Conquer Club

SUPER POINT GRABBERS TOURNAMENT [CHAMPION: Timminz]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby rsuttles58 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:19 am

I was so pissed when I lost my game. I was looking around the forums and was like "where is the f***ing Super F***ers! Thread!"
Major rsuttles58

Postby I GOT SERVED on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:27 am

No worries Optimus. Let's just get this back on it's feet so I can beat Gozar and write another epic novel. :wink:

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby Gozar on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:47 pm

I GOT SERVED wrote:No worries Optimus. Let's just get this back on it's feet so I can beat Gozar and write another epic novel. :wink:

Your optimism is setting your story up to be a great tragedy.

Doom!!

:P
Lieutenant Gozar

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:08 pm

rsuttles58 wrote:I was so pissed when I lost my game. I was looking around the forums and was like "where is the f***ing Super F***ers! Thread!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, it was that bad of a loss, eh?
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:23 pm

Alright, brackets are now updated and I have sent PMs to those that needed them. I'm working on re-doing the first post in the thread as we speak.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:34 pm

Alright, I believe that I have corrected all of the problems and now that we have the thread back and recreated we should have smooth sailing from this point on for the rest of the tournament.

I want to express my apologies once again for the loss of the other thread, it was entirely my fault, but I have learned my lesson (and how to do things properly now). I also would like to give my thanks to Aerial Attack who is allowing me to edit his first post of this new thread in order to keep the tournament information in a convenient location.

All brackets have been updated and all games are sent out to those that need them.

Optimus Prime will be replacing the no-show of albionholic.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby AfroDwarf on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:08 pm

The battle-brothers had waited for what seemed like aeons in orbit aboard the Agamemnon's Wrath. The situation would have driven lesser men mad, but these were Space Marines, and if battle had not been joined yet then it was the Emperor's will. At last the call was given to commence the invasion of the planet's surface.
As he rode down in the command squad's Thunderhawk, Captain Ulysses mentally reviewed what he know of their enemy. The Malleus Inquisitor had been adamant that information be kept to the army's highest leaders, and after hearing it Ulysses agreed. The enemy soldiers were mechanical beings like the Necrons, but possessing of shapechanging said to rival a Lord of Change. Hearing the Chaplain finish his oratory, Ulysses and the rest of his squad answered it with a shout of "The Emperor Protects!" and Ulysses fervently hoped that He would.
Lieutenant AfroDwarf

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:12 pm

It was a glorious day for battle upon the Emerald Isle between the forces of green (Striker) and red (barterer). Obviously green was the home favorites in this battle which was quickly joined. The two opposing generals quickly established their bases with Green decending from the north to meet the red horde rushing up from the south to meet them.

On this day much blood was shed on the Pale and northern Ossory as the warring armies fought constantly for control of Meath, Kildare and Carlow. Red attempts to encroach further north were twice met and beaten back before the fifth day of the Battle of Meath. It was on this date that the gods and fates frowned upon the green army and allowed the invading red army to advance northward into Ulster taking Caven on the way. Once there the reds entrenched themselves in a manner they had been unable to previously as the battle weary locals took the soldiers into their homes for a good night, although not much sleep was had.

The next day, feeling weak of leg but strong of mind the Bartering army traded forward til the capitulation of Lord Striker.
Major barterer2002

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:21 pm

I thought the names redded out in the first post meant they were eliminated... if so there's an error with my name.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:22 pm

thekidstrumpet wrote:I thought the names redded out in the first post meant they were eliminated... if so there's an error with my name.

I'll check that, hold on......

EDIT: Yep, sure enough, you shouldn't be in red. I didn't update the bracket, Luxurious did as I was finishing up a school project last night. I'll fix it with the next update, I promise. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:36 pm

Thanks Opt-man.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby cena-rules on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:51 pm

barterer2002 wrote:It was a glorious day for battle upon the Emerald Isle between the forces of green (Striker) and red (barterer). Obviously green was the home favorites in this battle which was quickly joined. The two opposing generals quickly established their bases with Green decending from the north to meet the red horde rushing up from the south to meet them.

On this day much blood was shed on the Pale and northern Ossory as the warring armies fought constantly for control of Meath, Kildare and Carlow. Red attempts to encroach further north were twice met and beaten back before the fifth day of the Battle of Meath. It was on this date that the gods and fates frowned upon the green army and allowed the invading red army to advance northward into Ulster taking Caven on the way. Once there the reds entrenched themselves in a manner they had been unable to previously as the battle weary locals took the soldiers into their homes for a good night, although not much sleep was had.

The next day, feeling weak of leg but strong of mind the Bartering army traded forward til the capitulation of Lord Striker.

well then come to the phillipines and ill sho you what good dice can do
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:53 pm

Gilligan beat BaldAdonis.
Major Gilligan

Postby rebelman on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:38 pm

rebelman wrote:Is the original thread gone gone as there were some fun posts in it jut wondering?

PS it will be a long, long, time before my 1st round game is over as my opponent seems to be a strict one move a day guy. That said I don't mind how long it takes as long as I get the right result. :wink:

we are still on 1 round per day, but some clever tactics in the west of Ireland has changed this game around with the rebel army now in contol having been 6 armies behind !!!
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby rebelman on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:42 am

Wow what a battle !!!!! We played real time this morning and i have never seen a game change control so often over 18 rounds. At several stages either of us could have won but in the end the rebel army just about live to fight another day (and remain undeafeted on home turf in point grabbers tourneys - this being the third time in a row Irl was one of the maps)
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby AfroDwarf on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:35 am

hey Optimus, I just beat you :D Full writeup in about 6 hours, have to go to Orgo lab and blow shit up.
Lieutenant AfroDwarf

Postby rsuttles58 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:44 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
rsuttles58 wrote:I was so pissed when I lost my game. I was looking around the forums and was like "where is the f***ing Super F***ers! Thread!"

You have no clue.. :cry:
Major rsuttles58

Postby cena-rules on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:46 am

rsuttles58 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

You have no clue.. :cry:

where the pos feedback??
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:21 am

AfroDwarf wrote:hey Optimus, I just beat you :D Full writeup in about 6 hours, have to go to Orgo lab and blow shit up.

How dare you! :) Don't you know that you are supposed to just roll over and play dead? I'm looking forward to the write-up. :D
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Strider24 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:29 pm

barterer2002 wrote:It was a glorious day for battle upon the Emerald Isle between the forces of green (Striker) and red (barterer). Obviously green was the home favorites in this battle which was quickly joined. The two opposing generals quickly established their bases with Green decending from the north to meet the red horde rushing up from the south to meet them.

I was reading this and thinking huh? Then realised it was me you were on about. Dam the Dice Gods! Oh and my name is Strider lol!

I must say meath was my fort and was the only place i could defend which would be why i always reinforced it. Good game though nice win!
Tournament Wins:
Back to the Basics II
Sergeant Strider24

Postby AfroDwarf on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:10 pm

For the record, I've been playing this army since long before 300, the biggest influence was just me being an MSU fan.

Ulysses scanned the scorched battlefield as his men finished off the last of the enemy. He had to admit, the aliens' energy weapons were powerful, even Imperator armor proved little defense. But, Ulysses thought wryly, that was why Spartan squads were led by Caduceans in defiance of Guilliman's Codex. He set his vox-caster to communicate with his sergeants.
"See to the dead, then collect any undamaged pieces of our foes; the Inquisitor, Emperor help him, wants samples."
As they set about the work, Ulysses looked up at the night sky, trying to find the star that Agamemnon orbited, even though he knew finding it would only bring him grief. His company was banished for their failure on Aruzu 9, forbidden to return until 190 years passed since their retreat. It would be a long road ahead, filled with battles on countless worlds whose names Ulysses cared not to know, but he vowed he would see his home again.
Lieutenant AfroDwarf

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:47 pm

A few new PMs got sent out just now and I have updated the brackets. Keep up the good work guys.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Super Point Grabbers - Bracket B

Postby MarVal on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:A few new PMs got sent out just now and I have updated the brackets. Keep up the good work guys.

Regards, Optimus Prime

=D> An applause for your self. You als do a good job with all of your tournaments =D>

Super Point Grabbers - Bracket B

MarVal versus Killer619 on game 1065528.

MarVal wins.

Grtz
MarVal
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal MarVal

another round another win

Postby peanutsdad on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:30 pm

Ahhh yesssss, PD continues his roll through the brackets.... Ok, really i just got lucky in the second round. Gilligan got bad dice first turn and i didn't and that set up the rest of the game. No mistakes by either of us were made, i just plain and simple got better dice. So once again luck of the irish prevails for the PD man...... Good game gilligan....Next.....

PD
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby Gozar on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Game 1081144

.....I GOT SERVED raises his visor to wipe the sweat from his eyes. He surveyes the mass as they crest the hill above them. How many battles, in how many campaigns, had he seen; to be bested by these brutish curs. Caked in filth in ragtag armor, these thugs had turned back his every advance, bringing him to this place in the hollow.
His choices were clear. Surrender or death. And his training left no room for surrender.
Every muscle crys out as he labors to his feet one last time, he hears the sound of his men doing the same in the hollow all around him. Well trained, even to the last.
Raising his sword, he turns to order them into battle once more. His words are lost in the cacophony from the hilltop; as the mass descends in a rush; to cries of "Gozar, Gozar!" Looking past their hungry, bloodthirsty eyes as they flood down the hill, he sees their mad leader at the back. He urges them forward, shaking his macabre scepter, which is topped with the skulls of I GOT SERVED generals.
As the horde closed in, his final thoughts turn to his home.....
Lieutenant Gozar

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007