Conquer Club

Initech Invitational I [WINNER: Hacx5nine]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: [ONGOING - Quarters] The Initech Invitational

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:27 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:DJ Teflon won Game 5015530 - Quarter-Finals - Group A - Mongol Empire
Thanks. That last Italy game in your group determines whether you or Gilligan finishes in first... then the Semis can FINALLY start!!!
Major Peter Gibbons

Re: Initech Invitational I [Semis]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Couple administrative issues to clean up.

It appears that danervinsucks is no longer active on the site. I gave him 5 days with zero response and he is no longer on the scoreboard. As such, I've given his semifinal spot to the 3rd place finisher, shoop76.

Since that messes up whether the 1st or 2nd place person is in a certain group, I've decided we don't have to wait to finish the Italy game in the Quarterfinals. So, Gilligan has been assigned to SF Group 1 and DJ Teflon has been assigned to Semi Group 2.

Let me know if anyone has questions and good luck to the remaining 8 players.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:09 pm

One game left in each semifinal group. Both will determine who goes through to the finals in second place. Good luck to those still in contention!
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm

FINALS
Player - Wins - Rounds
*Hacx5nine - 1 - 29
lipsondavid - 1 - 16
joshsoccer7 - 1 - 26
shoop76 - 1 - 50

*Hacx5nine won playoff
Last edited by Peter Gibbons on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Finally, the Final Four!

Good luck to all.
Major Peter Gibbons

Re: Initech Invitational I [Finals]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:36 pm

As the WWII Eastern Front map is hopelessly deadlocked and each player has 1 win in the final round, we have moved to a playoff (with the agreement of all 4 players).

At the request and consensus of all 4 players, the Luxembourg tiebreaker was scrapped. Instead the playoffs are on WWII Eastern Front. Head-to-head semifinals and then a final game. All tournament settings apply, except no spoils.

Good luck to all!
Major Peter Gibbons

Re: Initech Invitational I [Finals]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Well, after eight long months Hacx5nine is the winner of Initech I: Inaugural Event... despite the fact that six other Initech champs have already been crowned in the meanwhile! Congratulations to Haxc5nine!

GOLD: Hacx5nine
SILVER: shoop76
BRONZE: lipsondavid

Hacx5nine won an incredibly competitive final group. Each player won one map win each and it was all left to the WWII Eastern Front map, which resulted in a hopeless deadlock. After 100+ rounds, a playoff was agreed to on that very map. Hacx5nine and shoop76 advanced from the playoff semifinals and Hacx5nine emerged the winner in the championship match. The win capped off a long 4-round tournament that saw each player in the final group sneak through at least one of their earlier rounds with only one win. In short, this was an extremely balanced tournament that a number of players could have won with a little more luck. But in the end, there could only be one winner and it was a deserved champion: Hacx5nine.

Hacx5nine concluded the 75-game, 4-round, 40-map tournament with the following statistics: 20 games played (excluding tiebreakers) and 7 map wins. The complete stats for the Final Group participants:

1. Hacx5nine: 20 games, 7 wins
2. shoop76: 20 games, 8 wins
3. lipsondavid: 20 games, 5 wins
4. joshsoccer7: 20 games, 6 wins

Congrats again to Hacx5nine and thanks to all for playing.
Major Peter Gibbons

Previous

Return to Completed 2009