Conquer Club

SUPER POINT GRABBERS TOURNAMENT [CHAMPION: Timminz]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby Night Strike on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:58 am

Gozar wrote:Game 1081144

.....I GOT SERVED raises his visor to wipe the sweat from his eyes. He surveyes the mass as they crest the hill above them. How many battles, in how many campaigns, had he seen; to be bested by these brutish curs. Caked in filth in ragtag armor, these thugs had turned back his every advance, bringing him to this place in the hollow.
His choices were clear. Surrender or death. And his training left no room for surrender.
Every muscle crys out as he labors to his feet one last time, he hears the sound of his men doing the same in the hollow all around him. Well trained, even to the last.
Raising his sword, he turns to order them into battle once more. His words are lost in the cacophony from the hilltop; as the mass descends in a rush; to cries of "Gozar, Gozar!" Looking past their hungry, bloodthirsty eyes as they flood down the hill, he sees their mad leader at the back. He urges them forward, shaking his macabre scepter, which is topped with the skulls of I GOT SERVED generals.
As the horde closed in, his final thoughts turn to his home.....

Ouch. Brutal.
Major Night Strike

Postby barterer2002 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:08 am

cena-rules wrote:
barterer2002 wrote:It was a glorious day for battle upon the Emerald Isle between the forces of green (Striker) and red (barterer). Obviously green was the home favorites in this battle which was quickly joined. The two opposing generals quickly established their bases with Green decending from the north to meet the red horde rushing up from the south to meet them.

On this day much blood was shed on the Pale and northern Ossory as the warring armies fought constantly for control of Meath, Kildare and Carlow. Red attempts to encroach further north were twice met and beaten back before the fifth day of the Battle of Meath. It was on this date that the gods and fates frowned upon the green army and allowed the invading red army to advance northward into Ulster taking Caven on the way. Once there the reds entrenched themselves in a manner they had been unable to previously as the battle weary locals took the soldiers into their homes for a good night, although not much sleep was had.

The next day, feeling weak of leg but strong of mind the Bartering army traded forward til the capitulation of Lord Striker.

well then come to the phillipines and ill sho you what good dice can do

Accepting the challenge of the noble Asian general the trading forces of that Barterman embarked to the Philippines. Upon arriving they found the populous underfed and malnourished but with plenty of shoes. Appalled by this lack of understanding of basic human needs our valient forces knew that they would have to free the people from the brutal rule of Lord Cena and his minions. Moving from Island to island in canoes and rafts to avoid making a sound our forces quickly seized the capital of Manila but failed to capture our enemy who fled into the hinderlands. Over many an island we pursued and defeated his forces until finally he was captured in the craggy hills on one of the Western islands.
That night, the islands roared with laughter as the citizens and their champions joined together in hundreds of bonfires of burning shoes.
Major barterer2002

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:39 pm

game 1065514

won by me
It's your turn...................................
Sergeant LLLUUUKKKEEE

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:11 pm

Alright fellas, the brackets have been updated and all PMs for those who needed them have been sent out. You should be good to go. Sorry for the delay. :)

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:18 am

MarVal it looks like you and me in the 2nd round. Been waiting for you to join the game.
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby spidey on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:03 am

looks like I will be facing my teammate again, I hope the results are the same as last time. :D
Sergeant 1st Class spidey

Postby Night Strike on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:56 pm

spidey wrote:looks like I will be facing my teammate again, I hope the results are the same as last time. :D

It's about time. But I hope the results are different. By the way, the game is 1081130.
Major Night Strike

Postby jpcloet on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Round 2 game, jpcloet wins game 1081132
Captain jpcloet

Postby rebelman on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:18 pm

rebel army marches onwards

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1081142#map

looking forward to renewing battle with barterer2002 :wink:
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby jpcloet on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Round 3 game

jpcloet defeats peanutsdad in game 1111699
Captain jpcloet

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:37 pm

Generation One - way to represent.

Hopefully someone from our clan will be in the Bracket A finals.

The top half of Bracket A was Generation One heavy (Coleman, Timminz, Aerial Attack, Night Strike).
Last edited by Aerial Attack on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Night Strike on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:Generation One - way to represent.

At least someone from our clan will be in the Bracket A finals (assuming we accept spidey).

The top half of Bracket A was Generation One heavy (Coleman, Timminz, spidey, Aerial Attack, Night Strike).

Spidey's not going to get past me. It won't happen again!!!
Major Night Strike

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:45 pm

Full Score report for Generation One:

Members (7-4):
Aerial Attack, 0-1 (lost to member)
AfroDwarf, 1-1
Coleman, 1-1 (lost to member)
Gozar, 2-0
Night Strike, 1-0
Optimus Prime, 0-1 (lost to member)
Timminz, 2-0

NOTE: The participants for this tournament were determined BEFORE Generation One was formed.
Last edited by Aerial Attack on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

I'm a loser

Postby peanutsdad on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Well jpcolet got me... mistakes abound in my game today... oh well it was fun. thanks for letting me play optimus, i'd definately be interested in any others you put on. Congrat jpcolet, i hope you win it all beings you knocked me out....

PD
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Re: I'm a loser

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:35 pm

peanutsdad wrote:Well jpcolet got me... mistakes abound in my game today... oh well it was fun. thanks for letting me play optimus, i'd definately be interested in any others you put on. Congrat jpcolet, i hope you win it all beings you knocked me out....

PD

Just keep an eye out, the Point Grabbers usually start no more than 2 weeks after the previous one finishes. You made a good first showing. :D
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Alright, I've updated the brackets. Looks like jpcloet is breezing through his bracket at the moment, so he could be on his way to his third title in my tournaments at this rate.

Keep up the good work guys.

Oh, and I should tell all of you. All-Star Point Grabbers is next, but I may wait a bit before starting it. Of course, I may start it right away, so who knows.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Wow Gen 1 is representing indeed. and JP wow... impressive.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan

Postby rebelman on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:52 pm

thekidstrumpet wrote:Wow Gen 1 is representing indeed. and JP wow... impressive.

KoE still have one representative left in the tournie :wink: and even though he is a low ranked noob his record in 1 v 1 knock out singles tournements should not be taken lightly :wink:

Point grabbers IV - semi finalist* (and knocked out top seed in round 1)

Point grabbbers V - champion

Gilligan's Bracket Tournament - Runner Up

*quarter finalist after controversial replay
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Night Strike on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Technically, I'm still in the KoE clan.

Until that slow tournament hurries up
Major Night Strike

Postby jpcloet on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Must have had a bad streak right before the tournament. Don't know how I was ranked so low. Having a reputation in Optimus' tournaments is a good thing I hope. Too many Gen1 players in the tournament. I think I'm the only person from my clan in this one.
Last edited by jpcloet on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Boss_oss_ss on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:20 pm

WOOOOO GO JP GO!!!!
Private 1st Class Boss_oss_ss

Postby rebelman on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Night Strike wrote:Technically, I'm still in the KoE clan.

Until that slow tournament hurries up

true at the rate its moving you will be a member for a long time lol
Private rebelman

Postby rebelman on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:34 pm

rebel army are true to the final of bracket B
Private rebelman

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:23 am

MarVal has bestest me in game 1081143
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan

Postby MarVal on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:53 am

thekidstrumpet wrote:MarVal has bestest me in game 1081143

In a hard and tough battle ;-)

Grtz