Conquer Club

New Year, A Birthday, and Cake!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New Year, A Birthday, and Cake!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 am

betiko wrote:So which of the speed freaks won the most BRs this week end?

FF? Gab? Nos? Kog? Caf?

It started extremely bad for me, so many times second or third... But at the end of the day i won 3 and got my shiny silver BR! :D

Gabriel got the most and the other three picked up more than me definitely. I took seven wins and around 2-300pts in the end since all my wins were terminator games. Generally pleased for my first weekend of battle royales and thoroughly enjoyed it all, although frustrated I couldn't get that last win for the gold medal!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby lokisgal on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 pm

I was very disappointed to see that all the games were FS . I play on a lap top no mouse so fs is out. Seems like a pretty crappy decision
and in case I missed a sequential note that I was checking at least 5 - 6 times a day every day of the challenge and all I ever saw was FS

was told there would be some on Sunday but I saw nary a one :(
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:07 pm

lokisgal wrote:I was very disappointed to see that all the games were FS . I play on a lap top no mouse so fs is out. Seems like a pretty crappy decision
Who has the time to actually play a sequential speed BR?
Captain spiesr

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:08 pm

lokisgal wrote:I was very disappointed to see that all the games were FS . I play on a lap top no mouse so fs is out. Seems like a pretty crappy decision
and in case I missed a sequential note that I was checking at least 5 - 6 times a day every day of the challenge and all I ever saw was FS

The reason there was no sequential was because they would take too long, even at 1 minute. There will be some 24hr sequential games, as blake said.
Major Gilligan

Postby Gabriel13 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 pm

I use a touchpad, and I'm one of the fastest players on the site!

ALso, just to brag, I won WAY more than anybody else at 29<3 I now have 41 total BR wins :)
Cook Gabriel13

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:55 pm

I've posted up the first batch of Casual (24 Hour) BR's. You can find them here.

I will post up some more later today, so that people who are only on in the later hours can get in on the fun as well.
Private blakebowling

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:04 pm

blakebowling wrote:I've posted up the first batch of Casual (24 Hour) BR's. You can find them [url=http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?submit=Search&gs[0]=W&hr=N&to=Conquer+Club+8th+Anniversary+Special&order=D&page=1]here[/url].

I will post up some more later today, so that people who are only on in the later hours can get in on the fun as well.

How many can we join?
Major Gilligan

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Gilligan wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I've posted up the first batch of Casual (24 Hour) BR's. You can find them here.

How many can we join?

There isn't specifically a limit, per-say. I'll try to make enough of them so that everyone can get in as many as they want.

A good idea may be to join one or two that you particularly like, and if there are still spots available in others tomorrow or so, then you can join those.
Private blakebowling

Postby FreeFalling123 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Standards would be appreciated. All the games I get kamikazi karl trying to make a quick point. I would love to try my hand at some sequential 24hr standard escs! ;) good work on the speeders live chat team! This year was a good year :D start preparing for next year cadets!
Major FreeFalling123

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm

FreeFalling123 wrote:Standards would be appreciated. All the games I get kamikazi karl trying to make a quick point. I would love to try my hand at some sequential 24hr standard escs! ;) good work on the speeders live chat team! This year was a good year :D start preparing for next year cadets!

There were a few standard games on the first batch, but I suppose they were full before you were able to get a spot. There will be another batch going up shortly, so stay tuned to the forums for those.
Private blakebowling

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 am

FF? Gab? Nos? Kog? Caf?

It started extremely bad for me, so many times second or third... But at the end of the day i won 3 and got my shiny silver BR! :D

My guess is NoS or KoG. I heard KOG won 3 in a row or something.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:05 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:

FF? Gab? Nos? Kog? Caf?

Gabriel won something like 25.
Major Gilligan

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:40 am

Gilligan wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

FF? Gab? Nos? Kog? Caf?

Gabby, KoG, jdsizzle, zat, me.

Not sure how many FF won though.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby agentcom on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 am

blakebowling wrote:I've posted up the first batch of Casual (24 Hour) BR's. You can find them here.

I don't see anything, and I'm checking less than 12 hours after what I can only describe as a very subtle announcement buried on the 4th page of a 5-page thread. Disappointing. Like a lot of the people here, I would've liked to see some non-freestyle games. I just don't play FS, so it's almost impossible to imagine that I'd win a speed FS BR.
Colonel agentcom

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 am

agentcom wrote:

I don't see anything, and I'm checking less than 12 hours after what I can only describe as a very subtle announcement buried on the 4th page of a 5-page thread. Disappointing. Like a lot of the people here, I would've liked to see some non-freestyle games. I just don't play FS, so it's almost impossible to imagine that I'd win a speed FS BR.

There was a link on the main page. Must have filled before you got on. He did say there were more coming.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:13 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

FF? Gab? Nos? Kog? Caf?

Gabby, KoG, jdsizzle, zat, me.

Not sure how many FF won though.

How many did you and zat get? I got 7.
Major Gilligan

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Because yesterday's batch of BR's filled up so quickly, I will be creating some more throughout the day. When there are available BR games up, a banner will be at the top of the My Games page with a link to the game finder for them.
Private blakebowling

Postby willedtowin1 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:20 pm

blakebowling wrote:Because yesterday's batch of BR's filled up so quickly, I will be creating some more throughout the day. When there are available BR games up, a banner will be at the top of the My Games page with a link to the game finder for them.

how about USA2.1
Seq.
fog esc Parachute :D
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm

I missed all the standards dangit :p I was on all night until all hours of the morning then i go to sleep and more get posted! :lol: But hey, thanks for making so many casuals Blake! This year really rocked :)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby agentcom on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 pm

blakebowling wrote:Because yesterday's batch of BR's filled up so quickly, I will be creating some more throughout the day. When there are available BR games up, a banner will be at the top of the My Games page with a link to the game finder for them.

Looks like I missed them again. Maybe it's the point of this whole thing, but it seems pretty hard to get into these games. I don't think that I'm alone in wanting to play some casual, standard, sequential BRs. Standard because low ranks can get a nice ROI in term.s just by suiciding into officers. Sequential because most people including me aren't FS pros. And casual because the weekend's over and the site decided to not do any speed sequential games at that time. I really can't believe that I'm alone in hoping that the birthday celebration would include these types of games.

Unfortunately, out of 293 games only 14 of them were standard, sequential, casual. If the settings were chosen randomly, there would've been 37 such games. If the settings had been chosen based on what people actually play when they design their own games, there would've been 169 such games (based on ratio to std, seq, cas games to all std or term games).

I'm glad that some people are having fun. (One person even said the birthday event was his favorite part of the whole site.) I'm really happy for those people, but I feel like there are probably a lot of us who are hoping for something else.
Colonel agentcom

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 pm

agentcom wrote:

Looks like I missed them again. Maybe it's the point of this whole thing, but it seems pretty hard to get into these games. I don't think that I'm alone in wanting to play some casual, standard, sequential BRs. Standard because low ranks can get a nice ROI in term.s just by suiciding into officers. Sequential because most people including me aren't FS pros. And casual because the weekend's over and the site decided to not do any speed sequential games at that time. I really can't believe that I'm alone in hoping that the birthday celebration would include these types of games.

Unfortunately, out of 293 games only 14 of them were standard, sequential, casual. If the settings were chosen randomly, there would've been 37 such games. If the settings had been chosen based on what people actually play when they design their own games, there would've been 169 such games (based on ratio to std, seq, cas games to all std or term games).

I'm glad that some people are having fun. (One person even said the birthday event was his favorite part of the whole site.) I'm really happy for those people, but I feel like there are probably a lot of us who are hoping for something else.

The BR's are largely terminator because of the massive point gains that can happen with standard games. Quite a few (about 50, IIRC) standard speed BR's were created during the event, and about half of the casual BR's created were standard.Sequential Speed BR's are typically not done because of the potential amount of time it takes to complete these games. I did create two small sequential speed BR's during the event, and while they did fill, they did take considerably longer than their freestyle counterparts. There were some sequential casual BR's that went up at the end of the event. IIRC, there were even a few standard and sequential casual BR's. I'm sorry if you missed the casual BR's as they went up, there were a total of 30 that went up in three different batches over yesterday and this morning.
Private blakebowling

Postby agentcom on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 am

I understand the breakdown of what was created ... I looked it up myself, and posted it here. I also understand your reasons why. I'm just saying that I don't agree with them. I'm also pointing out that if things were different, there's a better chance that I would've been able to play in a game that I wanted to play in. And I'm assuming that there are lots of other people like me.

It sounds like lots of people really enjoy this event, so congrats to you and everyone for a successful birthday event. That's awesome. It just doesn't seem to be designed for players like me. That's not necessarily a problem, but I figure here is the place to air the grievance that I have in hopes of seeing some change either for this event or going forward.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 am

agentcom wrote:I understand the breakdown of what was created ... I looked it up myself, and posted it here. I also understand your reasons why. I'm just saying that I don't agree with them. I'm also pointing out that if things were different, there's a better chance that I would've been able to play in a game that I wanted to play in. And I'm assuming that there are lots of other people like me.

It sounds like lots of people really enjoy this event, so congrats to you and everyone for a successful birthday event. That's awesome. It just doesn't seem to be designed for players like me. That's not necessarily a problem, but I figure here is the place to air the grievance that I have in hopes of seeing some change either for this event or going forward.

Hear, hear!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jricart on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Are you guys gonna post official results? medals for the winners?

JRT
Captain jricart

Postby agentcom on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
agentcom wrote:I understand the breakdown of what was created ... I looked it up myself, and posted it here. I also understand your reasons why. I'm just saying that I don't agree with them. I'm also pointing out that if things were different, there's a better chance that I would've been able to play in a game that I wanted to play in. And I'm assuming that there are lots of other people like me.

Hear, hear!

Also, I just took part in my first speed auto-tournament, which was fun. But those are proof of concept that you could have 30+ people hanging out waiting for a game to start, which undermines the argument against speed, sequential games. And this was on a random Tuesday night at 10 PM.
Colonel agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives