Conquer Club

[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (1/25/14)

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 pm

I don't understand the coding here. According to the legend, all bonuses are cumulative. I have a favored territory which is also a cavern and I have the dwellers bonus. Shouldn't I get +1 for it being favored and +1 for it being a cavern?

I am only getting +1 (according to panel interface anyway, which may be wrong).
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I don't understand the coding here. According to the legend, all bonuses are cumulative. I have a favored territory which is also a cavern and I have the dwellers bonus. Shouldn't I get +1 for it being favored and +1 for it being a cavern?

I am only getting +1 (according to panel interface anyway, which may be wrong).

the panel interface is wrong, yes - it does not understand collection bonuses or conditional borders. however, in this case, you are also right in that caverns and dwellers need a tweak. once dolomite gives me an xml i will forward it to upload.

the "troops due" column in the overview appears to be correct though. just not the bonus section of stats.
Major Gilligan

Postby jigger1986 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Ive been a fan of this map since the day it came out...

I like....the variable bonus structure
I dislike...there still seems to be some bugs in regards to being able to see my opponents on areas I dont think I should be able to.
This may not be true however, I may just need to read the legend more closely.

Thanks for the great map!
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 am

I'll upload a new xml shortly I have been so sick I haven't been online much.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Vorpal Blade on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Please explain the rules for attacking through the blood towers.

In game 14114514, green held v4 and f2 and was able to attack s2.

When red held s2 and t2 with 4 on t2, red was unable to attack either v4 or f2.

What rules apply?

thanks
Lieutenant Vorpal Blade

Postby Vorpal Blade on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Getting even more confused, in game 14114513 I held held v4 and f2 and was able to attack s2 from v4.

Please help with a rules explanation
Lieutenant Vorpal Blade

Postby SiriusCowKing on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:26 am

Vorpal Blade wrote:Getting even more confused, in game 14114513 I held held v4 and f2 and was able to attack s2 from v4.

Please help with a rules explanation

Do you have the wizard power? The wizard power is: +2 for each 2 territory next to a tower, and once you got 2 you can attack any territory next to a tower from a territory next to a tower.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby Armandolas on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:46 pm

getting a prob here..im holding yeti . Ive assaulted T1 last turn but thisd turn i couldnt make any assaults or reinforcements..shouldnt i be able to attack t2, t3 and t4 or fort t1?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Gilligan on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Armandolas wrote:getting a prob here..im holding yeti . Ive assaulted T1 last turn but thisd turn i couldnt make any assaults or reinforcements..shouldnt i be able to attack t2, t3 and t4 or fort t1?

from yeti? no. once you take a basic land, all others are blocked.
Major Gilligan

Postby Armandolas on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:31 pm

so that means im stuck there? cant even fort to my basic land?

what does it mean..territ adj to sea cannot attack sea..so what can attack the sea?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:17 pm

I think there is something wrong with the XML... here is my loss message:
2014-03-12 18:46:53 - DoomYoshi no longer holds Only Special Features

I do hold "Only Special Features"... that's why I lost... it reads weird.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Gilligan on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Armandolas wrote:so that means im stuck there? cant even fort to my basic land?

what does it mean..territ adj to sea cannot attack sea..so what can attack the sea?

only aquatic players can attack the sea.

DoomYoshi wrote:I think there is something wrong with the XML... here is my loss message:
2014-03-12 18:46:53 - DoomYoshi no longer holds Only Special Features

I do hold "Only Special Features"... that's why I lost... it reads weird.

yes that could definitely use rewording
Major Gilligan

Postby Vorpal Blade on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 am

Game 14132373 I had cosmic. In my first turn, I took a radiation region which is also my favored. The way the legend reads I would have expected to receive one bonus for the radiation and one for favored. But I did not receive the radiation bonus. Is that correct behavior?

Thanks
Lieutenant Vorpal Blade

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:34 am

Vorpal Blade wrote:Game 14132373 I had cosmic. In my first turn, I took a radiation region which is also my favored. The way the legend reads I would have expected to receive one bonus for the radiation and one for favored. But I did not receive the radiation bonus. Is that correct behavior?

Thanks

That is expected but I believe you are talking about taking D4 which is bugged.

Between a horrible cold that keeps coming back and late nights at work I haven't had much time to look into what happened to my fixes for that. I need to try and take care of that today. Perhaps during lunch.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 am

Gilligan wrote:
Armandolas wrote:getting a prob here..im holding yeti . Ive assaulted T1 last turn but thisd turn i couldnt make any assaults or reinforcements..shouldnt i be able to attack t2, t3 and t4 or fort t1?

from yeti? no. once you take a basic land, all others are blocked.

I know it seems strange but the mechanic is there to simulate a magical portal that gets cut off once you send your initial exploration force through it and only reopens when you have no presence on the map. It is the only way I could give players a choice of starting position on the map and make it more difficult for someone to figure out your position on the map in a fog of war game.

An alternative way to do this would be to allow you to assault any of your favored territories if you hold none and yo be able to reinforce any of them you control that way you could move forces that you accidentally left behind or got via reinforcements from set trade-ins.

I will see if something like that is feasible and possible to fit in the map key.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 am

I posted this about a month ago... forgot to post it in the xml check thread

=D13=
Attachments
KKFinal307b.xml
(70.84 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Cook dolomite13

Proposed Changes (3/14/14)

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:37 pm

I went back and found the changes I wanted to make to the map and added a few in red below. The maps match the changes in the text.

Please feel free to give any feedback that you can on these possible changes. Will they help balance things a bit or are they bad for the map overall.

