Conquer Club

TOP 250 Singles League [WINNER: GloriousL]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby Selin on Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:22 am

In order to determine the third qualified player, a qualification match is needed to break the tie in Group B.

Kahn and Master Chief will play Match # 532145. The winner will be qualified for Round 2 as the third player of Group B. The looser will be the first choice of replacement, if any of the players won't want to continue the League at the beginning of Round 2.

I gave Kahn and Master Chief another option to play 3 matches instead of 1 only. I have tried those 1 on 1 games also and found out that the starting party usually gets an advantage. To make it fair, they can choose to play 3 matches, if only both of them agree on that. So I opened two more matches 532148 and 532150. In this case, the qualified player will be the one who wins 2 out of 3 matches. Kahn and Master Chief, the choice is yours.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:27 am

Selin wrote:All qualified players for Round 2 are asked their preferences regarding following options:

1) name of 10 maps they prefer to play
2) sequential or terminator
3) flat/escalating/no card/combination of two of them/combination of 3 of them

I want to see the preferences of the majority. This will serve to define the structure of Round 2 matches. However, I reserve the right to make the final decision, which may vary from the decision of the majority.

Please don't send pms to me, but post your preferences here.

juventino, your preferences?

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 am

GloriousL,

your preferences are still missing. If you don't post, I will assume that you will follow the majority's choices.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:50 pm

So far the results of the preferences (total 9 players):

sequential/terminator: clear preference for sequential 8 votes, AAFitz gave no preference, so in total 9 out of 9 wanted sequential.
:arrow: all matches in Round 2 will be sequential

standard/terminator: only a2zsteve preferred terminator.
:arrow: all matches in Round 2 will be standard

However, taking into account the concerns of GloriousL and ZawBanjito, we may consider to give additional 2 points to the first player and additional 1 point to the second player who eliminates another one. I didn't like the idea to give +1 or 2 points for each elimination, because that might give a single party too many points in a single match. So, extra points for the first two most difficult kills only. Please post, if you like the idea or not. :idea:

no card/flat/escalating: 7 voted for no cards (2 of them said definitely no escalating, 4 of them can accept some flat rate matches, if necessary). Mepps wants a mixture of all, Incandenza prefers escalating, but accepts a mixture.
:arrow: I will wait for the remaining three players, who haven't voted yet.

This was the most discussed point during the first Round, but I see here that the majority wants no cards.
:?: Incandenza/Mepps, can you live with that?

I will open all matches at the same time, so that we can start all of them simultaneously. We may consider to increase 45 turns limit to 60 turns, if you want. Please post your ideas regarding turn limit. :idea:

maps: some of you had no preference, some of you posted different maps. So here is my suggestion that takes most of your preferences into consideration:
:arrow: Classic, Europe, Tamriel, Middle Earth, North America, Arctic, San Francisco, Great Lakes, Siege, US Senate

As it is very difficult to have a consensus on 10 different maps by 12 players, I want you to post your change requests, only if you are really against playing one of them. :idea:

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:07 pm

Well, before I make too many suggestions, I'd like to hear from the remaining qualifiers... :D

There's a bigger issue, however. Mepps is out of town and I've been playing his games. So not only is he not here to voice his suggestions, but I can't very well start playing his games in the second round (since we're in the same pool). He'll be back on the 24th, so I'd ask that we at least wait until then to start the next round. I know it sucks, but since we started this thing back in bloody February, I can't imagine you guys would mind waiting another 10 days or so.

As far as cards... let me just throw out an idea that I proposed way back when this tourney was getting started: a no cards bracket and a flat rate bracket. Just a thought.

Everything else looks fine: maps, sequential, standard, etc. I'd like to keep the cap at 45 rounds.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:28 pm

Selin wrote:In order to determine the third qualified player, a qualification match is needed to break the tie in Group B.

Kahn and Master Chief will play Match # 532145. The winner will be qualified for Round 2 as the third player of Group B. The looser will be the first choice of replacement, if any of the players won't want to continue the League at the beginning of Round 2.

I gave Kahn and Master Chief another option to play 3 matches instead of 1 only. I have tried those 1 on 1 games also and found out that the starting party usually gets an advantage. To make it fair, they can choose to play 3 matches, if only both of them agree on that. So I opened two more matches 532148 and 532150. In this case, the qualified player will be the one who wins 2 out of 3 matches. Kahn and Master Chief, the choice is yours.

Kahn, please join in.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:41 pm

Kahn read my first pm, but haven't joined the qualification match(es) yet. I sent him a second pm 2 days ago, but he haven't read that one yet.

This is the last call for Kahn to join his qualification match(es). If he won't join them in 48 hours from now on, Master Chief will proceed to the next round automatically.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:08 pm

Selin wrote:Kahn read my first pm, but haven't joined the qualification match(es) yet. I sent him a second pm 2 days ago, but he haven't read that one yet.

This is the last call for Kahn to join his qualification match(es). If he won't join them in 48 hours from now on, Master Chief will proceed to the next round automatically.

UPDATE: all three matches started

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:51 pm

Incandenza wrote:Well, before I make too many suggestions, I'd like to hear from the remaining qualifiers... :D

There's a bigger issue, however. Mepps is out of town and I've been playing his games. So not only is he not here to voice his suggestions, but I can't very well start playing his games in the second round (since we're in the same pool). He'll be back on the 24th, so I'd ask that we at least wait until then to start the next round. I know it sucks, but since we started this thing back in bloody February, I can't imagine you guys would mind waiting another 10 days or so.

As far as cards... let me just throw out an idea that I proposed way back when this tourney was getting started: a no cards bracket and a flat rate bracket. Just a thought.

Everything else looks fine: maps, sequential, standard, etc. I'd like to keep the cap at 45 rounds.

The qualifying matches will probably last until the weekend and I plan to open all matches at weekend, i.e. joining matches of Mepps shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Regarding cards options, so far the majority wants to continue no cards matches. As we defined new Groups according to the results of Round 1, a reshuffling of players in two brackets (flat and no cards) would mean ignoring their successes in Round 1. It may also lead to unbalanced groups.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:44 pm

Kahn seems to be winning the qualifying matches in Group B. That means we can start with the 2nd season next.

Regarding the game preferences there haven't been any comments except Incandenza. I assume that the majority is happy with the preferences for Season 2. I will give two more days to comment on them and than open the matches of Season 2 on Tuesday.

Please post here or send me a pm, if you are not going to join in Season 2 due to any reason, so that we can replace you before the Season begins.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:23 pm

Kahn won qualification matches in Group B and proceeded to the next Season. =D> =D>

Although Master Chief lost his qualification matches, he will be still with us in Season 2. Incandenza stated that he doesn't want to play next season :( , so Master Chief will replace him. :)

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:29 pm

Selin wrote:Although Master Chief lost his qualification matches, he will be still with us in Season 2. Incandenza stated that he doesn't want to play next season :( , so Master Chief will replace him. :)

Sorry, everyone. I just couldn't find the time, which is a shame because group B looks to be a hell of a good time.

gl everyone. And thanks again, Selin.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:07 pm

Some more private matches for practice. Password is the same as former colonel games. if needed, pm me.

:idea: You can enter all games directly by clicking game number.

6 player, standard, sequential, no card, chained

Brand new maps!
551855, Age of Merchants, FULL
551737, Battle for Australia, 3 spots left
551739, Benelux, 3 spots left
551740, Caribbean Islands, FULL
551743, Mongol Empire, 5 spots left

New age
551752, Cairns Coral Coast, 4 spots left
551754, Siege!, 5 spots left
551755, San Francisco, 5 spots left
551760, 8 Thoughts, 4 spots left
551765, Great Lakes, 5 spots left
551806, King of the Mountains, 5 spots left

Old generation
551775, North America, 4 spots left
551779, Classic, 4 spots left
551786, Space, 5 spots left
551801, Tamriel, 4 spots left
551816, Ancient Greece, 5 spots left
551825, Asia, 4 spots left
551827, Europe, 4 spots left

Last edited by Selin on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:15 pm

I have to apologize for messing up this tourney....juve asked me to play his games...and gave me his password, but I didnt see it because of what it is....i cant explain fully, but it blended into the conversation...while I was waiting for him to send the password, he deadbeated out of two games....i grabbed the rest of them in time, but one of them was on round 44, so he probably would have been alive, had I messed up...I have no idea his standing, but am extremely sorry to group B, especially juve of course
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Selin on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 am

\:D/ \:D/ Welcome to Season 2 of TOP 250 Singles League \:D/ \:D/

I opened all matches of Season 2. Passwords are same as in Season 1. First find in which Group you are, than join in matches.

DO NOT JOIN ALL MATCHES AT THE SAME TIME. Otherwise we will have 10 matches with the same playing order.
Join 2-3 matches a day allowing a variety of playing orders.

And finally...
good luck and have fun.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:36 pm

jaydog will replace juventino. juventino didn't want to continue.
Brigadier Selin

Postby RiskyMadden on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:18 pm

ya if juv didnt deadbeat in round 45 of the the 10th game i would have advanced on points by 1! no worries though...thanks for the tourney.
Major RiskyMadden

Postby Selin on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 pm

RiskyMadden wrote:ya if juv didnt deadbeat in round 45 of the the 10th game i would have advanced on points by 1! no worries though...thanks for the tourney.

That's why I asked you first to replace juventino, but you didn't want to play Season 2. So I asked next the best 4th place player having the highest points in Season 1. That was jaydog who accepted to replace juventino.

Actually it was AAFitz, who should have made the moves for juventino, however he skimmed the post of juventino asking him to take his turns in his absence. Read AAFitz' post for detail.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Mepps on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Selin,

I'm withdrawing from this singles league. Please replace me with a sub.
Colonel Mepps

Postby Selin on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:26 am

Mepps wrote:Selin,

np. I'll replace you.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:59 pm

Selin wrote:
Mepps wrote:Selin,

np. I'll replace you.

I asked Istan, steelplayin and egatlas to replace Mepps. Istan and steelplayin didn't want to replace him. egatlas accepted.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:03 pm

Selin wrote:Some more private matches for practice. Password is the same as former colonel games. if needed, pm me.

:idea: You can enter all games directly by clicking game number

6 player, standard, sequential, no card, chained

Brand new maps!
551855, Age of Merchants, FULL
551737, Battle for Australia, 2 spots left
551739, Benelux, FULL
551740, Caribbean Islands, FULL
551743, Mongol Empire, 4 spots left

New age
551752, Cairns Coral Coast, 4 spots left
551754, Siege!, CANCELLED
551755, San Francisco, CANCELLED
551760, 8 Thoughts, 4 spots left
551765, Great Lakes, CANCELLED
551806, King of the Mountains, CANCELLED

Old generation
551775, North America, 3 spots left
551779, Classic, 2 spots left
551786, Space, 4 spots left
551801, Tamriel, 3 spots left
551816, Ancient Greece, CANCELLED
551825, Asia, 3 spots left
551827, Europe, 1 spot left

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:32 pm

Last warning for Kahn:

I sent you 3 pms. Because of you Season 2 matches in Group B can't start. You have to join your matches in 48 hours from now on, otherwise I have to replace you.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:42 pm

Selin wrote:Last warning for Kahn:

I sent you 3 pms. Because of you Season 2 matches in Group B can't start. You have to join your matches in 48 hours from now on, otherwise I have to replace you.

acerun3284 replaced Kahn.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:25 pm

All matches of Season 2 are running \:D/

Finally :wink:

Brigadier Selin

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007