at once. You've got 4 sections which are visually unrelated. It needs to look like it's all one page. I dunno what to advise right now off the top of my head, but yeah, I see why people are being really mean towards it.

The sidebars and things are not that big of an issue and it's just a matter of tidying it a little. The text is way too close to the edge of the page, almost like your trying to save room and makes it look wider than it actually is. It needs to feel like it can breathe. This is something I quickly edited in PS (and I mean literally done in a few seconds so a bit messy) just to show what I mean and not at all saying it should look like this, more of an example. Easier to explain visually and actually more like the original.
show

Bring the the "Game Menu" "Personal Menu" etc point size down a bit if you need more room in the bars, don't squish things up to make room as it takes away from the look. I am a graphic designer, so just giving you some genuine advice. Good luck.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby alster on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm

ndrs wrote:Also, I'm not comfortable browsing it in a public space. I think many CC's play at work, perhaps the design would benefit from reflecting that? You know, a cleaner, less "gamey" look.

Yeah. Agree. I play CC at work, but today I fel really uncomfortable doing it due to the screaming graphics. When I first joined, I appreciated the serious look. And have done ever since. It's about the game, not screaming graphic. Save the cool graphic for the maps, the rest just needs to be low-key and easy to navigate.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Captain alster

Postby rappel on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:34 pm

No, No, No, No! Hold the front page!
There's been a lot of positive new stuff coming out recently, different plays, many new maps, some subtle interface changes in game etc. I'm not a major tournament user so it'll take time to get into those that the auto stuff will inevitably bring but really, to echo what a number have said that front screen is wrong on so many levels. General look, lack of side menu for consistency when you return to it, odd sub menu up in the top right. Too much going on and whatever is going on with the size I don't know how some users will use it - I have 1920 x 1080 and it needs a vertical scroll to see it all anyway.

Subtle it is not. My personal opinion is it won't attract as many thinkers as before and being selfish, that's why I play here - I get good games against good opponents who by and large are polite and considerate when they aren't frustrated as whotsit with the game outcomes.

Get rid of it. Please. I've been part of the silent majority for a long time and I'd rather be back there than speaking out in public.
Captain rappel

Postby InnyaFacce on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 am

EDIT - everything worked itself out
Last edited by InnyaFacce on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives