Conquer Club

Baltic States [3/10] V33 P34 Beta!!

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: [Official] Foundry Assistants, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:04 pm

agree with koonzt. Make the black outline like the one you have for states in the top left corner (title)
Another thing that looks strange is the sea....usually sea is darker when it becomes deeper, instead you have sarker colors near the coast line. Also the river has a different color than the rest of water on the map.

Apart for these minor things, this map can be stamped now imo
Well done Bruce =D>
Nobodies
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Not here

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby DearCyrus on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Good job, Bruce!
User avatar
Corporal DearCyrus
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Stickied for now, if there are no other major concerns, we'll get this stamped!
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 4008
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Sweet!!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:agree with koonzt. Make the black outline like the one you have for states in the top left corner (title)
Another thing that looks strange is the sea....usually sea is darker when it becomes deeper, instead you have sarker colors near the coast line. Also the river has a different color than the rest of water on the map.

Apart for these minor things, this map can be stamped now imo
Well done Bruce =D>
Nobodies


To answer. ... I can take it down slightly on the names. ....

As to the water. .. Rivers and seas are never the same color. .. hence the different colors. .. As for stroke.... I like that it is darker closer than lighter. .. Something different.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:36 pm

yeah yeah, i said it looks strange, not wrong ;)
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Not here

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:25 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:yeah yeah, i said it looks strange, not wrong ;)



Right :) I am seeing what I can do to fix the names. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby DearCyrus on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:42 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:yeah yeah, i said it looks strange, not wrong ;)

:lol:
User avatar
Corporal DearCyrus
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:57 am

Considering that there are a couple of minor graphical changes, I'm going to go ahead and stamp this!!
Image
Congrats Bruce!! You are now a mapmaker!! LOL!! =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 4008
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 am

isaiah40 wrote:Considering that there are a couple of minor graphical changes, I'm going to go ahead and stamp this!!
Image
Congrats Bruce!! You are now a mapmaker!! LOL!! =D> =D> =D>



Sweet Stamp! On to XML!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 Graphics Stamp??

Postby Seamus76 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:24 am

isaiah40 wrote:Considering that there are a couple of minor graphical changes, I'm going to go ahead and stamp this!!
Image
Congrats Bruce!! You are now a mapmaker!! LOL!! =D> =D> =D>
Nice work Bruce!!
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Cadet Seamus76
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Baltic States [7/27] V29 P29 Small Map ready??

Postby iancanton on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:29 pm

iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:with 6 border regions to defend, the riga bonus is too hard for a +5.

without more trees, u'll need to find some other way to fix the small differential between the easiest and hardest latvian bonuses, for example by increasing riga to +6 at the same time as decreasing zemgale to +1, otherwise the riga bonus is destined to be ignored in most games.

ian. :)

we're not quite there yet! the above has not been addressed.

ian. :)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:40 am
Location: europe

Re: Baltic States [7/27] V29 P29 Small Map ready??

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:49 pm

iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:with 6 border regions to defend, the riga bonus is too hard for a +5.

without more trees, u'll need to find some other way to fix the small differential between the easiest and hardest latvian bonuses, for example by increasing riga to +6 at the same time as decreasing zemgale to +1, otherwise the riga bonus is destined to be ignored in most games.

ian. :)

we're not quite there yet! the above has not been addressed.

ian. :)



it has... I am not changing it. That is final.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [7/27] V29 P29 Small Map ready??

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:with 6 border regions to defend, the riga bonus is too hard for a +5.

without more trees, u'll need to find some other way to fix the small differential between the easiest and hardest latvian bonuses, for example by increasing riga to +6 at the same time as decreasing zemgale to +1, otherwise the riga bonus is destined to be ignored in most games.

ian. :)

we're not quite there yet! the above has not been addressed.

ian. :)



it has... I am not changing it. That is final.

Sorry to ask this, but why not?
Also, the glows need to be addressed.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am

Re: Baltic States [7/27] V29 P29 Small Map ready??

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:46 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:with 6 border regions to defend, the riga bonus is too hard for a +5.

without more trees, u'll need to find some other way to fix the small differential between the easiest and hardest latvian bonuses, for example by increasing riga to +6 at the same time as decreasing zemgale to +1, otherwise the riga bonus is destined to be ignored in most games.

ian. :)

we're not quite there yet! the above has not been addressed.

ian. :)



it has... I am not changing it. That is final.

Sorry to ask this, but why not?
Also, the glows need to be addressed.



What glows? It is final because that is how I want this map to play out.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [7/27] V29 P29 Small Map ready??

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:33 am

Bruceswar wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:
iancanton wrote:with 6 border regions to defend, the riga bonus is too hard for a +5.

without more trees, u'll need to find some other way to fix the small differential between the easiest and hardest latvian bonuses, for example by increasing riga to +6 at the same time as decreasing zemgale to +1, otherwise the riga bonus is destined to be ignored in most games.

ian. :)

we're not quite there yet! the above has not been addressed.

ian. :)



it has... I am not changing it. That is final.

Sorry to ask this, but why not?
Also, the glows need to be addressed.



What glows? It is final because that is how I want this map to play out.

OK, but ian gave a good reason to do the adjustment, so why not do it? It should only take a couple of minutes to do. The glows for the names. ;)
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Gilligan on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:08 am

Bruce, as an aside, remember to check the four new colors with it as well :)

Selija and Zamgale might be an issue with player 11.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Gilligan
 
Posts: 12864
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Gilligan wrote:Bruce, as an aside, remember to check the four new colors with it as well :)

Selija and Zamgale might be an issue with player 11.



Checked and worked...

@ Koontz... Yes I am still deciding what to do with the names. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Do a watermark like you suggested to me, (I hope you were kidding) and I'll shoot ya. :)
User avatar
Major Shannon Apple
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:27 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Do a watermark like you suggested to me, (I hope you were kidding) and I'll shoot ya. :)


Yes! Great idea :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:38 am

LIke so :)

Image
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Gilligan on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm

How is this XML coming? :D
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Gilligan
 
Posts: 12864
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby t-o-m on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 pm

This is looking gorgeous!
Colonel t-o-m
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Redistributing wealth

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:04 pm

t-o-m wrote:This is looking gorgeous!



Thanks TOM... XML will start soon
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

Re: Baltic States [9/30] V33 P32 XML TIME!

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:17 am

Gilligan wrote:How is this XML coming? :D



Foxglove will get going on it soon, then you can check it :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9642
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron