Conquer Club

The Pirate Training Academy [Winner: tanjyr]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 13 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:36 am

Update

The third class has ended, where jakegreer triumphed over blacky44 and managed to find more treasures in the islands of Galapagos.

Thus 3 of our final 4 candidates have been decided, and the last class has yet to get started. While Spinal was supposed to come in to replace priorwood, he has been skiving all his other classes in various different Academies, and has been deadbeating out of classes. Thus, priorwood has been brought back to take his original place once he gets a free ship, which should be very very soon.

I apologise to all for the inconvenience and delay this is causing, I'm really really sorry that this is happening!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 16 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 am

Update

The last class of Round 3 saw priorwood coming out triumphant over denkel (8), being able to find more treasures. This earned priorwood the last spot in the Final 4, bringing a close to the bracket stage.

And with that, the first class in the final round is currently under way! The final 4 consists of 2 reserves and 2 students who were here from the start. We shall see whether the lack of training will cause the reserves to stumble against the others, or whether they will be able to come out on top.

There are many chances for important ties in this final round, and tie-breaker details will be given on such occasions. For now, just be reminded that piracy demands all-roundedness.

Good luck to the final 4!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jakegreer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:49 am

Hey I apologize for not posting on this earlier :cry:

I am semi new to tourney and still getting my bearings.

Prior to this, I always waited for pthe person hosting to tell me "it's time to play" and then I played. I havent missed any turns and just sort of assumed that was the key.

I wouldnt have checked back on this one, but you had writen to be sure to read the thread to review any rules, and I was TRUELY impressed with how well you run this tourney.

Giving reports of how each player is doing, and mvoign it along quickly.

Adding updates if one games is taking abit longer.

I am very impressed by the job you've done. I regret that I dont stil have a myspace account so I could unload a bunch of those delisious "kudos" everyone kept giving me to you (Im diabetic and as great as they are, they messed with my blood sugar) :)

I DO have a question...how come there are numbers listed after some players, some times??? Is that just where they are in the seeding?

cheers

-j-
Sergeant 1st Class jakegreer

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:48 pm

heya thanks for the compliments! :D better late than never XD haha.

yea i think most tournaments have constant updates on their tourney threads, its actually expected of the host, as stated in the tournament handbook (: this is actually only the second tourney i'm running, so i'm just doing the best i can :D

and definitely not missing turns is key! it really can quite irritating when simple games get dragged on because some people are missing their turns and all, so thanks a lot for your full participation :D (this goes out to everyone too XD) i dont have a myspace account either though... haha.

and to your question, yes the numbers are seeding that was given at the start of the tournament. of course now the ranks have changed, perhaps drastically (as in poptart's case), but personally i find the seeding irrelevant, and it was just a reference point for me to arrange the bracket. i just still include it incase anyone bothers about it (: and also...

Important!
I'll be going on a holiday out of the country on the 21st December to 27th December, so I won't be able to do updates or create games within that period as I won't have any internet access. So after this first game finishes, I'll only create the next game when I come back, and hopefully you guys can also enjoy a Merry Christmas without plotting how best to annihilate another player :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 20 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Update

The first class of the final selection process recently concluded on the High Seas, with jakegreer coming out on top over poptartpsycho18, tanjyr and priorwood, despite joining the class the last.

As such, jakegreer received 9 points for his effort, with 1 point being deducted from the original 10 for being the last to enter the arena. This puts him in a tie with poptartpsycho18 who earned 9 points for his effort in the class. Meanwhile the lack of experience on this arena for the reserves caused them to fall stumble, with tanjyr getting himself 8 points, while priorwood only managed 7 points.

With the lowest score on the table, priorwood will be removed from the Academy at this stage. However if any of the top 3 deadbeat or do not respond, priorwood will replace him/her.

Right now tanjyr is trailing the group by a single point, but he still can save himself with either a first or second place finish in the next class, unless he joins the class the last, where he has to come in first to force a tie. A before, details of tiebreakers shall be released only when they occur.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
As I said before in my previous post, the Academy shall be closed for the festive season as the teachers will be away on vacation. The Academy shall be commencing all activities on 28th December, unless any of the students want the break to stretch over the new year too, then you should tell me (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:40 am

Okay I'm back from overseas, so the next game has been started (: Thanks all for your patience (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby tanjyr on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:17 am

second game is done!

1st - tanjyr
2nd - jakegreer
3rd - poptartpsycho18
Lieutenant tanjyr

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 3 Jan '09]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:05 am

thanks for posting (:

Update

The moment we've all been waiting for has finally arrived. The final lesson of the Pirate Training Academy will commence shortly, and we will (hopefully) determine our next pirate crew member!

In the previous game, poptartpsycho18 was the first to be eliminated from the lesson, and in addition was the last to report for the class. Thus, she could not scrap up enough points to carry her to the next finals, despite her every valiant effort.

In the finals between jakegreer and tanjyr who came in as a reserve, the student who joins earlier will have the opportunity to take all glory at once if he comes out victorious, else the two will go head to head in a tie-breaker round, which will consist of three 1v1 games.

May the best pirate win!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Winner: tanjyr]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 am

Update

The last class of the schooling term saw tanjyr emerging victorious over jakegreer, being able to find more treasure despite jakegreer's best efforts to outdo him. WIth that, tanjyr has won himself a spot in the crew of pirates, and will share the riches that we get through our piracy, becoming a fully fledged pirate!

I'd like to thank everyone for their participation in this tournament, who all made this tournament a great one to host all this time. I look forward to seeing you in more of my tournaments :D
Colonel anamainiacks

Previous

Return to Completed 2009