I will make the XML changes once this has had a week or two to be commented on.

Hopefully the fixes to the current XML that I posted above will make it to the live servers soon.

=D13=

============================================================================

Bonuses
+1/3 (Min +3) attached to basic lands (as it should have been).
- No standard Territory Bonus back in effect.
This change should smooth out the early game just a bit so it is harder to knock someone off the map early and prety much keep them off the map.

Wizards
- Require holding territories that border 2 blood towers to allow the teleport (instead of 2 territories that border a blood tower)
Right now its too easy to take 2 territories and jump around the map for wizards. This will make it just a bit slower.

Barbarians
- Horde 3n (down from 5n)
- Horde required to grant the +1 per 3 basic land added bonus
This will make it necessary to take the horde to get the added bonus and may promote use of the horde as a way to travel around the board easier. I rarely see anyone use the horde as it is currently implemented.

Demonic
- Underworld 3n (down from 5n)
- Basic bonus +1 per minion (removed the added +1/2)
- Underworld required for an additional +1 per minion bonus
Similar to the horde the underworld seems to be unused by players. By tying an added bonus to it, it may now start seeing play.

Dwellers
- change the 4 caverns +2 to +4 as it is hard to get all 4 as you are spread across the map where you will no doubt run into opposition.
Being able to jump around the map for free is powerful but spreading out around the map can also work against you. This change will now grant a really good bonus provided you can get all 4 caverns.

Cosmic
- change the 2 radiation +1* to 4 radiation +4 like dwellers and caverns. Net bonus is the same just harder to get to.
Cosmic gets some nice abilities once they get to 2 territories but like dwellers they don't get rewarded for taking all 4 radiation. This increase will help that. And probably make keeping that 4th radiation out of the hands of cosmic all that muck more important.

Seas
- changed to start 1n down from 2n
- now killer 1 down from 2
With land being 3n and people leaving 1 troop behind quite often it can be much more attractive to go around seas that to cut through them for the aquatic player. This drop to 1n may make it worthwhile.

Kingdoms
- change kingdoms to be able to reinforce to favored territories you control.
This would be one way and would not work the opposite direction.
- change kingdoms so they can not assault favored territories that border blood towers.
This would decrease the possible starting territories from 4 to 3 but also limit access to the 8 most important territories on the map.

Chasms
- removing chasms and connecting the land permanently across them for all player
because the start areas are no longer the #1 of each basic land type (S1, M1, T1 etc...) players can no longer exploit the short routs between them so the extra complication is unnecessary

Cook dolomite13

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (3/14/14)

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:11 pm

What would you guys think about dumping "Cosmic" and returning to "Cultists" with the following abilities

Cultists

Radiation +1 each
Radiation ==assault==> The Bomb

The Bomb (Starts with 3n)
The Bomb ==bombards==> any radiation and forbidden lands
The Bomb autodeploys 2

=d13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:16 pm

dolomite13 wrote:What would you guys think about dumping "Cosmic" and returning to "Cultists" with the following abilities

Cultists

Radiation +1 each

The Bomb autodeploys 2

=d13=

Bomb seems overpowered long term, considering you have to go through forbidden lands to win
Major Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Gilligan wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:What would you guys think about dumping "Cosmic" and returning to "Cultists" with the following abilities

Cultists

Radiation +1 each

The Bomb autodeploys 2

=d13=

Bomb seems overpowered long term, considering you have to go through forbidden lands to win

What if the bomb could be used against any territory that bordered territories that you control instead? Including seas and forbidden lands (if you control 2 blood towers)

Cultists

Radiation +1 each

The Bomb ==bombards==> any territories that borders a territory you control
The Bomb autodeploys 2

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 pm

I don't see how that's possible with our XML restrictions, do you have an idea?
Major Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Gilligan wrote:I don't see how that's possible with our XML restrictions, do you have an idea?

Oh yea ... that came to mind just after I posted the idea... hmmm...how hard can it be to add conditional bombards ... honestly ;)

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Armandolas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:43 am

One other question. Im playing a poly game. I have one player who does not hold aquatic, but is holding an aquatic bonus(adjacent to seas)
Is that possible? (i have another player who is also not aquatic but controling 2 territs that borders a sea and so not have that bonus)

I like your suggestions of being able to reinforce from kingdoms and give the connections from chasms to all players
Colonel Armandolas

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:11 am

Armandolas wrote:One other question. Im playing a poly game. I have one player who does not hold aquatic, but is holding an aquatic bonus(adjacent to seas)
Is that possible?

I don;t see how they would be getting that bonus unless they had aquatic. I am not sure how poly works, do they hold aquatic on one of their other positions?

Armandolas wrote:I like your suggestions of being able to reinforce from kingdoms and give the connections from chasms to all players

Thanx =) I am trying hard to make the map more fun and fair but still keep the flavor and story I was going for.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:08 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I don't see how that's possible with our XML restrictions, do you have an idea?

Oh yea ... that came to mind just after I posted the idea... hmmm...how hard can it be to add conditional bombards ... honestly ;)

=D13=

I think we will forget bringing back the bomb and cultists and just go with the proposed changes I posted above.

With the current xml I am having trouble thinking of a creative way to use a territory like "the bomb".

Perhaps a conditional border. Instead of having 2 radiation grant access to other radiation and forbidden lands their could be a territory "Energize!" that radiation can assault that unlocks the connection between them.

Or maybe this ...

Energize starts with 3n
Radiation +1 bonus each
2 radiation and Energize! = radiation are adjacent
3 radiation and Energize! = radiation can assault forbidden lands
Energize! = +1 bonus per radiation

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps