Conquer Club

[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (1/25/14)

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:09 am

Tripitaka wrote:Game 14002357

First turn I took P1, should have moved my men in, but didn't. Second turn deployed on Human (again a mistake since I forgot I can only attack my other favoured territories if I don't own a basic land), but when I came to fort out of Human I couldn't. How come - if I can attack P1, I should be able to fort it too.

You can only fort through attack routes. Once you take a favored territory, there is no longer an attack route to any favored territory, even the one you just took, hence you cannot fort. Any guys on Humans are stuck until you get kicked out of the basic lands.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby grunion on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 pm

In game #13910781, I hold S2, T2, J2 and D4 at the beginning of my turn. Shouldn't I be able to assault any territory bordering a blood castle? I am unable to.
Sergeant 1st Class grunion

Postby Gilligan on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:36 pm

grunion wrote:In game #13910781, I hold S2, T2, J2 and D4 at the beginning of my turn. Shouldn't I be able to assault any territory bordering a blood castle? I am unable to.

You aren't a Wizard
Major Gilligan

Postby grunion on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Gilligan wrote:
grunion wrote:In game #13910781, I hold S2, T2, J2 and D4 at the beginning of my turn. Shouldn't I be able to assault any territory bordering a blood castle? I am unable to.

You aren't a Wizard

It says "Control territories that border 2 different blood towers to unlock its impassible borders" in the general instructions area, not in the Wizard space. If I understand the power correctly, Wizards have the ability to transport between any blood tower once they hold any two.

Postby Gilligan on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:34 pm

grunion wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

You aren't a Wizard

It says "Control territories that border 2 different blood towers to unlock its impassible borders" in the general instructions area, not in the Wizard space. If I understand the power correctly, Wizards have the ability to transport between any blood tower once they hold any two.

The reference to impassible borders is to Forbidden Lands - you can see a rectangular outline around it. But I do agree with you that it should be clearer.
Major Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Gilligan wrote:
grunion wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

You aren't a Wizard

The reference to impassible borders is to Forbidden Lands - you can see a rectangular outline around it. But I do agree with you that it should be clearer.

Here is a proposed new map based on other proposed changes. Is it any clearer in the key on this map?

=D13=

Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby grunion on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:06 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
Here is a proposed new map based on other proposed changes. Is it any clearer in the key on this map?

Sorry but not really. It is the "Impassible Borders" that is the source of confusion. Perhaps just state it more plainly as "access to Forbidden Lands" if that's what is meant. For example, what are the Impassible Borders associated with the westernmost blood tower?

Bob Map Inspect does appear to indicate that I should be able to attack a blood tower from any other blood tower.

Also the "Basic Land" language is a source of confusion. I still don't really understand what a Basic Land is. I thought it just meant any land that doesn't have a symbol on it but apparently that's not the case after glancing through this thread.

Is the Aquatic bonus cumulative for every territory adjacent to a sea hex? Is that what the asterisk means? Or what exactly DO the asterisks mean?

I am really enjoying the map though! I like the boardgame feel it has.

Postby grunion on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Another nit - "Control territories that border two different blood towers" implies to me both territories that border the towers. Now I see you really only need to control one each. Maybe change it to "Control a territory that borders eaxh of two" or something similar. I can see how it is hard to come up with the precise wording of what is meant.

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:03 pm

grunion wrote:Sorry but not really. It is the "Impassible Borders" that is the source of confusion. Perhaps just state it more plainly as "access to Forbidden Lands" if that's what is meant. For example, what are the Impassible Borders associated with the westernmost blood tower?

Hmmm I will see what I can do to make it more clear.

grunion wrote:Bob Map Inspect does appear to indicate that I should be able to attack a blood tower from any other blood tower.

Bob still doesn't understand conditional borders.

grunion wrote:Also the "Basic Land" language is a source of confusion. I still don't really understand what a Basic Land is. I thought it just meant any land that doesn't have a symbol on it but apparently that's not the case after glancing through this thread.

It is any land on the main map not including seas and the forbidden lands.

grunion wrote:Is the Aquatic bonus cumulative for every territory adjacent to a sea hex? Is that what the asterisk means? Or what exactly DO the asterisks mean?

The asterisks mean you get that bonus for every set you have that matches the requirement so for Aquatic it is +1 for every 2 territories that border a sea. Their is a note in the key hat says "* = each".

grunion wrote:I am really enjoying the map though! I like the boardgame feel it has.

Thanx =)

grunion wrote:Another nit - "Control territories that border two different blood towers" implies to me both territories that border the towers. Now I see you really only need to control one each. Maybe change it to "Control a territory that borders eaxh of two" or something similar. I can see how it is hard to come up with the precise wording of what is meant.

Yea still struggling with this one.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby grunion on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:17 pm

In our game (13803184) there seem to be a number of bonus glitches - please see chat.

Postby Gilligan on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:58 pm

D, your latest post in the XML check thread does not fix some of the bonuses -

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=163962&start=45#p4369662

let me know if that is not the most recent update.
Major Gilligan

Postby cooldeals on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:28 am

If I hold 2 cosmic regions am I not supposed to be able to attack between the cosmic regions?

Edit: and the cosmic bonus on the right obviously.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:54 am

cooldeals wrote:If I hold 2 cosmic regions am I not supposed to be able to attack between the cosmic regions?

If you hold "cosmic" and 2 radiation symbols then all all radiation symbol territories should be adjacent.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 am

Gilligan wrote:D, your latest post in the XML check thread does not fix some of the bonuses -

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=163962&start=45#p4369662

let me know if that is not the most recent update.

I'll check that this evening. Sorry for the delay, I have been so sick I have had just enough energy to log on and play my games (poorly) and log off.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby cooldeals on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 am

dolomite13 wrote:
cooldeals wrote:If I hold 2 cosmic regions am I not supposed to be able to attack between the cosmic regions?

If you hold "cosmic" and 2 radiation symbols then all all radiation symbol territories should be adjacent.

=D13=

Game 14053025

I have V1, D4 and Cosmos and last round D4 was not adjacent to any radiation symbols. V1 had no troops to attack with so I don't know if it was adjacent or not.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:39 am

S4 T2 and D4 are all bugged

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby cooldeals on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:00 pm

dolomite13 wrote:S4 T2 and D4 are all bugged

=D13=

Do you know if I have D4 and V1 and Cosmic will V1 still attack the other radiation terts if D4 is bugged?
Colonel cooldeals

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 pm

cooldeals wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:S4 T2 and D4 are all bugged

=D13=

Do you know if I have D4 and V1 and Cosmic will V1 still attack the other radiation terts if D4 is bugged?

Those 3 territories don't have the proper symbols associated in the code. So no.

==D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby DearCyrus on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Still one of my favorite maps Dolomite. I like that each game is a completely different experience. The one issue that I have come across is bad dice on your first couple rolls can cost you the game if your opponent is able to build a quick bonus... While dice is unavoidable, is there any ideas floating around about balancing the start of the game? I haven't been in the forums in a while... Might be time to pull my map out of the recycle bin. ;)
Corporal 1st Class DearCyrus

Postby c c on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:43 pm

this map is just confusing to me i like the idea of it but the instructions for a first time player are not very clear . over all i love the grafics to the map and the whole dd look .
Major c c

Postby plurple on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:42 pm

i like the versatility of the map in the fact that each time you play it you will need to be playing it differently there is no one strategy i dislike that there is only one real way to win the fact that you moght get to the win in different ways but you will always win by going through the center in some way.
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 am

Dwellers is definitely the strongest special feature.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:58 am

The legend says Seas are killer 2. I don't think that's very clear. If I understand correctly, the Sea regions will always revert to a 2 neutral, but I think the legend is misguiding in that regard. Either just "killer neutral" or "reverts to 2" would be better.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby jeffjustice on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi,
Me and a friend started playing this map but cant end. We are both totally baffled by it all. She has taken all my players on the main map and I only have troops remaining in those little side power bits. How can we end this?
Private 1st Class jeffjustice

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:33 am

jeffjustice wrote:Hi,
Me and a friend started playing this map but cant end. We are both totally baffled by it all. She has taken all my players on the main map and I only have troops remaining in those little side power bits. How can we end this?

Forbidden Lands

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps