Conquer Club

Slovakia - V12 - Pg 1&14

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: [Official] Foundry Assistants, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Slovakia - V12 - Pg 1&14

Postby DiM on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:34 pm

thanks bruceswar.

could a member of the cartography team upload this xml please?

http://zimmah.webs.com/slovakia1.1.xml

the one that's currently live doesn't have stredne povazie and dolny zemplin starting at 2 neutrals. it has them at 3.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby zimmah on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:53 pm

DiM wrote:thanks bruceswar.

could a member of the cartography team upload this xml please?

http://zimmah.webs.com/slovakia1.1.xml

the one that's currently live doesn't have stredne povazie and dolny zemplin starting at 2 neutrals. it has them at 3.

that one isn't fixed yet either. Use the one below, that one is fixed.

http://zimmah.webs.com/slovakia1.1b.xml
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant zimmah

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Postby DiM on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 pm

could somebody please upload this? thanks

zimmah wrote:Use the one below, that one is fixed.

http://zimmah.webs.com/slovakia1.1b.xml
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 pm

once I am added back I will try.
Corporal 1st Class Gilligan

Medals: 202
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby DiM on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:54 am

Gilligan wrote:once I am added back I will try.

any news?
Major DiM

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:08 pm

DiM wrote:

any news?

Apologizes, got caught up with classes and the holiday.

Forwarded to bigwham for upload

Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Gilligan wrote:
DiM wrote:

any news?

Apologizes, got caught up with classes and the holiday.

Forwarded to bigwham for upload

updated :D

Postby DiM on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 pm

thanks mate.
Major DiM

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:47 am

Many thanks Dim. A nice small map to play in beta. I will be playing more games here I am sure.

Being slow and old, this map did take me to the limit of what I would reasonably expect for visual clarity on a small map with basic gameplay. It took me a while to understand the bonuses and I still don’t see them at-a-glance the way one might with a traditional design that had a single colour for territories of one continent. It was not fully clear to me until play was underway that the thick blue lines were impassables. With the place names being unusual to an English eye, the font used, that is not always easy to read, adds complexity. The preceding are probably general thoughts. The one you may want to look at is that I found the background design so strong it makes it a bit of a challenge to see the territories, and their continent-affiliations. Perhaps it would be easier to view if it was closer to the opacity of the smaller version of the map in the bottom right hand corner with the continents marked? If, in effect, the borders and flags could be made to stand out a little more, it might be easier to play.

For gameplay I like the way small bonuses are relatively easily attainable – it adds interest and complexity to the game.
General laughingcavalier

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Previous

Return to Beta Maps