Conquer Club

Updates 01/11/14: Inventory, Scheduled Autos, Transformation

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Updates 01/11/14: Inventory, Scheduled Autos, Transformation

Postby bigWham on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Greetings Clubaroos,

May The Conquer Gods Smile Upon You!

Inventory enriches your daily lives at the club with giving you sparkling new goodies to collect.
Win inventory from Games, Tournaments or from the Conquer Gods - if you treat them right.
You will be able to use Conquer Stars to enter Tournaments with delicious prizes - keep an eye on the Tournaments page
Our initial Inventory items are the 12 Conquer Stars, painted in our playing colors, however watch out for new items in the future!
Your Inventory will collect on your personal Inventory page, available on the left nav under Medal Stats.
Some items are more rare, and more valuable, than others - check out the Inventory Help for a full run down.

More new features:

• Scheduled AutoTournaments - Scheduled start times for autotournaments allows us to run speed and special event Autos far more effectively. Watch out for some scheduled Autos on the Tournaments Page.
  • Transformation - Transformation is an expanded implementation of the Increasing / Decreasing Neutrals Suggestion by koontz1973 that allows mapmakers to control every territory on the map based on a very flexible set of rules. The new possibilities for gameplay that this opens up are endless! If you would like to participate in the Map Making revolution as it unfolds step on down to the Map Foundry.
  • Announcements on left navigation - Announcements are now more tightly integrated into the site
  • AutoTournament Upgrades - A variety of improvements and changes to Autos including changing how Speed Autos deal with offline players, showing more information on tourney pages and providing a tournaments tab in your my games section
  • Automatic Game Snapshots, from a Suggestion by BGtheBrain - Note that this implementation takes an automated snapshot after each turn you play, when using the Panel Interface. At the same time we have cleaned up the snapshot functionality on this interface.
  • Panel Interface Upgrades - Aside from the Automated Snapshots a variety of small improvements have been made to the functionality, including how Map Inspect behaves.
  • Clan Leagues - Now have a tab on the Clans Page. Historic data will be getting populated over time, as will individual pages for Leagues be rolled out.
  • "Waiting" Icon During Freestyle Waiting Period - Suggestion by Jdsizzleslice
  • Increase Escalating Spoils to Avoid Stalemates - Suggestion by FabledIntegral
  • 30+ Achievement Medal Structure - Continuing with the implementation of the Suggestion by Metsfanmax, the Tournament Achievement medals have been patched, per feedback, and the Tournament Organizer medals for 30+ Tournaments have been released

---------------
Proud member of CC, a growing web community!
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Updates 01/11/14: Inventory, Scheduled Autos, Transforma

Postby Jippd on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:10 pm

This is awesome. New announcements on left nav is awesome. Changing the front page scrolling pictures to what you did is also great.
Major Jippd

Postby codierose on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Increase Escalating Spoils to Avoid Stalemates really :lol: :lol:
move announcements further down the left nav right down
Last edited by codierose on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant codierose

Postby Lindax on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:19 pm

codierose wrote:Increase Escalating Spoils to Avoid Stalemates really :lol: :lol:

Indeed. I thought we had the round limit feature for that.... ;)

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby hwhrhett on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Lindax wrote:
codierose wrote:Increase Escalating Spoils to Avoid Stalemates really :lol: :lol:

Lx

yeah boo on changing escalating, but yay on everything else...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby ISN2 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Now it's getting hot again ;) well done ... O:)
Major ISN2

Postby -Maximus- on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Auto snaps at the beginning of games as well?
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby cowboyz on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Inventory: Waste of energy, dumb idea.
Auto tournaments: is there a forum for these? I am in plenty and have questions about how some of them are scored. If there is not one, can we create one like the old tourney's?
Tournament trophies: Can we have them manually awarded again or change back to a link to what the trophy is for?
Used to be awesome and remind you of what the win was for as well as having a link to tourney thread.
Award Reason: Winning the tournament: I've Killed None @ Transsib 1914.
Most recent one is just a generic:
Award Reason: Met requirements for Level 9 (9 Tournaments). Weak

Announcements: Great Idea
Corporal cowboyz

Postby docchaos on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:41 pm

hwhrhett wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

yeah, you don't have to implement EVERY suggestion, this would've been a candidate for the trash bin. Can you be persuaded to change it back?
Everything else: Great job, especially with the auto snaps
Major docchaos

Postby mcshanester29 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Like the updates!! What happened to the medal scoreboard though....it has totally changed with people that weren't even close to the top now on top?
Private mcshanester29

Postby Vid_FISO on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:03 pm

any way of turning off Announcements in the menu bar? I'm quite capable of navigating the forum ta and it's pushing stuff down the page that I don't want pushed doen the page.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:05 pm

docchaos wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

yeah, you don't have to implement EVERY suggestion, this would've been a candidate for the trash bin. Can you be persuaded to change it back?

It's hardly "every suggestion".

It's a debate that has gone on for almost five years. All the reasons for and against have been VERY thoroughly hashed out, and 44 of the 56 people who debated it were in favour. That's 79%, a level of agreement that you don't get very often on this site.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=535&t=192292&start=225#p4334727
The fact is, the old escalating was designed to break up logjams on the original Risk map with its 42 terts and very small bonus structure. It was totally inadequate to prevent stalemates from occurring on the huge new maps that we have on CC today.

As I explained in the original thread:
It's long overdue for an overhaul.

Escalating spoils were introduced into the original Risk game to eliminate stalemates, which were common with the original flat rate rules. The original Risk game was balanced for a map with 42 terts where, even in the unlikely event that every bonus is held, the average deploy per turn in a six player game is 7 troops each. With those kinds of deploys, the cash from escalating spoils easily breaks up any deadlocks.

Conquer Club, despite its Risky roots, has moved far beyond that. We have huge, complex maps with 70, 80, 90, 100 terts. Some have more than that. Many of them have numerous bonuses, sometimes overlapping, sometimes compounding supercontinent bonuses, plus autodeploys. On AOR3, if all bonuses are held, the average deploy per player is over 50. That's seven times more than on the Classic map. I can't even hazard a guess as to how much the average deploy per player is on a map like King's Court II. Probably in the hundreds. On these types of maps, the escalating cash is no longer good enough to break up defensive lines and prevent stalemates.

This is a long-overdue adjustment to compensate for the changing landscape in maps.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby codierose on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
docchaos wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

It's hardly "every suggestion".

It's a debate that has gone on for almost five years. All the reasons for and against have been VERY thoroughly hashed out, and 44 of the 56 people who debated it were in favour. That's 79%, a level of agreement that you don't get very often on this site.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=535&t=192292&start=225#p4334727
The fact is, the old escalating was designed to break up logjams on the original Risk map with its 42 terts and very small bonus structure. It was totally inadequate to prevent stalemates from occurring on the huge new maps that we have on CC today.

As I explained in the original thread:
It's long overdue for an overhaul.

Escalating spoils were introduced into the original Risk game to eliminate stalemates, which were common with the original flat rate rules. The original Risk game was balanced for a map with 42 terts where, even in the unlikely event that every bonus is held, the average deploy per turn in a six player game is 7 troops each. With those kinds of deploys, the cash from escalating spoils easily breaks up any deadlocks.

Conquer Club, despite its Risky roots, has moved far beyond that. We have huge, complex maps with 70, 80, 90, 100 terts. Some have more than that. Many of them have numerous bonuses, sometimes overlapping, sometimes compounding supercontinent bonuses, plus autodeploys. On AOR3, if all bonuses are held, the average deploy per player is over 50. That's seven times more than on the Classic map. I can't even hazard a guess as to how much the average deploy per player is on a map like King's Court II. Probably in the hundreds. On these types of maps, the escalating cash is no longer good enough to break up defensive lines and prevent stalemates.

This is a long-overdue adjustment to compensate for the changing landscape in maps.

woohoo cant wait to get wiped out in a game by a 1000 rainbow lucky three carder after weeks of careful playing. round limits would have sorted that problem but hayhoo. where was the poll would have liked to vote.
Lieutenant codierose

Postby D00MandD3A7H on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Game 13858367 Thanks a lot, Im sure this shit is great but if you are gonna make changes then shut the site down beforehand please
Major D00MandD3A7H

Location: Launched from : Florida | Destination : UAC Headquarters on Mars

Postby D4 Damager on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Does everyone have one star at this point? If so, then in tournament "Quest For The Stars - Violet", for example, what does the 5 electric green star symbol next to the entry requirements mean?

EDIT: never mind, I just saw you can pick up extra stars for doing things like winning games so probably by now there are people with 5 green stars
Last edited by D4 Damager on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby cowboyz on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:25 pm

D00MandD3A7H wrote:Game 13858367 Thanks a lot, Im sure this shit is great but if you are gonna make changes then shut the site down beforehand please

+10
Corporal cowboyz

Postby dgz345 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:34 pm

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/267450.user.js
removes announcement from left nav for now. until they add a option for that.
as someone said before. i check the forums daily.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby codierose on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:37 pm

you the best
can you do one for the tournaments tab in my games as well [-o< [-o< [-o<
love you lots
Lieutenant codierose

Postby Gilligan on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:38 pm

dgz345 wrote:http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/267450.user.js

there are manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy users that do not check the forum daily, I think it is a good idea to have them front and center.
Major Gilligan

Postby MrPinky on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:41 pm

C'mon guys....

Everytime something new is rolled out, most of what you get is "boo" and people crying over this and that.

Surely there are new things I like less than others, but overall I'm IMPRESSED with the massive amounts of upgrades to this site, since BigWham took over, and I'm sure the site gets better and better. We had lots of awesome updates, like polymorphic games, parachute reinforcements etc. Before everyone was so frustrated with lackattack and the never-coming updates or fixes.

So from me the guy gets a big THUMBS UP for doing a lot of work on this site. Keep it up!

And then I will live with the small things I don't like. And hey, I will visit the Suggestions forum more often, because now theres actually a good chance to influence in what direction the site develops :D
Captain MrPinky

Postby codierose on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Gilligan wrote:

there are manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy users that do not check the forum daily, I think it is a good idea to have them front and center.

agree with you nice addition just needs to be moved down a bit :D
announcements also on login page is it not or was
Lieutenant codierose

Postby blakebowling on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:45 pm

D00MandD3A7H wrote:Game 13858367 Thanks a lot, Im sure this shit is great but if you are gonna make changes then shut the site down beforehand please

This game has been deleted. If there are more speed games where players missed consecutive turns due to the updates, please send in an eTicket (via the help button at the top right) requesting that the game be deleted.
Private blakebowling

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:52 pm

MrPinky wrote:C'mon guys....

Everytime something new is rolled out, most of what you get is "boo" and people crying over this and that.

Surely there are new things I like less than others, but overall I'm IMPRESSED with the massive amounts of upgrades to this site, since BigWham took over, and I'm sure the site gets better and better. We had lots of awesome updates, like polymorphic games, parachute reinforcements etc. Before everyone was so frustrated with lackattack and the never-coming updates or fixes.

So from me the guy gets a big THUMBS UP for doing a lot of work on this site. Keep it up!

And then I will live with the small things I don't like. And hey, I will visit the Suggestions forum more often, because now theres actually a good chance to influence in what direction the site develops :D

+1

I'm personally not happy with the overemphasis on auto-tournaments. Community-run tournaments were already declining; this seems like another nail in their coffin...:(

But the fact that so many obvious improvements are being made makes me willing to look past the ones I don't like. Overall, the site is moving forward all the time now.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby dgz345 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:58 pm

codierose wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

agree with you nice addition just needs to be moved down a bit :D
announcements also on login page is it not or was

i think its a good idea to show it. but me who checks forums daily. it just take up spaces for my other menus. the optimal would be a setting in game settings
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:02 pm

docchaos wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

This was carefully considered by the Suggestions Team, and on balance we thought it was a very good addition for the site, hence our recommendation for it to be implemented. If it causes serious problems for Escalating games, we will of course revisit it. But for now, let's give it time and see whether it works as intended.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Next

Return to Announcement Archives