Conquer Club

[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (7/3/14)

Postby Fuchsia tude on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Feature arrangements look pretty good. There are still uneven borders between the top- and bottom-most territories (damaged when you closed up the chasms, I believe); it would be nice to go over them again with a uniform-width black line with white drop shadow.

I think I'd say "Territories may bombard seas adjacent to them" in the key; now that [coastline] provides no bonus, the terms "Coastline" (instead of "adjacent to sea") won't appear in the XML anyway. (If they ever do come back, it might be good to print that in the key, though. Hmm.)

Also plains, mountains, tundra, and swamps have two favored territories on either side of one lake and one bordering another lake; desert and volcano have one between two lakes and two others bordering the other two; but forest and jungle only border two each. That could make for very different worth of the Aquatic feature, depending on what Kingdom you roll. Maybe J4 & D2, and F4 & V2, should be swapped?
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby DearCyrus on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:03 pm

on Game 14665737, I am holding 2 cosmic , but it is not letting me assault the other cosmic territories. Bug, or has there been a change not reflected in the key? I have been gone for a while and haven't kept up with the times... I see some cool things in the work for this map, but that shouldn't effect my current game. just thought you would want to know.

Congrats on Your Blue BTW, D13. I think You wear it well. ;)
Corporal 1st Class DearCyrus

Postby Fuchsia tude on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:00 pm

DearCyrus wrote:on Game 14665737, I am holding 2 cosmic , but it is not letting me assault the other cosmic territories. Bug, or has there been a change not reflected in the key? I have been gone for a while and haven't kept up with the times... I see some cool things in the work for this map, but that shouldn't effect my current game. just thought you would want to know.

Congrats on Your Blue BTW, D13. I think You wear it well. ;)

It's a bug. A new XML is in the works.
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I submitted a fix about 6 months ago for many of the problems still plaguing the map and it somehow slipped through the cracks.

I should have the new map image and new XML to send to testing in a few days.

Sorry for the delay. I have been away from CC for the past few months due to personal issues.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:16 pm

My full time job and several "for profit" evening/weekend project have kept me too busy to be able to devote any time to the new xml for the new map or to do any work on any other map.

I will have time again starting in a few weeks (I hope) However if any of the foundry regulars (who know xml realy well) want to do the new XML please contact me. I can certainly compensate someone for their time.

Sorry for my absence... I will return ... I promise.

=d13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 pm

That makes me a sad panda.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby SiriusCowKing on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Treefolks with Dwellers power capture F1 - player gets 4 next turn instead of 5.

The issue goes away when the player captures a 2nd cavern, he gets the +2 bonus for having 2 caverns.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby Vdreams on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 pm

13950268 anyone want to test it?
Corporal 1st Class Vdreams

Postby Vdreams on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 pm

in 13950268 the nukes are on! does that mean special abilities can be permanently lost?
Corporal 1st Class Vdreams

Postby Donelladan on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:07 am

yes if you are lucky with the nuke
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello folks it looks as if things in my real life are slowly approaching normal once again. And I find myself starting to think about conquer club again. About six months ago I ran out of free time and my desire to continue with CC simply went away. An attempt to find someone to do the XML for this map (for cash) failed. And I simply checked out.

I will try an fix the map and get the update done by the end of the year and will contact foundry folks to let them know of my intentions.

Sorry for my absence and for the map remaining broken for so long.

D13
Cook dolomite13

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:01 pm

I believe I have found a bug.
Game 15142967
In this game, I hold my favored territory F1, that has a cavern on it, which is also one of my extra bonus opportunities. However, I am only getting +1 in total, shouldn't I get +1 for my favored territory and +1 for holding a cavern?
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby agentcom on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:11 am

I think T2 is currently coded as a radiation and not a mine.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Lavoye on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:19 am

Having all 4 Caverns for the Dweller power only gives +3
Sergeant Lavoye

Postby Donelladan on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 pm

So dolomite disappeared.
I know we are not supposed to make modifictions on a map if we do not have the agreement from the mapmaker.
But what if it we were only fixing bug?

There is many bugs on the xml currently, bonus that do not work accordingly to the legends.
Correcting this bug would simply be doing what dolomite wanted.

Currently we can play the map with many bugs, that's really annoying. If dolomite never come back, we should either remove the map from being played, or at least let us fix the xml bug.

I may be volunteer to fix the bug.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Fuchsia tude on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Donelladan wrote:So dolomite disappeared.
I know we are not supposed to make modifictions on a map if we do not have the agreement from the mapmaker.
But what if it we were only fixing bug?

There is many bugs on the xml currently, bonus that do not work accordingly to the legends.
Correcting this bug would simply be doing what dolomite wanted.

Currently we can play the map with many bugs, that's really annoying. If dolomite never come back, we should either remove the map from being played, or at least let us fix the xml bug.

I may be volunteer to fix the bug.

However we are now playing on a version of the map image several iterations old, and the new gameplay is not yet reflected in the XML...
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby owenshooter on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:15 pm

eradicate it... just hit the "delete" button in the back office... the black jesus has spoken...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby blakebowling on Mon May 25, 2015 12:45 pm

As the mapmaker is no longer active, this map is considered abandoned. Since there are still issues with the map, I cannot quench this map for live play.

If the issues on this map can be fixed by changing XML ONLY, I will allow for those issues to be fixed. I will leave this thread here for the time being, and also leave the map in beta status. If the XML issues are not fixed within a few weeks, I will be forced to close this map and mark it as abandoned.
Private blakebowling

Postby Donelladan on Thu May 28, 2015 5:15 am

Who can fix the XML ? Can we volunteer?
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (6/6/14)

Postby Fuchsia tude on Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 pm

blakebowling wrote:As the mapmaker is no longer active, this map is considered abandoned. Since there are still issues with the map, I cannot quench this map for live play.

If the issues on this map can be fixed by changing XML ONLY, I will allow for those issues to be fixed. I will leave this thread here for the time being, and also leave the map in beta status. If the XML issues are not fixed within a few weeks, I will be forced to close this map and mark it as abandoned.

That depends. Does "XML ONLY" include updating to the most recent version of the map image?

dolomite13 wrote:Ideally I want no fewer than 2 spaces between every connected territory(radiation, minions, and caverns). I also wanted the mines and crypts to have several territories that were only 1 apart. And of course I wanted icons to not appear on the same terrain type twice. So to balance things a bit I spent a few hours moving almost every icon.

Cosmic
- Made Reactor KILLER 1
- Added Reactor assults Forbidden Lands (this is still limited by the forbidden lands/blood tower limitation)

Demonic
- Underworld will start at either 2n or 3n and your kingdom can assault the underworld. This isn't all that useful but adds something different to demonic to help differentiate it from other specials.

Miners
- Mine icons are now placed in such a way that they are near the center of the map vertically. The top 2 and bottom 2 are separated by badlands but the two groups are separated by the center of the map and 3 territories. This is more difficult and costly than the undead so holding all 4 grants +5 instead of +4 as a way to balance this.

Undead
- Crypts are now organized horizontally across the center. The left 2 and right 2 are separated by a single territory with no icons but the two groups are separated by the center of the map and 2 territories.

Thoughts?

=D13=

Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Donelladan wrote:Who can fix the XML ? Can we volunteer?

Anyone can fix the XML.

Fuchsia tude wrote:That depends. Does "XML ONLY" include updating to the most recent version of the map image?

I wasn't aware the map image was outdated. I'll look into this.
Private blakebowling

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Donelladan wrote:Who can fix the XML ? Can we volunteer?

i can try to offer any assistance with fixing the XML.
Major Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Sorry I dropped out folks... life went sideways for me for a long period of time.

I don't know if I want to make any sort of full time return but if there is interest in either the working xml for the existing map or the xml being completed for the proposed updated map then I will be willing to put in a few hours a week to try and get this finished.

I wanted to make some serious changes to the game after we saw how it played. The latest map that was posted had several balance changes made to it. I submitted an xml that fixed the one that is in play but it got lost in the shuffle.

I'm not sure if I ever submitted xml for the proposed version that was posted last but I am willing to put that together.

Any admin want to weigh in on this please?

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - The Creator Returns (8/27/15)

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:08 pm

I am going to look at the existing xml this week and then start looking at the proposed changes xml.

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - The Creator Returns (8/27/15)

Postby Donelladan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
Strong interest here !!!! If you've time will be very happy to play the new version :)
Brigadier Donelladan

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps