Conquer Club

WTFISTHESTOURNEMENTBBQ - [New TO: Page 3]

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: WTFISTHESTOURNEMENTBBQ - [New TO: Page 3]

Postby mcshanester29 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:43 am

Thanks for all your hard work on this tourney!!!
show

I am away from CC for a long break! John 3:16-17
Private mcshanester29

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 pm

mcshanester29 wrote:Thanks for all your hard work on this tourney!!!

No problem :]

And on another note, I'm starting Round 8 right now; two games are going, one seems almost done and the other is a bit farther from being done, but I've felt that the rest of the players have waited long enough...so I'm starting it. I hope nobody minds - feel free to message me if you do!

And...settings for Round 8:

Players: 2
Type: Standard
Troops: Manual
Order: Sequential
Spoils: Flat Rate
Reinforcements: Unlimited
Fog: No

Scoreboard is updated...games will be created & sent within the next 10 - 15 minutes.

~ditto

EDIT: Forgot to mention that when the random number of players are decided to move onto the final round, if there is a tie between players, a game will be played to determine the people moving on. For instance, if there are 5 people tied at 3 points, and only 2 of them can move on, a 5 player game will be played, and the last two remaining will move on.
Sergeant 1st Class dittoeevee8888

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Due to the fact that earlybirdbrew has deadbeated out of the tournament, lowering the numbers to 17, I have decided to drop the tournament instead of trying to find reserves. [Last time I tried, I failed to get a reserve, thus I'm not going to try again...especially when I have the easier option of dropping out.] Thus, there are 16 players, and the options for the number of people per game are 2, 4 or 8.

The game options this time:

Players: 8
Type: Assassin
Fog: No

Scoreboard will be updated, games will be created...all within the next half an hour =D

~ditto

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:36 am

So both of Round 9 games have finished, thus I will move on to Round 10, the last round before the finals!

I'm kind of iffy on the month rule I gave before, because that means the finalists would have to wait around a month and a half for the games to finish...especially because the two games have started 4 months ago and 3 months ago respectively. I'm quite sure what I had in mind with the tie-break rule was if there was a stalemate in Round 10...

I'll be PM-ing affected players to see if they mind playing their tiebreaks during Round 10, but if they wish for me to stick with my original ruling, I'll have to live with that.

Anyway, settings:

Players: 2 [I guess we probably won't be needing a tiebreak in Round 10...]
Type: Standard
Fog: Yes

I'll be updating scoreboard/sending games all within the next 30 minutes.

~ditto

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 am

Most of Round 10's games have finished, tiebreaks have been sent out & have started.

I'll be updating the scoreboard after all of Round 10's games have finished; and the random number of people chosen will be determined after the tiebreaks finish, providing that they don't take forever. If they do, I'll choose the number, and if it involves the two games needing tiebreak, I will deal with it then.

~ditto

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 pm

One of the tiebreak games is finishing up; all round 10 games have finished. Still waiting on the last tiebreak game, will be giving it a couple more weeks at least before taking any action to resolve this.

Will update the scoreboard sometime this week, currently too tired to do so right now.

~ditto

EDIT: 09/17/11 - updated all finished games to scoreboard, still waiting on last game! Giving it 'til end of Sept. and then making a decision...hopefully it'll be done by then!

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Tiebreak still going; and because I believe it has an end in sight, I am reserving judgement unless that situation has changed.

I'm hoping for it to be done within the next month though, so we can start on the finals :]

I'm also going to change the Round Limit on the finals to 50, to prevent this sort of thing from happening in that game.

~ditto

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:56 pm

dittoeevee8888 wrote:Tiebreak still going; and because I believe it has an end in sight, I am reserving judgement unless that situation has changed.

I'm hoping for it to be done within the next month though, so we can start on the finals :]

I'm also going to change the Round Limit on the finals to 50, to prevent this sort of thing from happening in that game.

~ditto

It's still going...and I'm not sure whether or not this does have an end in sight :s

At this point, I'm probably going to draw the number [sometime later, not now; maybe this weekend], and if the number shows that the game does have an effect, well, we'll see from there...

~ditto

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:51 am

And, the game has finally finished!

I apologize for those of you who have waited so long to finish up this tournament, but you'll have to wait just a bit longer as our wonderful number of participants is five, meaning all those who have four points will be having a play-off match to see who gets into the finals! Those of you who have anything more than 4 points are automatically in the finals, and all those who have less than 4 points are automatically eliminated. The last two remaining will move on to the finals.

I'm capping this round limit at 30, as I do wish to get this tournament through with. In the interests of not creating another long game, I'm choosing the cards as escalating, and the fog as sunny. If, for whatever reason it ends at 30 before everybody is eliminated, the two with the largest troop count. If there is a tie between two [or more] players, another game will be made.

And now, the settings:

Standard
Manual
Sequential
Escalating
Chained
Sunny
20 Rounds

I will be creating the games probably later today, at latest tomorrow.

~ditto

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 pm

dittoeevee8888 wrote:And, the game has finally finished!

I apologize for those of you who have waited so long to finish up this tournament, but you'll have to wait just a bit longer as our wonderful number of participants is five, meaning all those who have four points will be having a play-off match to see who gets into the finals! Those of you who have anything more than 4 points are automatically in the finals, and all those who have less than 4 points are automatically eliminated. The last two remaining will move on to the finals.

I'm capping this round limit at 30, as I do wish to get this tournament through with. In the interests of not creating another long game, I'm choosing the cards as escalating, and the fog as sunny. If, for whatever reason it ends at 30 before everybody is eliminated, the two with the largest troop count. If there is a tie between two [or more] players, another game will be made.

And now, the settings:

Standard
Manual
Sequential
Escalating
Chained
Sunny
20 Rounds 30 Rounds

I will be creating the games probably later today, at latest tomorrow.

~ditto

Game created and sent! [Sorry for it being 2-3 days after I said I'd do it.]

~ditto

EDIT: Just realized, I meant 30 rounds limit, not 20!

Postby mcshanester29 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Game 10181301 is now finished :)
show

Private mcshanester29

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:24 pm

mcshanester29 wrote:Game 10181301 is now finished :)

Thanks!

So the finals have been decided, players who have six and five points will be playing the finals with the following settings:

Type: Terminator
Order: Freestyle
Fog: Yes
Round Limit: None

I've decided to have no round limit due to the fact that as the finals, it'd really suck to have a tournament be decided by a few armies. Also, it's flat rate, which tends to take longer. Would hate to break it up in the middle of the action.

Game created, will be sent within the next five minutes!

~ditto

Postby Faro on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Final game is over. Gg guys we fought well on this one
Sergeant 1st Class Faro

Postby mcshanester29 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Faro wrote:Final game is over. Gg guys we fought well on this one

GG Faro!! Well played =D> =D>
show

Private mcshanester29

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 am

Faro wrote:Final game is over. Gg guys we fought well on this one

Congrats to Faro for winning the tourney!

And a big thank you to everybody who participated! :]

~ditto

Previous

Return to Completed 2011