Conquer Club

TOP 250 Singles League [WINNER: GloriousL]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby Selin on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:43 am

First three matches are running now.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:42 am

I will open the next three matches on Thursday probably.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:09 pm

Matches 4,5 and 6 are ready to join now. :)

Try not to join in the same order.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:33 pm

6 matches are running now. I plan to open last 4 matches this weekend.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:53 pm

Matches 7,8,9 and 10 are ready to join now. :)

Try not to join in the same order.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:06 am

All of 10 matches are running.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:38 am

ANNOUNCEMENT

I decided to withdraw from the League due to the discussion in Match 3 of the Finals. I will deadbeat in all matches of Finals from now on.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=964170#map

Last edited by Selin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:52 pm

All of 10 matches are running.

Brigadier Selin

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Selin wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

I decided to withdraw from the League due to the discussion in Match 3 of the Finals. I will deadbeat in all matches of Finals from now on.

It is not sporty behavior, you cannot setup examples like this, Selin!
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:24 pm

AndrewB wrote:
Selin wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

It is not sporty behavior, you cannot setup examples like this, Selin!

I tried to explain the reason for it in the game chat 964170, Andrew. Basically AAFitz accused me of ignoring egatlas in the league matches and demolishing everyone else. He also stated that he hope he can prevent me from finishing in the top 3, because he doesn't think I deserved it based on what he has seen.

egatlas is an old friend of mine. We played many doubles games with him, however the last one ended about 4 months ago. I practically stopped to play doubles games, because they were primarily used to earn easy points. I like more single games, especially no card games. In those games you can really get use of your full playing skills. The reason why I'm playing risk, is not to get points, but I simply like to deserve a win with good strategies and tactics. That's also why I have never made any kind of agreements/alliances in my games, even if this results in loosing a game for me. I do whatever I see as necessary according to the situation on the board.

I invested a lot of time in organizing this league and played all of my matches with much fun, because most of the participants are proven good players and competing with them was fun. The accusation of AAFitz killed my motivation & fun to play further in this league. Some players are too much focussed on points (scoreboard or tournament) and they believe that all the others are the same like they are. They tend to believe that not attacking someone in his territory is done because either the others have a secret alliance or they are friends protecting each other etc. I tried to explain the logic behind my moves in the game chat in detail to clarify the situation. Also artur1 stated in game chat it was an interesting point AAFitz had there, indicating indirectly he is sharing AA's opinion. To avoid further speculations I decided to deadbeat all of my games in the finals, otherwise any kind of result / success would have been seen as "undeserved" at the end of the finals.

Both artur1 and jaydog sent me pm's later not to deadbeat and to continue the league, however I kindly request all participants in the finals to look at this issue also from my angle. Please respect this decision, I did it so that nobody should think of an unfair competition at the end of such a good league.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:24 am

By the way, if there is an interest of our finalists to replay those matches of the final season, I can open all the matches with 5-player option again.

Brigadier Selin

Postby AndrewB on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:56 am

I read all those comments in the game.

Yet i still believe you should continue.

You cannot allow comments of one person to dishearten you. Recently I was also called playing impartially in my tournament. But I just moved on.

Those kind of accusation is bound to happen. I was accused of it several times, and I accused others too. At the end of the day it is just a game. And you decide yourself how to react to those accusation. You can take it to heart or just ignore them.

Stopping playing is very non sporty. I believe if you ask other people they would say the same thing...
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:35 pm

7 of 10 matches are finished.
3 of 10 matches are running.

GloriousL won 4 of 7 finished matches. He is leading. =D> =D> =D> =D>

You can find updated standings as of December 10th on page 1.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:31 pm

Being in Germany for a business trip, I have no time to update the standings until the weekend (probably Saturday night).

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:30 am

I was away just for 3 days and you finished the league in between. :lol:

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:36 am

Exactly 11 months ago we started with our TOP 250 Singles League. The highest ranking 24 players, who were among the TOP 250 players of the scoreboard at that time, joined the League. 12 of them managed to be qualified for the 2. season and only best 6 of them survived for the last and final season.

As of 14th of December, 2007, last match of TOP 250 Singles League Finals is finished. GloriousL won 5 out of 10 matches in the Finals and won the TOP 250 Singles League with a huge point difference in front of AAFitz.

*******************************************************************************************

Congratulations to GloriousL, the winner of TOP 250 Singles League after 3 seasons and 30 matches in total.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

*******************************************************************************************

And special thanks to all players who participated in the TOP 250 Singles League.

Brigadier Selin

Postby GloriousL on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:39 pm

This has been a great event. I am very happy with this win, that I was able to play my very best when it really counted, in the finals.

Thanks to everyone that participated and fought hard in these games and still are fighting in some.

A huge applause to Selin, who pulled through with this tournament and made sure this one didn't end in the abandoned section. Most of the previous tournaments I've joined have ended up abandoned after a few rounds.

I am up for any tournament you set up Selin. I hope you have the time, patience and will to do something like this again.

Thank you all, cya soon on another battlefield!
Sergeant 1st Class GloriousL

Postby AAFitz on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:53 pm

It was an incredible tourney, and very professionally put together Selin. It was an honor playing with the players that made it to the last round, absolute no cards royalty, as well as all the other players.

Im sure one or two of these games will linger on for a while... though I suppose now we could all attack GL in the remaining ones out of spite....

Kind of like the gatorade dump at the end of the game........

Well done GL...
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Selin on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:05 am

After a break I may want to start another tournament again. Although I'm a fanatic of no card games, next tournament/league won't be no card only most probably. :lol:

Brigadier Selin

Postby artur1 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:02 pm

Congats. to you big G.

And a huge well done to Selin. thanks alot for this great tornament. Sign me up for your next one.
Major artur1

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:38 pm

excellent job gloriousl :D
General Blitzaholic

Previous

Return to Completed 2007